Flight delay compensation, all other EU airlines

Options

Comments

• mrcb87
    Options
    Hi JPears,

Sorry for the delay. Looking on FlightAware (Flight EI0147 on 16th Aug), the flight landed 3 hours and 6 minutes after schedule, and took 14 minutes to taxi to the gate - Total delay of 3 hours 20 minutes.

Could I use this data in my case to Aer Lingus?

I have screenshots of all of this from FlightAware - Unfortunately my friend does not know which gate he arrived at, only that he landed at Terminal 3 in SFO.

With the above in mind, how should I proceed to action this with Aer Lingus? Thanks in advance for your help.
  • Lou2005
    Options
    Hello,
    I am after a bit of advice regarding a delay of over 7.5 hours from Gatwick to Barcelona with vueling on 20th July. I submitted my claim (for ourselves and our 3 children) and have received a reply saying they do not owe us any compensation as the delay was due to “air traffic congestion” they cited this as an extraordinary circumstance
    On the day of the flight I actually received an email from them saying the delay was due to technical reasons. The flight was late leaving Barcelona to be turned around, there were however no other delays on that day with several vueling flights from Gatwick to Barcelona and vice Versa. Ours was the only one delayed. A member of staff at the airport told us there was a technical fault with the plane found in Barcelona which is why It was late leaving. Furthermore, once we finally got on the aircraft we sat on the runway for over an hour and a half due to a discrepancy on the passenger manefesto. The flight crew went up and down the aircraft at least 10 times counting us all before finally going along with a “register” ticking us all off to try and identify the extra passenger!! This then added to the delay.
    This is why I do not buy the excuse of “air traffic congestion” so I wish to pursue it further. Do you think I have a case? Also do I reply myself to the airline or should I go straight to someone like bottonline. If I reply and still don’t get anywhere, am I still able to use a claims company to pursue my case?
    I’d really appreciate any advice
    Many thanks.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Lou2005,

From the information you have already supplied it does sound like a valid claim. The fact that they changed their reason from tec to air traffic congestion adds to my belief.

Bott & Co are the go to solicitors if you don't want to DIY but I would have a go first. Check if they are members of an ADR scheme, they don't appear on the CAA list, so I'm not sure.

Download Vaubans guide, details below here, and have a read.

You can always use MCOL or Botts when you become deadlocked with Vueling.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Lou2005
    Options
    Many thanks for your reply tyzap. I am definitely inclined to have a go at taking them on. I was just a bit concerned that if I start replying to vueling threatening legal action that the claims companies would then not be able to take me on after that.
    It just angers me as the service we got on the day was shocking. No apology whatsoever. Arriving after mignight with 3 very tired children and losing a day of the holiday. The captain actually came out of the cockpit to speak to us and preceded to have a go at everyone for moaning as he was also feeling tired and annoyed his shift had gone on way longer than it should have!! Bloomin cheek!
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Lou2005 wrote: »
    Many thanks for your reply tyzap. I am definitely inclined to have a go at taking them on. I was just a bit concerned that if I start replying to vueling threatening legal action that the claims companies would then not be able to take me on after that.
    It just angers me as the service we got on the day was shocking. No apology whatsoever. Arriving after mignight with 3 very tired children and losing a day of the holiday. The captain actually came out of the cockpit to speak to us and preceded to have a go at everyone for moaning as he was also feeling tired and annoyed his shift had gone on way longer than it should have!! Bloomin cheek!

You're never alone on this forum, plenty of help when you need it.

The only area to be wary of is enlisting the help of a NWNF claims company and then trying to DIY or take it back out of their hands. There have been some very messy situations arise due to this. Only use a good quality solicitor as mentioned above, if you do want to hand it over.

Good luck.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The flight distance is 1110 kilometers so it will be 250euro x5
  • Cutiepie71
    Options
    Trying to claim flights delayed compensation from Ernest Airlines. Emailed them a week ago and have heard nothing from them. Any advice on what I do next ?
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    1st put your flight details into bottonline and euclaim and see what they say.
  • carlitrowell
    Options
    I have applied for compensation from Whizz Air and after I escalated my case a couple of days ago, they sent me the below. Do I have to do this or can I continue my case through Resolver? I feel like they might just have me going round in circles. If I do need to approach it the way they have suggested, is there a standard wording / approach that I should take? Thanks so much for any advice offered.

Dear Sender,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please be advised that in order for your request to be reviewed you need to submit a claim on our website (wizzair.com) by logging in with your Wizz account (if you do not possess a Wizz account you must create one) and navigate to the section for complaint submission. You can do that by clicking on the information window in the top right of the screen after which go to "Contact Us" option, then select the "complaints" drop menu. After opening the drop menu on the top you will see the following text: "If you have any complaints, please submit a complaints form!", you need to click on the "complaints form!". (or you can use this link in order to skip directly to the submitting of your complaint after you have logged with your Wizz account -

Thank you in advance,
    WIZZ AIR
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,558 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I would just follow the process on their website https://wizzair.com/en-gb/information-and-services/prices-discounts/refunds-and-compensations#/
    I would assume this allows them to collate all the data based on a standard format (this will allow them to ascertain whether they have already paid out for that flight or whether EC applies)
    If you don't use that form I suspect your resolver case will be stuck at the bottom of a pile of manual requests (someone will likely have to key all your info into the correct format)...just provide the info they ask for
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback