Nst october

Options

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Sunny day yesterday despite all weather forecasts saying heavy rain, was rather annoyed as we would have gone out walking for the day.

Have spent in the charity shops again this weekend but has been much less than usual, to balance it out I have had 2 ebay sales and listed some other things too.

DH is off work today and tomorrow and then away on a course, he is doing the school run and I am drinking coffee in my jammies. Plan to make dahl and flatbreads for tea today and have defrosted some hm spicy thai soup for lunch. It is raining just now so I have put cycling on hold and may run later, am hoping to pick some apples today for freezing and get some cleaning done.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Being an adult is mostly being exhausted, wishing you hadn't made plans and wondering how you hurt your back.

When you go out into the woods and look at trees, you see all these different trees. Some are bent, some are straight, some are evergreens, some are whatever. And you look at the tree and allow it. You see why it is the way it is. You understand that it didn't get enough light so it turned that way. You don't get all emotional about it, you just allow it. You appreciate the tree.

The moment you get near humans, you lose all that. You constantly say "You're too this" or "I'm too that". That judging mind comes in. So I practice turning people into trees. Which means appreciating them just the way they are.
    Ram Dass
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi guys,

what a busy weekend I've had, lovely day on Saturday shopping with friends , tried to keep to my shopping list & budget and got quite a lot sorted for Xmas ( doing it in bits as I can't afford it all in one go)

FoxH0les I know I'm a bit late to the conversation but I only do a chicken dinner with a few extra trimmings on Xmas day as the kids prefer it , followed by a pudding. They have the best day just sat in their pjs , eating chocolate & playing with toys.

Budget- Still set, need to be careful, some extra insurance has popped up on the house sale & Ive no savings and no idea how much it might cost,waiting to hear back.

Plan for the month- off to the metro on Friday for LOs 3rd Birthday, I have my vouchers at the ready.

Increase income- got a free note book from Paperchase on Saturday using my loyalty card,

Free activities- took the boys to collect conkers yesterday, we went on our bikes in the rain & splashed through puddles, and generally had a wonderful time.

Gratitude- grateful for- my friends and having such a lovely day on Saturday, for my son playing snakes & ladders with me all weekend and for my little one dressing up as superman for nursery. adorable!
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yesterday was a spend day as I went out for breakfast with family and also went to the supermarket. I went a lovely walk round the botanical gardens at the nearby university, it's somewhere that I've passed probably hundreds of times but never gone in.

Hoping for a NSD today, it's pretty miserable outside so probably won't be doing a great deal.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10802.94/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1550.15/£2000 (77.5% saved).
  • Justforme
    Justforme Posts: 137 Forumite
    Options
    Morning, number 24 finally checking in.

Wow this weekend has gone in a flash.
    Reading back through the weekends posts, it's lovely to see how diverse everyone's lives are but all aiming for similar things, peace of mind seems to be top of lots lists though. Mothernerd thank you so much for the info, for a newbie like myself it is priceless.

I am always one to jump in feet first and expected NO SPEND OCT to be literally that no spending but soon realised that is impossible and was making me so grouchy :cool: so am now aiming for £25 a week spends maximum but still 20 NSD... I really couldn't tell you where the weekend has gone, my middle son is staying at his girlfriends for the week so we have been just myself Dh and youngest. Tues-Fri were all NSD Saturday was a definite spend day, but all spends were on the list DS needed some new school shoes as didn't have new to go back in September as weren't needed, a few sweatshirts from sports d and fruit, toiletries and batteries from home bargs, plus he spent some of his money on bits and pieces he wanted. Sunday was not a NSD but all spent was from grocery challenge, counted and needed.
    Back in work again now so back on the straight and narrow.

Winter prep- Need to buy new Yak-trax haven't had new in years as don't think I used them more than a handful of times last year but they give me complete peace of mind, I refuse to go out in the ice it was a def phobia until I came across these it now doesn't bother me as long as I have these tucked in bag for getting to and from work. Need to get DS a small umbrella so it can get tucked into his school bag, and also 2 of the big umbrellas for £6 next time we are at shops. and have a tidy in gardens next dry day.

We have creditors meeting Thurs am for IVA so both have day off work although hubby has swapped his shift not to lose a holiday so will have a good home prep day as I am never ever home through the week, I know I won't be able to sit whatsoever until decision so going to put a list together of what needs doing and shine my shell so to speak. .....4/20 NSD
    NST October #24.
    NSD 16/20
    £125/£150 Family Budget..
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Morning all!
    School run completed with no shouting
    Did an emergency shift at volunteering place - no foodboxes available at all, so went in for 3 hours and did my bit. Will go back tonight.

Today will be NSD4
    Just going to clean the kitchen and drink tea today. Because I am worth it. Normal stressing will be resumed tomorrow, today my tank is empty.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    How wise f0xh0les. I phoned mum to give her the option of me going there and staying as far away from her as possible - was going to pin up the new curtains as I've bought them "too long" apparently - or staying at home with assorted lurgy germs (don't think I will be allowed my flu jab). She has plenty of food so said I should stay home.

Set off for the shop (more drinks, some cup-a-soups and asked Beloved if she wanted anything as she didn't sound well either - hers is a bad MH day ) but only got as far as the library. Took 3 back, was looking for something light and funny, ended up with the maximum allowed - several I've read before.

came back for my lunch. I was gifted some left over takeaway last night (noodles, lots of onion and a few peas in curry sauce) so I've added a few butter beans and shoved it in the microwave.

Will try getting to the shop again in a bit (promised beloved honey) but had to hold onto things in the library and have a little sit down. If i'm feeling really adventurous I may go to the pound emporium or HB in search of cheapo oven cleaner (not paying full price especially as I think I have some somewhere in the house.

Rest and a little gentle pottering for me.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Justforme wrote: »

We have creditors meeting Thurs am for IVA so both have day off work although hubby has swapped his shift not to lose a holiday so will have a good home prep day as I am never ever home through the week, I know I won't be able to sit whatsoever until decision so going to put a list together of what needs doing and shine my shell so to speak. .....4/20 NSD [/COLOR]

I just wanted to pop in and say good luck and I hope the meeting goes the way you want it to on Thursday. DH and I went through an IVA ourselves back in 2009 on the recommendation of Step Change. We were out of it a year later due to me being made redundant when I was about to go on mat leave and by giving the creditors my large-ish redundancy payment as final settlement. There is life at the end of the tunnel x
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

AUDIT your Cupboards, Fridge and Freezer - - - fridge and cupboards done. Freezer will be done
    Plan for the MONTH - - Got my 2 new tyres before the bad weather :T Still need to buy my nephew's 2nd bday present and have meal out with OH for his 50th next weekend. Half term -night away with smalls - have £50 A1rbnb credit.
    For the Next Ninety Days
    SET some goals.- have started on some of the house jobs

Plan for the Month
    You must PAY to YOUR DEBTS or SAVINGS FIRST - [/COLOR]flebay sale - rounded up money transferred to hol fund
    INCREASE your income if possible - 2 x pr0l1f1c surveys done and 1 x flebay sale
    REDUCE your outgoings - on a mission to use some things up leftovers for lunch. Used free RM survey stamps to post parcel (this is my 5th time of doing it - I still have some left from the 1st time.... I have loads and loads of them....)

This Month
    LOOK AFTER YOURSELF . - Having a break on here before going swimming with DS3

For the Next 90 Days
    Introduce ONE HABIT to improve your health - will aim for consistency with exercise and diet - Food ok-ish today. Easier day on the activity front
    Do something FOR YOU each day -read whilst waiting for tyres

This month
    Make a FROG LIST and do it- new tyres got :) Arranged bulky collection of some unwanted items of my nan's. Listed some more bits on flebay.
    CONTINUE to SIMPLIFY your life, RELEASE unwanted possessions and REDUCE things that cause you stress. -- 2 sold 1 item on the bay - listed 3. Tried to drop off bag of things for homeless collection but collection point no longer there :( Changed hiring van and taking things to tip to bulky collection - about the same cost but much quicker and house will now be empty for Est Ag visit
    DONATE - see above
    BE GRATEFUL - getting more stuff sorted, new tyres, flebay sale of a freebie

90 Days
    What can you do to get closer to living the life you have always wanted?- getting rid of more stuff, getting jobs done (today's was planting 2 more pots of Winter violas up).

Still on NSD 3
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Good evening!!!

In from work and totally cream-crackered... Clocked up another NSD.

Today = NSD number 5

Just a quick check in today. No enthusiasm to do any cooking this evening though I have the ingredients in the fridge. Good date on them though so will prob just have soup or something easy.

Early night for me!!!
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income