🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• angelicious
    Options
    Hey everyone,

I've just found this thread and would love to join if that's ok.

My total outgoings from my account are £1200!!!!:eek: so my 6 month total is going to be £7200.
    Save £12k in 2024 - £0/25,000
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,136 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hey angelicious - welcome to the thread. :hello: Of course you can join, everyone is welcome.

When Helen checks in she will add your name, number and target to the first post.
    At a quick glance, you are prob going to be #60 but Helen will confirm that.

You can pop along and update us as often as you like, even if it's about life rather than the EF, we love to hear about it all.

All the best with your target.

Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • misselvis
    misselvis Posts: 285 Forumite
    Energy Saving Champion
    Options
    Hello folks

How random this has been on my list to keep my momentum up and running and voila here is a challenge to help me with the process. Am about to embark on full time study for a year so am very nervous about how this will go but reading people's diaries I am inspired to stay committed to the cause. I think I am going to start with 3 months worth which would be £6000 here goes........

misselvis proud and in motion - dealing with her debts step by step :)DFW #107
    challenge pay off 6.5k by the end of 2017~ £388/£6500 challenge 1% challenge = 6% of debt cleared; challenge - build up 3 months emergency fund- £0/£6000
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,136 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    hello misselvis :hello: welcome to the thread.

I echo everything I said to angelicious........welcome aboard.

This thread is full of motivation, encouragement and stories of challenges and progress.

Keep us updated and all the best with your studies and target :D

Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • angelicious
    Options
    Hey Dobbibill

Thanks for the welcome. Off to a start already, just transferred £270 to my fund, not bad for the first day, if only every day it was so easy to add as much lol
    Save £12k in 2024 - £0/25,000
  • crimson.addict
    Options
    Added $1194 today. I wish I was doing as well with my weight loss.

Signature updated.

I am the opposite, my weight loss is going great, I have lost 16.8Kg or 37lbs since April 14th however my EF has not budged one bit!

Once i have paid the money i loaned back to my OH i am hoping to open a help to buy ISA and save in there. This will be my EF.

How is your weight loss going Helen? i know you were doing exceptionally well the last time i checked in x
    Sealed Pot Challenge member #071 VSP #4
    £723.44(SPC5) - £753.77(SPC6) - £857.19(SPC7) - £1,632.19(SPC8) - £2,707.15(SPC9) - £2,950.30(SPC10) - £0(SPC11)...so far

I love LC2 and Jakes-Mum :rotfl:
    Star's from Sue :staradmin x28
    CC Debt
    - £2,927.14 Savings - EF - £4,797.21/£5,000 - H2B - £4,691.03/£12,000
  • JCUK
    JCUK Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

Pay day for me - always a good thing! :-) Another £50 into my pot please Helen, taking the total to £1050. And thank you, as always, for keeping us all up to date.

Hope everyone's enjoying the sunshine. :-)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    The Olympics are taking their toll on me:rotfl:. Staying up most of the night watching live TV coverage and my poor brain is good for nothing most of daylight hours:o

Still intending to sort my financial situation out (check accounts and cashbacks etc) so I can get cracking on this challenge again. Might be back again this evening.

Helen, are you OK? There's been no sign of you since I've been back on the thread. I hope that's not the reason;)

Well done to all savers. Let's all have a good week:beer:
  • crimson.addict
    Options
    I have dropped Helen an e-mail. Hopefully she still uses it and will see it and know we are thinking of her. It's not like her to be away for over 2 weeks so hopefully she is just busy with work x
    Sealed Pot Challenge member #071 VSP #4
    £723.44(SPC5) - £753.77(SPC6) - £857.19(SPC7) - £1,632.19(SPC8) - £2,707.15(SPC9) - £2,950.30(SPC10) - £0(SPC11)...so far

I love LC2 and Jakes-Mum :rotfl:
    Star's from Sue :staradmin x28
    CC Debt
    - £2,927.14 Savings - EF - £4,797.21/£5,000 - H2B - £4,691.03/£12,000
  • AnxiousHomemaker
    Options
    Hi, I posted on here a while a go asking to join and then haven't been back since! We have a lot going on at the moment with my husband being on long term sick from work (which is what has highlighted the need for an emergency fund) its really bothered me not getting off the mark yet so today I have transferred £5.00 into a savings account. Still a long way off my initial £500 goal but its a starting point :D x
    No one is going to stand up at your funeral and say
    'she had a really expensive couch and nice shoes'
    3-6 months emergency fund #58: £15/£500
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business