3-6 Month Emergency Fund Challenge!!

Options

Comments

• sophieo16
    sophieo16 Posts: 191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Try looking into selling on facebook too. You can sell on your local site and you wont have to pay to post x

I didn't even think of that! thanks for the tip Crimson :beer: Ill have to look into this

Soph
    Mortgage Feb 2023- £249,210 MFW 2023 #20: £524.05/£500 (104.81%)
  • DreamerHelen
    DreamerHelen Posts: 2,629 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning Everyone... :)

Well I'm feeling MUCH better this morning....Yesterday was good to have a Break in the morning and now my Monday's are going to be mostly free and I am using them as my Day Off now....which I'm looking forward to!! :D

I'm also going to be able to put another Fiver in my Emergency Fund this Week...FINALLY!! So I'm looking forward to Thursday when I can do that....

Smodlet - I've Updated the First Page...You're doing BRILLIANT...Do keep going...You WILL get there....Thank you for the sympathy re Hayfever, it's not bad all the time so I can't complain... xXx :)

crimson.addict - Good to see you hun...Hope you're doing well and thank you for your advice about Facebook Selling xXx :)

Mooloo - Glad to hear that your Savings are growing....That's AWESOME...Keep going hun xXx :)

sophieo16 - Good luck with Facebook Selling...Go for it!! xXx :)
  • milasavesmoney
    milasavesmoney Posts: 1,787 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Helen it's just wonderful to hear you are feeling a lot better! Really great news.
    Overprepare, then go with the flow.
    [Regina Brett]
  • DreamerHelen
    Options
    Morning Everyone... :)

Not much to Update....I'm doing okay so far....Yesterday not too bad....Looking forward to putting my next Fiver in my Emergency Fund tomorrow...:D

milasavesmoney - Aww thank you hun...I really appreciate that...I seem to be feeling much better at the moment...so thank you... xXx :)
  • crimson.addict
    crimson.addict Posts: 1,198 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    crimson.addict - Good to see you hun...Hope you're doing well and thank you for your advice about Facebook Selling xXx :)

I still read every day but i am currently paying off my CC and trying to pay back my OH the money he loaned me for my car so i don't have any money to save towards this i'm afraid.

Once everything is paid off however i am opening a help to buy isa.... so excited!!!
    Sealed Pot Challenge member #071 VSP #4
    £723.44(SPC5) - £753.77(SPC6) - £857.19(SPC7) - £1,632.19(SPC8) - £2,707.15(SPC9) - £2,950.30(SPC10) - £0(SPC11)...so far

I love LC2 and Jakes-Mum :rotfl:
    Star's from Sue :staradmin x28
    CC Debt
    - £2,927.14 Savings - EF - £4,797.21/£5,000 - H2B - £4,691.03/£12,000
  • DreamerHelen
    Options
    Morning Everyone.... :)

Yesterday was a bit grim in some ways....felt ill yesterday afternoon but I think that was because of the Weather as it was very close yesterday....

But apart from that I was able to pay my usual amount on my Debts....AND put money in my Savings...AND add another Fiver to this Emergency Fund....So I'm now at £40....It might not sound like much but I'm really proud of myself for Saving it.... :D

crimson.addict - Don't worry hun.....You are welcome to join us whenever you are able to hun.....It sounds like you are doing well which is great.... xXx :)
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I have had a shock with housing benefit over paying over 3 years, they are now claiming back £5,000 plus an amended payment of around £90 less a week going forward. With immediate effect. This means my Emergency Funds will be required in the next few days and months, to pay my new rent amount until I can do a new budget etc. I will probably struggle to have any savings now, as my tax credits are also due to be reduced.
    I had a terrible restless night. I don't know exactly what I'm going to do, but at least my Emergency Fund should cover me for 2 1/2 months rent.
    Can you put me back down to zero!!!
    I will start again when I've got it all sorted out.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    Helen you EF is growing and that is so great!

Mooloo that is simply terrible! Dang woman how can they deside this after three whole years? That's just awful! So so sorry!
    [Regina Brett]
  • Savvy_sewing
    Savvy_sewing Posts: 11,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    Helen you EF is growing and that is so great!

Mooloo that is simply terrible! Dang woman how can they deside this after three whole years? That's just awful! So so sorry!

Last night I came home to yet another 45 pages of calculations on the council tax. They are now saying I owe £1,500 odd there as well, and will be deducting it all on 1.8 by DD! Not even spreading the costs.
    Monday I will be cancelling my DD's!!
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • milasavesmoney
    Options
    This is just unreal Mooloo! Yes cancel the DD!
    [Regina Brett]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family