Nst october

Options

Comments

• dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Had a nice day with DH today and have managed to buy three presents to put away. I also bought some lovely things in the charity shops but all were very cheap.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for a glorious sunrise, for dd quite enjoying school, for a good day at work, for nibbling away at some frogs, for dh clearing so much gubbins away so that the window men have a chance of reaching the windows tomorrow and changing them for ones that are neither draughty not full of condensation, for there still being so much greenery around the place, for good books to read, for finding an extra 85% small choc bar in my bag when at work.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    NSD 3/15 today :). Managed a quick walk round the park and have eaten fairly healthily.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10802.94/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1550.15/£2000 (77.5% saved).
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all:j

Rubbish nights sleep, also had to get up to remove last few bits for sweeps visit so was woken from a (finally) heavy sleep by the alarm, ugh.

Aforementioned sweep was coming 9-12, of course he arrived at 11.50....he was the most ancient man, really could believe he's been in the business for more than 50 years. He got all his equipment out of the car & into the house, then promptly dropped his keys in the boot & locked the car... he had then to ring the car assistance he was with as he had no spares at home. He had also locked his glasses in the car, luckily he had his (very basic, small) mobile phone with him but could not read the screen - oh & his hearing was bad also. Had to help him to make his calls & read the ensuing texts in reply, took him about 6 attempts to give them our postcode. Finally he got on with the chimneys but was with us until he was rescued by the car assistance people.... When he finished he proudly showed me a small laminated photo of....his favourite vintage car:rotfl: You couldn't make it up.

Not an NSD today as had to pay the chimney sweep..... so still 4/15. when he finally left we had late lunch, all from stores. Had made supper whilst he was getting his work done so was able to have a nap in the afternoon, sorely needed. Supper was all from stores.

No gardening done today or clearing done yet but will get a bit done before sleep, CS day tomorrow so I need to be in bed earlier than normal. DD on nights so will be coming in as I am getting up.

Grateful for: lovely robin that was perched so close to me yesterday, beautiful sky in the evening as I was making the meal, the luxury of being able to rest this afternoon.

Popping to say hi: Hello turtles!!

Grateful
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    sashanut - oh dear, what a carry on.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Healthy Habits Week

Affirmations for Weight Loss
    I'm slim, healthy and strong
    I eat what I want , when I want and stop when I feel full
    I am nourishing my body with fresh foods and water
    I enjoy my food and eat mindfully
    I enjoy finding ways to get more active
    I love moving my body and getting more active now
    I listen to what my body needs with love
    I love and accept myself now
    Every day I move closer to my ideal weight
    I eat everything mindfully and slowly and I enjoy every bite

Sometimes you feel no-one's there for you, but you know who's always there for you?
    LAUNDRY
    Laundry's will always be there for you
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • mothernerd
    Options
    Just in case you think I'm some sort of paragon, I'm struggling with most of the 'affirmations' right now. I'm using them as goals or aspirations.

I can't do affirmations, I feel a total prat saying them out loud. Although I do talk to myself when I'm doing anything difficult such as garden stuff (or just getting myself to stand up and walk to the bathroom some days).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Today will be NSD5

Today I ache after moving all that stuff yesterday.
    Now I am going to move a little bit of furniture and then drink tea on the sofa with a book - then the book will go to the c/s bag, so really I am busy recycling. All the laundry has been done. My black net curtains are up in the bedroom now and look fab. Talked to dh about painting the living room teal(ish) and talked about plans for new curtains. 'Spent' £4 in Wilk0s on candles, that wire string stuff that holds net curtains up, and 2 bags of cough sweets, but it all came out of the RM survey vouchers. So no real money spent at all and I get to indulge my evening pyromania.

3 school days left.

Right, this furniture won't shift itself.....
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • mothernerd
    Options
    Dragged myself downstairs, asked DS3 if he could deal with the food order that was due. No, so settled on the couch to wait. Beloved came down, food came, we all put it away - after saying he couldn't do it DS3 took all the bags from the driver and carried them through to the kitchen in one go.

Freezer is now full, mainly veg and bread (some part baked rolls). Lots of tempting things on the website but they would only eat them all when I wasn't looking. Pretty sure the veg is safe.

Wnt to get mum's shopping and was waiting for my taxi when mum phoned me to say the pills we ordered last monday had not arrived and she was 2 short from this mornings dose.

Phoned the taxi firm, changed from going to mum's to going to the infirmary (health centre and doctor's surgery are all in one building and on the same site). Grabbed a wheelchair at the entrance to push around the 2 heavy bags of shopping plus rucksack and a small bag.

Collected my prescription, mum's had been sent to the pharmacy on the 1st October, so no reason they couldn't have sent it today (it doesn't go in the blister pack, just in a seperate bag).

Had my prescription filled then went in the little cafe for soup and a roll (decided mum was paying as it was way past lunchtime and I'd only had half a sandwich), then phoned for another taxi. Unloaded my bags next to a bollard and took the wheelchair back inside whilst my eyes never left my bags. Taxi arrived.

Mum was waiting on the doorstep with a £10 note and asked if the driver would wait for me. Insisted on going in the house and sitting down. Phoned the pharmacy and they will put the pills on th evan for delivery tomorrow. Took out the pill cutter i bought whilst waiting for my prescription to be made up. Cut one 5mg tablet into 2 rough halves (deliberately). Gave mum the small bit to make up this mornings dose and put the larger 'half' on the drawers to make up tomorrow's dose (on 8.5 mg so 9 today (5 + 4 x 1mg) and 8 tomorrow (5mg + 3). We are slowly reducing the dose so a slight variation shouldn't upset things.
    Mum again tried to tell me I could go home but I've sat down, had a drink and some fruit, put away the shopping I'd bought and then phoned for a taxi.

Put mum's bins out and mine. Now back to sitting up in bed and no more plans for today. I am absolutely exhausted. Oh and I saw the SWMS receptionist and he's going to send me another appointment out for in about four weeks (I had agreed to one next week but it was because I was a bit flustered last week, this is better timing).

Can we have a big turtle hug for any turtles who are struggling and a big cheer for those who are well. Good luck with the IVA meeting with creditors tomorrow.

Today I am grateful for lovely weather. I was bothered that I was wasting the day but no energy left for painting , gardening or climbing steps so I just sat for ten minutes after putting the bins out. The sun was nearly round the side of the end house, lots of green to look at, the yard is looking tidier and it was lovely, warm enough, no rain, gentlest of breezes, green leaves and some bare branches.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for mild weather, for a strong moon, for swimming with dd, for fresh bed linen, for the windowmen doing their job so cleanly and swiftly, for dh putting the curtains back up so we have some privacy, for dark chocolate, for good books.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure