Phones2U Direct (cashback rating)

Options

* As of 4pm on 13/10/06, there are 24 votes in this poll from 23 individuals

* 17 of these are included in the following summary analysis.

* The remaining 7 are excluded from analysis for one of the following reasons:

1. not yet at the first cashback point (3 votes)
2. selected "other" but didn't provide further info (4 votes)

SUMMARY ANALYSIS

Received all the cashback (47.1%)

This is made up of the following components:

received cash with no problems: 1/17 = 5.9%
received cash with some problems: 3/17 = 17.6%
received cash only after legal action: 4/17 = 23.5%

Lost some/all of the cashback (52.9%)

This is made up of the following components:

fell foul of the terms & conditions: 2/17 = 11.8%
retailer didn't honour the agreement: 7/17 = 41.2%

ALTERNATIVE ANALYSIS

If we rank each of the above 5 responses in order of how positive the outcome was and assign a score from 0-4 as follows:

0: lost cashback - retailer didn't honour the agreement
1: lost cashback - fell foul of T&Cs
2: received all the cashback only after legal action
3: received all the cashback with some problems
4: received all the cashback with no problems

We get an average "confidence" score of 1.35/4 or 33.8%.

What this means is that the "average" person is likely to find themselves in either category 1 or 2. i.e. you are likely to either fall foul of the terms & conditions or have to threaten Phones2U with legal action before you see your money.

orginal post follows below...

A while back, I posted a couple of retailer-specific polls to ellicit the general experience of the MSE membership with respect to receipt of cashback.

More recently, there has been a lot of talk about Phones2U Direct on the forum.

As this retailer is not included Ka7e's cashback rating polls (threads entitled Cashback Performance and Lost Cashback) I guess that it's about time to that Phones2U Direct was given it's own cashback rating poll.

This poll follows exactly the same format as my previous polls for One Stop Phone Shop and Mobile Rainbow. However, in response to suggestions made by contributors to the previous polls, I have allowed multiple selections on this poll. This allows anyone who has used Phones2U Direct on more than one occasion with differing results to register ALL of these and not have to choose just one.

If you have had first-hand experience of Phones2U's cashback claims process please select the option(s) that are most appropriate to you. If none of the options are appropriate to your experience, please select none of the above and append a response to this thread explaining your situation.

In addition to the raw mathematics of the poll, here's a quick index of existing threads about Phones2U for some background info and further discussion:

phone2udirect cashback claim - help needed
Phones 2U Direct - Cashback on a Ported Number
Phones 2 u direct
For anyone wishing to contact me privately to ask me a question, can I ask that you email me directly as my PM box is often full.

Which option best describes your cashback experience with Phones2U Direct? 99 votes

This is my first Phones2U Direct contract and I've not yet reached the first cashback point
10%
Jazzkingmarnstarsgtz101Tapasthemoogjustwowunreal06Monsavera1heres_hopingJames212 10 votes
I've received all cashbacks due with little/no problems
11%
analyst_2danejb92mrstrong_2robthebobDavid_beachlibertyxfordrangerMJJ_3oshkikoshiostokegalansab 11 votes
I've received all cashbacks due with some (non-legal) pressure applied
10%
michaelscuteusmaximusW1zzKleptisVshieldsydrp2854ericthelobsterstevebaker_2fabs35Mr_Hippo 10 votes
I had to issue legal proceedings to receive some/all of my cashback
25%
bethyblue612storriMrsMondragonold_systemkavakavaivanhoe_2Pagan98BritSwedeGuyndurvewayneb7729claudefrogmoozikgaltiredagainMASHER154GagsbabyJodiMBrownjameskent_2costahotshotMenstrieBenansab 25 votes
Because of errors on my part I've lost some/all of my cashback
9%
carlyflyerBtopenbob76_2Michele37steelbumjobless1cookie0953danheydon 9 votes
Through no fault of my own I've lost some/all of my cashback
18%
[Deleted User]the_tired_oneMOCHAJPRkingarhufad1211IRISHGENIUSpensionstudentiankerrythelma20jedeyesabina23jezspencer41mrsmjgbighec123sonny123theheartdoctorjolabola 18 votes
None of the above (post details of your situation in the thread)
16%
behappiergrayooTotorikothemissingdigitmacgyverfad1211mega123man123allenkjgribberDan:)_7consumer31EM_CBlueShaunmazzanelsroo291FedUpwithSCAMMERS_3 16 votes

Comments

• JPR
    JPR Posts: 405 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good Idea. They are lurkers on this site so maybe they will take note.
  • the_tired_one
    Options
    Sadly, I bought one of their packages - took threats galore to return it & they charged me £40 admin charge)

Bought phones from other compnies, and on the odd ocassion I have had to return - NO admin fee has been charged.

I wait for the day they go bankrupt! I pity any customers they have.
  • Reestit_Mutton
    Options
    Sadly, I bought one of their packages - took threats galore to return it & they charged me £40 admin charge)

Bought phones from other compnies, and on the odd ocassion I have had to return - NO admin fee has been charged.

I wait for the day they go bankrupt! I pity any customers they have.

I'm sorry to hear that, the_tired_one. However, to be fair, you really should have selected the "none of the above" option as all the others relate to cashback and this sounds like a non-cashback complaint.

RM
    For anyone wishing to contact me privately to ask me a question, can I ask that you email me directly as my PM box is often full.
  • Reestit_Mutton
    Options
    <BUMP!>

5 votes so far...
    More votes are needed if the poll statistics are to be reliable.

The OSPS poll currently has almost 100 votes - it would be nice if we could aim for that here also - I'm sure there are that many P2U customers lurking on these boards.

Reestit Mutton
  • joe06
    joe06 Posts: 80 Forumite
    Options
    Bump!
    I want to get a phone and these and mobile outlet are offering the best deals (b12 months free ,21 days to claim) but i want some feedback first.
    Anyone?
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,008 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Check out the comments on hotukdeals forum - seems like they are very slow payers but some people (like me) have had money recently
    I think....
  • mrstrong_2
    Options
    I've received all cashbacks due with little/no problems
    Hi guys i claimed to phones2udirect for my cashback and they sent me a cheque, i'm def going to use them again, cheers guys

Mr Strong :D
  • michaels
    michaels Posts: 28,008 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Glad you had success Mr Strong (or Mrs Trong). Will be even more glad when you become a long time member with posts on topics other than p2ud.
    I think....
  • kingarhu
    Options
    I got my first cashback a bit late, my second claim was sent in begining of July, still waiting for payment. Now no answer on any of their telephone lines and only automated email replies. I would strongly advise anyone to avoid this bunch - I can't see them being in business much longer.
  • atro1
    atro1 Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    Options
    kingarhu wrote:
    I got my first cashback a bit late, my second claim was sent in begining of July, still waiting for payment. Now no answer on any of their telephone lines and only automated email replies. I would strongly advise anyone to avoid this bunch - I can't see them being in business much longer.
    I have been waiting since july, Their phone are not working, you just get automated emails. Very frustrating.
    I have found an Admin number for them and have actually spoken to someone.
    Quote 'you will be hearing something soon.'
    I will be with my solicitor on Thursday I wait to see what he has to say.
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport