3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Evening All....

I'm so so sorry to not have been on here to Update the Thread....but Thank You EVERYONE for keeping it going....

Things here have been somewhat difficult....I've had my health issues which haven't been great, I keep getting horrible dizzy and balance attacks...one of which left me collapsing on the floor one day....And then there have been issues around my Job, now I'm not with that Company anymore and that has been a HUGE change for me as I have been with them for nearly 10 years...so I've been trying to figure out a new Budget with a couple of new Companies that I am with and it's feeling pretty complicated right now...but I'll get there...

The great thing for me is that I haven't used my Emergency Fund even though it's been quite tough...There's something good about having a Terramundi because I really am VERY reluctant to smash it and so I've just kept on going without using it...which I'm proud of.... :D

Anyway...here are the Updates...there are quite a few....

milasavesmoney - I've Updated your Total...don't worry, these things happen...you still have a MASSIVE amount in your Emergency Fund and you are doing great...keep going hun xXx :)

-Selene - I've Updated your Total hun....You're doing AWESOME and I love that you have long-term Saving plans....keep going xXx :)

skye blue - I've Updated your Total hun....It's no problem for running the Thread....I hope to be around more often now.... xXx :)

JCUK - I've Updated your Total hun.....WOW, well done for reaching that important milestone of £1000, you're doing AWESOME!! I'm doing okay thanks hun...at least I am now...

mum-to-many - I've Updated the First Page....you're doing AMAZING!! Keep going.... xXx :)

Munchin - I've Updated your Total....You are doing AMAZING, keep going, you CAN do this....I'm so sorry to hear that your Car is giving up the ghost....hopefully it will last for a while....

WatWing - I've Updated the First Page....You're doing BRILLIANTLY!! Keep going...I'm starting to feel better thanks hun... xXx :)

Mooloo - I'm sorry to hear of your problems but it's great that you have kept your Emergency Fund....That's BRILLIANT... xXx :)

[Deleted User] - I've Updated the First Page.....You are doing so AMAZING, keep going, you will get there.....I'm doing okay thanks hun.... xXx :)

Dobbibill - I've Updated the First Page...You are doing SO BRILLIANTLY!! Keep going...and thank you so much for helping to keep the Thread going....you're AWESOME!! xXx :)
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,136 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Evening All....

I'm so so sorry to not have been on here to Update the Thread....but Thank You EVERYONE for keeping it going....

Things here have been somewhat difficult....I've had my health issues which haven't been great, I keep getting horrible dizzy and balance attacks...one of which left me collapsing on the floor one day....And then there have been issues around my Job, now I'm not with that Company anymore and that has been a HUGE change for me as I have been with them for nearly 10 years...so I've been trying to figure out a new Budget with a couple of new Companies that I am with and it's feeling pretty complicated right now...but I'll get there...

The great thing for me is that I haven't used my Emergency Fund even though it's been quite tough...There's something good about having a Terramundi because I really am VERY reluctant to smash it and so I've just kept on going without using it...which I'm proud of.... :D

Aw Helen, I'm so sorry to hear you have been under the weather and having huge changes at work.

I hope you have had a chat to your Dr. about the dizzy spells. It must have been awful for you. Big hugs to get well soon. :grouphug:

Sometimes, in order for new doors to open, we have to close other doors. It may seem uncertain, different and a little scary at times but fresh, new opportunities could be just around the corner.......without a crystal ball we don't know......I'm sure those rainbows will be just behind one of those other doors, so keep chasing them. ;)

Well done for not smashing the Terramundi, you should be very proud of yourself for that. It's easy to give in to temptation when you fall on tough times. You have done yourself proud :D

Dobbi
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ^^^^^^^ Dobbi said it well! I add my support.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • stoplurking
    stoplurking Posts: 384 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all

Payday again so thought I'd do my monthly update.
    Helen, I am sorry things have been a bit unsettling for you and hope all is sorted health and job wise. Thanks for updating everyone's totals.

I'm still hoping to be 1/3 of the way to my EF by the time the thread is one year old, so I have 2 more months after this I think. Have added to it today and is now at 25% £1000/£4000

Keep going everyone, no matter how small an amount, every penny gets you closer to your goal.
    MFIT -T5 #42
  • PoorGuyNextDoor
    Options
    I just posted on my own diary about short term goal of saving an emergency fund up (no more living payday to payday also!!!) So i recieved a pm from a very helpful member on here suggesting i join in with this thread....so id like to join in please!! As a summary of my standard monthly outgoings are

£900 Joint account for mortgage council tax bills etc
    £1,400(yes you read that right....) to my loans
    £350 spent on fuel for work, running costs, small amount for entertainment just enough to get by really!!

Total of £2,650 PCM. Depends on how fast i can get there, i may end up going for 3 months then pay off my credit cards after that. However il start with 2 months expenses at £5,300. Pretty extreme but im used to it. Im going to aim for doing that by the end of October so iv got just over 3 months to do it. Lets crack on!!
    Can now be found in the Millionaire Challenge thread :beer:
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,136 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi PoorGuyNextDoor,

Welcome to the thread :hello:
    Helen will be along shortly with a number and add your name and target to the first page.

Well done for addressing your debts.
    Just a quick glance at the figures you have put up show that if you get 2 months expenses put aside, once you have paid off your CCs/loans - that 2 months will actually double to 4 and a bit months expenses. I think that is a fab plan going forward, the cushion will give you certain reassurance. ;)

So welcome aboard, keep us updated with your progress, come along for a rant if things are tough, we're here for the ups and the downs.

Dobbi :D
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Everyone.... :)

Well things have taken a bit of a turn and I've been offered my old Job back, they apologised for the way they treated me and I accepted their apology and went back to Work with them....But I am not putting all of my eggs in one basket....So I'm feeling great about that....although it's not without it's problems....But I AM getting there....and feeling good about that....

I'm going to be able to put another Fiver into my Terramundi later on today so I'll Update my own Total later on....

Dobbibill - Thank You for your encouragement hun...I really appreciate that....I'm doing okay....Just some changes which is a bit unsettling but I'll get there.....and Thank You for Welcoming our lovely New Member.... xXx :)

milasavesmoney - Thank You so much for your lovely words...They really are much appreciated xXx :)

stoplurking - Thanks hun, I'm doing okay...but thank you....I've Updated the First Page...You're doing AWESOME and WELL DONE for reaching the Milestone of £1000.....I know you'll get to that one third of your Target very soon...Keep on going xXx :)

PoorGuyNextDoor - Welcome to the Gang!! It's lovely to have you here....I've put you on the Members List.....And I've put your Target as £5300....Do come back and let us know how you're getting on..... xXx :)
  • LittleMissDetermined
    Options
    Morning!

A quick update from me today to add £30 to my fund taking me to £290. Still slogging away at the debt to be honest so most of my wages are paying cards down.

Good news on the job Helen :)

LMD xx
    Life gets in the way...PADding is addictive...Saving's better than spending...
    2024 1p challenge #11 | Cash envelope challenge #01 | SPC #017
    Sealed pot 2024 £3025.36 | EF £1000/£1000 | Sabbatical £1075/£3000 | Holiday spends £575 | General Saver £30114.48
  • Keeping_Motivated
    Options
    Hi Helen and everyone else :)

Things have slowed down for me saving wise so I have just added £10 to my ISA so I feel like I am still keeping the saving ticking over for now.

So my total is now £5520

KM x
  • Keeping_Motivated
    Options
    Hi me again Ive had some cashback paid this morning so I've sent it straight over to the ISA so another £10 added to my total bringing it now to £5530.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure