Nst october

Options

Comments

• greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

AUDIT your Cupboards, Fridge and Freezer - - - fridge and cupboards done. Freezer will be done
    Plan for the MONTH - - Still need to buy my nephew's 2nd bday present and have meal out with OH for his 50th next weekend. Half term -night away with smalls - have £50 A1rbnb credit.
    For the Next Ninety Days
    SET some goals.- have started on some of the house jobs and been listing things on flebay

Plan for the Month
    You must PAY to YOUR DEBTS or SAVINGS FIRST - paid off the last bit of DD's student loan overpayment
    [/COLOR]another flebay sale - rounded up money transferred to hol fund
    INCREASE your income if possible - no pr0l1f1c surveys done but 1 x flebay sale
    MEND, MAKE or MAKE DO - cannibalised an old work-branded lanyard of OH's to get a new clip for my keyring for my pound-coin tokens (mine broke)
    REDUCE your outgoings - on a mission to use some things up leftovers for lunch again. Used free RM survey stamps to put on parcel to post tomorrow

This Month
    LOOK AFTER YOURSELF . - Had a long lunch hour (at home) after a busy morning :)

For the Next 90 Days
    Introduce ONE HABIT to improve your health - will aim for consistency with exercise and diet - Food ok-ish today. Easier day on the activity front again
    Do something FOR YOU each day -took time out to watch Hawa11 five0

This month
    Make a FROG LIST and do it- went to my Nan's and moved the items out for the bulky collection tomorrow. Person who was having sofas changed mind today so now need to get CS to collect them (virtually new)
    CONTINUE to SIMPLIFY your life, RELEASE unwanted possessions and REDUCE things that cause you stress. -- 2 sold another item on the bay. Took another large bag of items to CS - added another 5 items in this morning to fill it up first :)
    DONATE - see above
    BE GRATEFUL - flebay sale, reduced orange Bahlsen biscuits (YS - yum), getting rid of more things (the things I added to the CS bag were in my to-sell pile but I changed my mind)

90 Days
    What can you do to get closer to living the life you have always wanted?- getting rid of more stuff, getting jobs done (although today's was more about my Nan's house), looking at a secondary school with DS3

Still on NSD 3
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 278 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Positives this week have kept under grocery budget, donated to charity (time, materials and money), met up with friends and family and 4 NSDs.

Negatives the washing machine is beyond economical repair so have ordered a replacement ( bye bye EF) and am watching the laundry basket bulge/overflow until it arrives.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    A spend day today as got my hair cut, ordered some vitamins and scales online and also got a few groceries.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10802.94/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1550.15/£2000 (77.5% saved).
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all:j

Not an NSD today as shopping day before visit to CS so still 4/15 NSDs

Usual stint in CS but felt really tired after standing & sorting all that time, back home, quick lunch, from stores, then time for visit from friend.

Bit of clearing done last night but no time today, will do some before bed as per usual.

Was going to make meal for tonight but in the end had leftovers from yesterday including pudding, all went down well & no waste.

Posted off sales parcel & received parcel with rug I bought in, nice lady refunded 61p in postage charges as it didn't cost as much as she had quoted, how kind. In return I sent her a pic of the puss cat stretched out on it as soon as I put it down, he almost fills it, not sure when he is going to stop growing tbh.

Hoping for a less exciting day tomorrow - so I can get on with some stuff here, you never know it may be.

Took a couple of items to CS but did bring a few books back. Will sort out some to return next week.

Grateful for: lovely Autumn day bright & breezy, visit from friend & lots of chat, finishing some of the charity socks I'm knitting, easy meals, ridiculous cat.

popping in to say hi: Hello turtles!!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sometimes we think that 'self-love' is selfish. here are a few reasons why it's essential and underpins every aspect of your life. Not my wording so some of the language may be unfamiliar

TYPES OF SELF-CARE
    Physical
    Sleep Stretching Walking Physical release Yoga Rest
    Healthy Food
    Emotional
    Stress Management Emotional Maturity Forgiveness Kindness Compassion
    Social
    Boundaries Support Systems Positive Social Media Ask for Help Communication Time Together
    Spiritual
    Time Alone Meditation Yoga Connection Nature Write it Down Sacred Space (safe space, happy place, own space)
    Personal
    Hobbies Knowing Yourself Personal Identity Honouring Your True Self (being true to yourself)
    Space
    Safety Healthy Living Environment Security and Stability Organized Space
    Financial
    Saving Budgeting Money Management Paying Bills Splurging (occasional treat)
    Work
    Time Management Work Boundaries Positive Workplace More Learning Break Time

Bits in brackets are mine - you may have your own interpretation

I don't think the therapist is supposed to say 'wow' that many times in a first session but there you go.

If I got rid of everything that didn't "spark joy" I'd be on the side of the road with my dog and the coffee maker.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Justforme
    Justforme Posts: 137 Forumite
    edited 9 October 2019 at 10:10AM
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the luck and good wishes tomorrow. IVA or not a plan will be put in place and we will finally face up to our debts like adults not ostriches..

Day 6/20 NSD up until now so going ok, diet is out of window this week I knew I was kidding myself last week saying I wouldn't eat my worries but one more day will have to do then I will restart afresh.. Coffee is my friend, but one of the changes this month has been to swapping to decaf after 6 and it has made a huge difference, DH is on board too he has fibro so his sleep pattern is all to pot so hoping this may help once our worries are eased( thinking positive).. Could do with an affirmation here :D..

All lunches all round have been from home and will be rest of week, no extra trips to corner shop whatsoever yet this week and don't see one needed soon as have bread and milk in freezer, so that is a definite improvement.

Work, slim world and home for a shower jamas and a cosy night in on the cards and very welcome.. After school clubs and bowling leagues keep us all very busy up until Thursday when my DS is shattered. Catch up on Walking D and Bake off I think.

Also just dropped out of a Xmas lunch with a group that Husband or I really didn't want to go too mid Dec, it would have cost us £70 plus and would have to have left early for work commitments so thought lets bite the bullet early and start as we mean to go on.
    NST October #24.
    NSD 16/20
    £125/£150 Family Budget..
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I may not be posting them here, but I am posting my gratitudes on my debt free diary instead, so I am doing them :D

I was very brave this morning and finally grabbed the daddy long legs that keeps flapping around in my car and got it out of the car, not bad for someone with a fear of anything even vaguely creepy crawly :rotfl:

NSD 3 today at last, nothing to do or buy today, thank god.

I think I have just accepted that my weight/body shape is not going to change before holiday next Sunday, mostly as I have not been trying very hard :rotfl: which is a shame as I lost a lot of weight and toned up quite well after my last holiday, I just need to push myself back into the routine, but that's a bit pointless now with just over one week to go.

I have made a commitment to myself today to make sure I do the little things that will make my life better/make me feel better, much of which is based around self-care or appearance e.g. I can stop myself feeling down when I look in the mirror and look scruffy if I take the time to get ready properly in the morning, I can feel more glam if I convince myself to put together nicer outfits, it's like I hold myself back sometimes - but no more! Life is too short :)
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Today is NSD6, did an extra, extra shift at fb. Lots of harvest festival stuff coming in, a lot of it is ood and lots of it is just weird (how many packets of marshmallows??).

The whole idea of tea and a book on the sofa crashed and burned yesterday, I ended up cleaning the back room and moving 5 bikes out to the outhouse/shed. Then the shoe store had a blitz. Then the pantry was organized. Then it was all hoovered, I am so rubbish at relaxing during the day. House looks good though. No laundry to be done. Might even get round to washing the kitchen floor tomorrow. Anarchy!!
    Going to run down the fridge before half term when we are all away for a few days in Hope Valley and then I am taking the smallest 2 or 3 away to look at the sea in the rain for another few days. Maybe study coastal erosion. Everything is a learning opportunity, as long as you look at it from the right angle. Plus, it is not staying at home. I need to be away. Just to escape for a few days.

I will be taking my thermal mugs with me, and a good supply of hot choc powder, but I would like a dispensation to visit a coffee shop while we are away. I honestly cannot remember the last time I bought food or drink outside the house. I think it might have been 9 or 10 weeks ago in the summer holidays.

The IVA will at least give you an end date. With a fixed monthly amount going out, you will be able to budget, plan, and even save, without the added stress of worrying about interest and bailiffs and court proceedings. You will get there.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • mothernerd
    Options
    f0xh0les wrote: »
    Today is NSD6, did an extra, extra shift at fb. Lots of harvest festival stuff coming in, a lot of it is ood and lots of it is just weird (how many packets of marshmallows??).

The whole idea of tea and a book on the sofa crashed and burned yesterday, I ended up cleaning the back room and moving 5 bikes out to the outhouse/shed. Then the shoe store had a blitz. Then the pantry was organized. Then it was all hoovered, I am so rubbish at relaxing during the day. House looks good though. No laundry to be done. Might even get round to washing the kitchen floor tomorrow. Anarchy!!
    Going to run down the fridge before half term when we are all away for a few days in Hope Valley and then I am taking the smallest 2 or 3 away to look at the sea in the rain for another few days. Maybe study coastal erosion. Everything is a learning opportunity, as long as you look at it from the right angle. Plus, it is not staying at home. I need to be away. Just to escape for a few days.

I will be taking my thermal mugs with me, and a good supply of hot choc powder, but I would like a dispensation to visit a coffee shop while we are away. I honestly cannot remember the last time I bought food or drink outside the house. I think it might have been 9 or 10 weeks ago in the summer holidays.

The IVA will at least give you an end date. With a fixed monthly amount going out, you will be able to budget, plan, and even save, without the added stress of worrying about interest and bailiffs and court proceedings. You will get there.

1* If you need a change, please can you come and do my house.

2* Dispensation granted
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
  • mothernerd
    Options
    Still not 100% (about 5% - 10% actually) but I am moving.

Beloved was out of her room early on so had a quick dash in there to collect as many pots and cans an bottles for recycling. Took the recycling down and out, returned a library book and went to the cah machine. I had decided to be foolishly extravagant and pay someone to clean the oven but there were no ads (for oven cleaner persons) in the local paper and one look at my bank balance drove the idea right out of my head.

As I'd got that far I carried on to the £ emporium and spent £6.50 - oven cleaner, ibruprofen (none in stock all last week), another bag for life (it had a pug on it), ys bread rolls (to go with my pot of soft filling) and a bargain pack of mini rolls also fell into the pile.

Went to the pie shop for a pasty (I have some frozen but not sure I trust the oven until all the gunge is removed) and asked if it was ok for me to sit down for a while. Called in two cs on the way home and have bought a large box of wildflower seeds for 50p (instead of the beebombs which are nearly £8 I think).

Ate then another foray downstairs. Took the large heavy bag of pots (walked down the stairs backwards and put the bag down on every other step), asked DS3 to empty the dishwaser so I could fill it again.

Filled the washing machine then sat down again. Used a stick to drag things across the floor to me and squashed rubbish into a small bag. Emptied 3 large boxes that were on the couch and ripped them up (also brought the bins back).

Read the oven cleaner instructions, wrestled the under the oven drawer open (that's where all the good oven trays are hiding), dragged the plastic bag from outside (full of water again) and put it in front of the oven to protect the floor. Added paper from one of the boxes to help soak up the gunge, an empty bag to pick dollops of the soft gunge (had a quick scrape the other day when the oven was still hot), put the oven trays and the worst of the oven dishes in the oven cleaner bags, got DS3 to open the bottles (I can't do child proof containers), poured some in the bags and the rest on the oven bottom and the drawer.

Bags turned over and put in the yard. Supposed to recoat them in two hours but they may get turned over a few times (with the toe of my welly) and left overnight. I was a foul stinky beast so I've had a sit on the stool shower and will put my clean clothes on in a minute (put an old pair of jogging pants and one of DS3's old t-shirts on before going anywhere near the oven.

:A Can I ask that if you do decide you need a tree, decorations, jokey sweater or anything for spooky October, please, please, please check out your local charity shops first. YMCA had a selection of fully decorated trees for £7 - £8 plus a whole table of 'C' and All Hallowed's Eve decorations/ novelties etc (think some of the shops give them their unsold items) and Red Cross shop has gorgeous sugar skull bunting. The trees looked in superb condition .
    Advance notice YMCA had had a donation of loads of baking stuff (set of three hexagonal and three square cake tins for wedding cakes but also a lot of trays and tins). I hate non-stick trays and it's getting increasingly difficult to find proper ones. These were well used but cared for and I may go back at some point to get some (2lb loaf tin for starters). They were only putting them out and weren't priced up yet.

Today I am grateful for missing the two downpours (the charity shop visits were to dodge showers), getting things done despite being ill and having to sit down a lot and for chocolate and my bed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport