We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Nst october

Options

Comments

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Most of the oven grunge is gone - the packaging paper from their parcels did a great job, just kept rubbing and folding it over when it ahd absorbed grunge or the mucky gravy like soup in the drawer. Oven trays removed from the packets but left outside to let the rainwater take off any nasty residue before I bring them in to scrub off the remaining scraps.

Found the bag with the previously bought bottles of oven stuff in, so will have another go sometime soon but glad to have shifted the worst of it. Very tired today, some aches and pains and the occasional complaint from my flu jab. I want to go to mum's (was told I didn't need to if I wasn't well). There are some things I will be able to do and it's all progress (slow, slow, tiny steps but progress).

Not going to shop but will take things from my freezer to cook (one of the bags of chicken was intended for mum anyway) and maybe bring back the parsnips I prepared weeks ago (they've been living in mum's freezer). Might try to catch the bus and pick up some ys stuff from Morries but still recovering from stool shower and hair wash (went dizzy when I leant forward to wet my hair) so will see how I go.

Today I am grateful for the freedom to go at my own pace, for the huge amount of grunge shifted (going to put it in the diary so it doesn't take so long between cleanings in the coming year) and for more ideas on things to do (always taking into account limited resources - my time, my energy, my patience).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • PheoniX
    PheoniX Posts: 247 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all :wave:

Been missing in action of late. Third consecutive nsd bagged today due to night shifts. Monday was a mega spend day (£300+) as puss went to get neutered and one of his doo-dahs was hiding near his kidneys, so a bigger spend than anticipated :o

He has been a little monkey. Escaped from his onesie by the time we got home from the vets and had to go back for a buster collar. Was advised by the vets to get a baby grow as he could still lick his wounds with the collar on (l swear this cat is double jointed) and after a fashioning some improvised outfit he somehow managed to houdini out of it while under the bed :think: lts been quite stressful trying to stop him jumping up on things as though nothings been done :eek:

Thankyou for all your inspirational / motivational turtle care posts mothernerd, you have put a lot of your time and hard work into them around your already busy schedule helping others :A make sure you make time to look after yourself too
    :D Ninja Saving Turtle :D
    SFD 1 Food 0 Fuel 0 Fun 0 Misc 0
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for chats with dd, for good coffee, for getting plenty for my money for the fb, for sainz having dd's food items in stock, for not getting too wet in the rain, for turning a pack of those mini carrots -that were getting a bit past their best- into yummy soup, for my weights, for finally finishing some needlefelted pieces, for spearing another frog.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 October 2019 at 3:22PM
    Options
    Evening!!!

Who knew that the hardest part of being an adult is to work out what you are going to cook for dinner every single night for the rest of your life, until you die
    :rotfl:

Behaved myself today... and no spends...

Today = NSD number 7

Weird emotional up and down but ultimately funny day as I ended up with chinese from the freezer and rice watching Bridesmaids!!! Hilarious!!!! :rotfl:
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all:j

An NSD today as resisted the siren call of the fish & chips DH was after getting. So now 6/15. All food from stores & mostly HM.

Also helped DD to make her meals for the next few days as she is on earlies so hard to make something before leaving, also tired when she gets back. However, she will be coming for her supper tomorrow.

Quite a bit more sorting done & still going through stuff in the bedroom. Am now attacking the big top cupboards that are built in. Full of goodness knows what, now mostly sorted. Really thrilled to find some fleece fingerless gloves I have. I have 2 pairs, different colours - one pink, one green. For the last few years (!) I've only had one of each pair. I didn't really mind wearing odd gloves - looks quirky eh? - but have now found the other pair, so I have 2 matching pairs again. Ridiculously pleased.

Will do a bit of sorting before bed as usual. Keeps me off the internet - & improves the general environment.

Grateful for: Progress be it ever so slow, DD being pleasant, finding my gloves - and a lovely throw & some cushions I forgot I had.., planning menu for tomorrow

Popping in to say hi: Hello turtles!!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • mothernerd
    Options
    I 've just read something posted by DS1 about SurvivorsUK (a charity which supports male victims of child abuse). DS1 wasn't abused but all three of my sons have suffered with depression at various points in their lives (the more intelligent you are, the more likely you are to get depression and also you worry more because you can imagine more/ foresee the consequences of certain actions).

My point is that child abuse has male and female victims (SURVIVORS). Domestic violence happens to men as well as women. Depression happens to men and boys. Suicide is the second most common cause of death in young men after road traffic accidents (women make more attempts but boys/ teenagers/ men are more likely to succeed).

The average time taken before speaking up about childhood abuse is 26 years.

So encourage your little boys (and girls) to talk to you - even if it means one of them comes into the bathroom and sits on the edge of the bath every time you go to the toilet (I think they thought it was the best place for one-to-one talking, bathroom was too small for a third person).

Thank you for listening.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning all :wave:
    Still struggling a bit with everything. Officially poorly with some sort of cold. My voice has degenerated over the past three days and is little more than a squeak this morning. I haven't had any time off work (yet) and am hoping with a couple of days indoors doing almost nothing will allow me to recover enough for a busy week next week.
    Thank you all for your kind words though, it is always appreciated.
    Justforme - congratulations on getting the IVA approved. It will be a huge relief I'm sure... the guilt will quickly lessen into just regret that you didn't do it sooner.
    PheoniX - sorry the cat turned out to be costly. I have one of those myself - she's never, ever the cheapest option at the vets and the only one of my crowd that is uninsured. Hope he's doing better soon.
    Today's plans - self care and being with my kids. It's so important as you say mothernerd, that kids have someone they can talk to. My kids have had a share of a rubbish childhood and I'm doing the very best I can to get them through it.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,960 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Good morning Turtles!
    I have made it to half term! woo hoo! Came downstairs to a stiff Mr Hamster. Ex-hamster, so he is lying in state in his fluffy bedding, until I can bury him in a plant pot outside when DS3 comes home from ping pong. I hope they do not decide to become grave robbers because of this, although possibly funeral directors...... or Archeologists. He was about 140 in hamster years.

So now I can move the furniture around in the living room as Mr Hamster no longer needs to be on a side table where he could see what was going on.

Might use up some woodworm stuff on the reclaimed floorboards, will bake a cake to take away with us.

Turtles - we are heading to Hathersage/Castleton so if anyone has any recommendations as to which cavern (Treake vs Speedwell vs Blue John) to go down or which one to miss, or whether the Heights of Abraham is worth it - any advice welcomed. I am trying to s-t-r-e-t-c-h my Turtle Pounds as (very) far as I can.
    Right, funeral arrangements, floorboards, baking, menu planning. That sounds like the beginnings of a plan.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • mothernerd
    Options
    We went down Treake, as it was out tutor's favourite. As he did geography/ geology (and ended up in charge of teacher education) I bow to his wisdom.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Always avoided the Heights cable car - cost!! But did go up and around the top. Though whether by car or walking from the bottom, I'm not sure... we took dh's kids (teens then) so prob didn't walk up!

I think the cavern with the boat is the least good one, tho can't recall the name.

Going up Mam Tor is worth it as you can see where the road fell away.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport