Nst october

Options

Comments

• sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hi all:j

Definitely not an NSD so still on 2/15. Bought a rug on FB secondhand that even with postage is less than half price. Also went out in the afternoon & called into HB where I stocked up on some things, including light bulbs etc. So very spendy..

In my defence I made HM soup for lunch & had YS pizza with jacket spuds & coleslaw, made welsh cakes after.

Have started sorting & inventorising - I know it's not even a word - anyhow with the larder. Got loads of jars etc from one shelf & need to chuck all the OOD stuff out. Sticky mess on shelves cleaned off.... TBC

Cat knocked off a vase filled with flowers, thankfully it wasn't an expensive one but a big mess to clear up.

Grateful for: persistence, my home, easy supper & DD staying at her own place..

I do think you are right dolly84 re our friend, he would just like to live in a society where we all help each other ...but I fear it won't happen.

Echo the sentiments re the helpful posts mothernerd, thank you!

Popping in to say hi: Hello turtles!!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I'm too old to worry about who liked me and who disliked me. I have more important things to do. If you love me , I love you. If you support me, I support you. If you hate me , I don't care. Life goes on with or without you

BE KIND TO YOURSELF
    You Are AWESOME
    Tell yourself nice things
    Accept your feelings (it's ok not to be ok)
    Stop trying to be perfect
    Eat healthy, ENJOY your food
    Don't compare yourself to others (or younger slimmer, prettier you)

HUGS Matter. One hug from the right person takes all your stress away.

HEALING
    Rediscover who you are (and what you want)
    Spend time on your hobbies
    Radical acceptance of your feelings
    Tell your story
    Let go of the past
    Practice self-care
    Take your time
    Develop positive coping skills
    Practice (self) forgiveness
    Cultivate the possitive in your life
    Create an emotional outlet
    Reach out
    Find your passion

If I were a plasctic surgeon .. I'd put a squeaky toy in every breast implant.

If you can't stand the mess Stay Out of the Craft Room
    And living room
    And you mightas well stay away from the kitchen table
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,905 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 5 October 2019 at 8:48AM
    Options
    sashanut wrote: »
    Have started sorting & inventorising - I know it's not even a word - anyhow with the larder.
    It is a word too! Just a special word, not used by many.

inventorise (third-person singular simple present inventorises, present participle inventorising, simple past and past participle inventorised)

Today I will spend some money. My shoes have a hole in the bottom. I am not that poor that I am willing to put up with this. It means I own 3 pairs of shoes (including wellies), and I am a girl, so that is supposed to mean something or other. I think it means I need to buy some shoes. I have little motivation for this though.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I dislike buying shoes - I have dropped arches, over-pronation, flare ups of both plantar fasciitis and Achilles tendonitis, several broken toes which now hurt if not given lots of room and a big toe nail which grows at a funny angle and id super thick (think it's called a ram's-horn nail) Sketchers with insoles are my friend - but not suitable for all occasions, sadly :( - although I did wear a proper floral 'frock' for DD's graduation with purple sketchers :D
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    ]HOUSE STARK
    AUDIT your Cupboards, Fridge and Freezer - - - fridge and cupboards done. Freezer will be done once I've finished processing all the bloomin' apples and pears, so I know just how much fruit there is in there! (I keep giving it away, but it was a bumper harvest!)
    Plan for the MONTH - - Finally ordered present for OH's 50th bday. Still need to buy my nephew's 2nd bday present and have meal out with OH next weekend. Half term -night away with smalls - have £50 A1rbnb credit. Still need 2 x new tyres for my car

House Lannister
    Plan for the Month
    You must PAY to YOUR DEBTS or SAVINGS FIRST - [/COLOR]rent in yesterday, so transferred most of it to BTL mtge as OP. Also made extra small payment form current account to get a round-figure balance :D
    INCREASE your income if possible - I have a small amount of work (5-6 hours) in Oct. - 1 pr0l1f1c survey yesterday. 2 flebay sales yesterday - funds transferred to hol fund.
    REDUCE your outgoings - on a mission to use some things up used £6 off voucher for Sainz and avoided Fri night takeaway.

House Martell
    This Month
    LOOK AFTER YOURSELF . - had a late afternoon nap - hit a wall (so to speak) and just needed to crash. Sore throat so am drinking hot squash (and hence the soup for dinner :D)

For the Next 90 Days
    Introduce ONE HABIT to improve your health - will aim for consistency with exercise and diet - Food ok today. Short walk.
    Do something FOR YOU each day - took the time for a catch up (no cost) with colleague/ friend for 45 mins

House Reed

This month
    Make a FROG LIST and do it- 2 more items listed on t'bay. Booked a hire van and a slot at recycling centre to take teh last bits of furniture (beds) from my Nan's next weekend
    CONTINUE to SIMPLIFY your life, RELEASE unwanted possessions and REDUCE things that cause you stress. -- 2 flebay sales. 2 more items listed on there
    BE GRATEFUL - nice unexpected catch up with someone, OH collecting DS2 from 6pm finish at school, having plans

90 Days
    What can you do to get closer to living the life you have always wanted?- getting rid of stuff (both the items sold and the (recycled) packaging), some housework and organising done to free up some time over weekend.

Still on NSD 2. Not sure if today will be - OH might buy some more stones for garden.
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Mothernerd - thank you for your amazing, insightful and very much appreciated posts. Whenever I read them I feel as though I can do this and I will get through it - and I get all motivated and raring to go. This will be my second Christmas being totally broke since the divorce and still not knowing what's going on. I need to remember that we had a great time last year in spite of limited funds.
    Can't seem to catch a nsd - which is completely bizarre considering that I have absolutely no money left this month... and more than a bit annoying as well. I cancelled a night out last night as I was skint but I'd also assumed that dd would babysit but she had made plans so I had a night in with ds and a pizza from Arseda to keep us entertained.
    Today has been productive but I spent on a couple of Christmas bits while I was out and about so not a nsd. Spent much of the day catching up with bestie which is excellent for the soul. So lots of little or planned spends.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for a good shower, for coffee, for a seat on a very busy train, for getting home for lunchtime, for a good trawl around the charity shops and some good items purchased, for time with dd and dh, for recorded rugby, for the episodes of WSM from the early 80s when Geoff Capes was winning it, for dh's hm chips.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening All!!!

So - was a spend day today as with the parents. They are getting on and look forward to our trips our... I know coffee shops are meant to be off the menu - but it's their favourite stop - and I go to the cafe in the supermarket which is cheaper than the branded coffee shops... Plus nectar points...!!! :A

Anyway - I took the opportunity to top up on some other cupboard items I forgot last time...

So - where do we stand on redeeming vouchers...? Say I spend £50 but redeem £20 of points... Does that mean I put down a £50 or a £30 spend that day??? I'm hoping it's the latter haha :D

I'm in now for the weekend so tomorrow will be a NSD. Just the gym which I pay for upfront.

Enjoy your Saturday evenings folks x
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    apple now you're talking, I actually watched when Geoff Capes was around - for younger turtles he was a policeman who was also part of our OLympic team.

abundant -yes you only spent £30 in actual money.

I slept well but have had a wave of tiredness wash over me at various points during the day. I'm listening to my body and have had a day of being kind and gentle to myself, lots of reading and resting with a little gentle pottering to try and push things on a bit.

I've done some sewing but only filling in bits not the compicaated bits, I've written a slightly strange 'to do' list - 2 things that bother me every time I see them (back of the front door which I only see when I'm going through it loaded up like a donkey), one thing that would be helpful, a pampering bit (was going to rub moisturiser all over but just scraped enough out of the end of a bottle of suncream to do my hands, feet , face and neck) etc.

Lunch was a bit of leftover rice, the remains of a pack of frozen defrosted peppers topped off with gorgeous lamb curry and a ys naan bought 2 weeks ago and put in the freezer. I ate it sitting outside in the yard. I was wearing my cuddly cardi and although the sky was broody it didn't rain and there was just a gentle breeze. Then I sat for 10 more minutes when I'd finished eating, looking at the tree that needs to be chopped down in my neighbour's 'garden' and looking around for what would make the greatest difference for the least effort.

I've binned the pizza box mountain, squashed down the greenery in the green bin so I can squeeze a bit more, scooped up oddments of greenery that didn't fit in the bin on Wednesday and brought up a pile of clean clothes (+ a towel, flannel, bandage) and asked DS3 to bring up my bed cover when he can.

It was definitely time to sit down on the bed again - the bending down sent my dizzy and stepping into the yard (it's only a 4" step) hurt.

I'm going to settle down now and have an early night. Today I am grateful for alfresco lunches, my bed and gentle pottering.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all:j

An NSD nabbed for me today as despite messages from DD asking what I was doing today (NOT shopping) I didn't go out & spend or purchase online. So now 3/15

Thanks for the special glossary foxholes - I have done no inventorising today though. Keep making progress albeit slowly, some in upstairs bedroom & some in living room, as chimney sweep due Monday. When I mentioned to DD that the chimney sweep was coming, she asked what century was I born in?? The cheek!

Lunch was from stores & supper likewise. Did extra rice so tomorrows meal taken care of, other than pudding. Also need to make more soup, all gone now, very popular. DD also brought over some mince, well vegetable mince so will make a chilli with that for the day after.

Was able to go out into garden for an hour or so, to me essential for my MH, Did quite a lot of pruning & then a little in the greenhouse, delighted to see that the cuttings I took from my expensive plant have taken (thank you for the tip Mr Don) & I have 3 'free' plants.

Tomorrow will make effort to find out some items to sell on FB selling pages, still sorting through the boxes that DH plastic containerised in August. Foxholes, they are full of shoes of all kinds. Sadly not all in pairs, so I have a bag of singles atm. Can't store them away like that so will have to wait for their other halves to emerge.

Grateful for tasty soup, time in the garden, lovely dogs.

Popping in to say hi: Hello Turtles!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure