Flight delay compensation, all other EU airlines

Options

Comments

• angelabell26
    Options
    Newbie who is a bit confused, lol!!

We were over an hour late leaving our British Airways flight from New York to London which meant we missed our connecting flight to Glasgow. We had to wait just under four hours to get on the next flight to Glasgow. Given no reason why the flight was late leaving. Are we entitled to claim? Thanks
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Was the flight from New York to Glasgow via London all on one ticket?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    NandoDave wrote: »
    Hello.

In March, my flight with BMI regional was cancelled. The person at the airport stated it was due to a technical fault. I believe that the aircraft was actually used for a different flight and they chose to cancel and underbooked service. The weather was perfect for flying and all other flights were running at the airport. I was rebooked for the following day.

I raised a Resolver complaint as soon as possible and have been through the various escalations until it sent an email to the CAA on 23rd May. I have received no response from either BMI or the CAA.

Having decided Resolver was a lost cause, and BMI were probably just ignoring anything that comes from it, I went to send a query via the BMI website to them to ask for the compensation. Unfortunately I didn't see that there was a template for a letter on here until I had clicked send.

I just received an email auto-responder saying they are "working to a timeframe of 60 days for a reply".

Is there a quicker method of contact for BMI regional? Or do I just dig in for the long haul?

Dave
    Quicker method? Yes, 60 days is unacceptable. Legally they should pay you within 28days. So send another email or even snail mail letter marked as an NBA.
    Download Vaubans superb guide.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • LouisaCase
    Options
    I wonder if anyone can tell me where I stand with my new claim for delayed flights.

On 20th July 2018, we was scheduled to fly from Manchester airport to A Coruna, stopping off in Barcelona and picking up a connecting flight. Our flight from Manchester to Barcelona was delayed due to "technical reasons" and we arrived in Barcelona 3 hours and 40 minutes later than scheduled. This delay meant that we missed our connecting flight to A Coruna. Vueling put us on the next available flight, the following morning, so we actually arrived at our destination 13 and half hours later than we should have done.

My question is; as the flights were booked as one trip under the same booking number, was we delayed for 13 and half hours or do they only take the first flight into account?
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Assuming both flights were Giving, booked through them as a single transaction then the whole time delay and total distance is taken into account for compensation.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • LouisaCase
    Options
    Great - thanks, that's what I thought.
    We started the compensation claim the other day, I just wanted to be armed with information!
  • Jakeykinns
    Options
    Good afternoon,

I flew with Titan Airways back in May and was successfully awarded compensation for a delayed flight.

My issue comes with regards as to who is owed the compensation as I did not book the ticket myself.

Legally who does the compensation belong to? and does the company that booked the tickets have the right to claim for compensation on behalf of other passengers in my party that also did not book their tickets.

Kind regards.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,548 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    the compensation is for the passenger that was affected by the delay...the airline will pay it to the passenger, whether they want to share it/give it to the person that paid for the tickets is up to them
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 9 August 2018 at 3:33PM
    Options
    Compensation is paid to the passenger, not the ticket payer. This has come up before where a company has paid for the ticket or a friend has paid for the ticket, makes NO DIFFERENCE IT IS THE PASSENGER(S) who gets the compensation as they were the one who was inconvenienced.
  • Jakeykinns
    Options
    Many thanks for such a quick response.

So, for example, others in my party had not applied for compensation. Is the company that booked our tickets legally allowed to claim for them and keep the money themselves?

Kind regards
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure