Vodafone appearing on credit report

Options

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    nadhaw wrote: »
    Not true as they removed my husbands immediately when he raised a complaint with them a week before me. He had left Vodafone 3 months after me too and when I contacted them 6 months ago they said its not a problem, they will do it now and it will be gone within a month but yet again they have lied to me.

It may have moved from 'open' to 'closed' accounts - which is the right thing if the account(s) are closed and no longer being used.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • nadhaw
    nadhaw Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I think that's the misunderstanding. I left 2.5 years ago and have a letter with the account closure date. Yet on my credit score it is still an active account. My husband noticed same on his, phoned them and it was gone the following month. I rang a week later and 6 months on it's still there with no outstanding balance either way. When I spoke to them 6 months ago they said it would be dealt with and it would be fine or closed within a month and it's still active
  • nadhaw
    Options
    Nope, still active and open. According to the credit score company Vodafone last accessed it (don't ask me what for) end of September. I think it just says last activity 23/9/18.
    The thing I'm wanting to get changed is the fact that it's still open and active 2.5 years on!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Ok. So they just need to mark it as closed and backdate the closure date.

By last accessed it means the account was provided with an update on its status.

Ignore you credit score getting dragged down - it’s likely to drop again when they mark it as closed (as it’s a made up number that no one sees but you).
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I think that's the misunderstanding. I left 2.5 years ago and have a letter with the account closure date. Yet on my credit score it is still an active account. My husband noticed same on his, phoned them and it was gone the following month. I rang a week later and 6 months on it's still there with no outstanding balance either way. When I spoke to them 6 months ago they said it would be dealt with and it would be fine or closed within a month and it's still active
    Hopefully Lee (VF Rep) will be able to help you.

It stays on there for 6yrs from closure but NOT as an open account. It should be moved over to closed. After 6yrs is will drop off completely.

Take little notice of your score though- that's the CRAs opinion of you. Always check the data like you've done with VF.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • nadhaw
    Options
    Yes when I found this thread I hoped that he could help me. And that's all I want really it that account closed for good. Vodafone prior to me leaving 2.5 years ago put me through hell (got a payg deal offered, charged twice the amount then turned out the deal didn't exist and had to pay more, then started charging me random amounts extra that I had to query every month and every month no one knew why and what I was charged for). That's why I was so horrified to find the account still open 6 months ago and why I'm so desperate to see that account closed or gone.

Thank you for your advice re the credit score. If it wasn't for the previous bad experience with Vodafone I wouldn't be so worried and bothered about it.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,864 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    From experience with Equifax correcting these things is beyond their capability and they simply delete all trace of it !
  • obay
    obay Posts: 570 Forumite
    Options
    I left Vodafone and paid the last and final bill over 3 years ago, 3 months before I applied for my mortgage they defaulted me, it took me / the ombusman over 6 weeks to sort out, with Vodafone giving me back £100 as a good will gesture.

My argument was that I closed/paid off the account why would you default me? I will never return to Vodafone after this behaviour.
    [STRIKE]1/12/16 - £152,599.00 [/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]11/11/17 - £145,990.00 [/STRIKE] <> Overpaid £3916.
    11/11/18 - £142,074.00
    Barclays Car (5.99%)£0/£8,832.37
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 October 2018 at 10:25AM
    Options
    Apart from it still being shown as active and not closed but with £0 balance and it dragging my credit score down.

Don't worry about your score as only you can see it, lenders see your history.
  • nadhaw
    Options
    Well, they've just phoned me and they're very sorry and the account has been closed and will be gone within 30 days... Heard that already 6 months ago. We'll see. Got a case going on resolver now and emailed the ombudsman.... And suddenly they're trying to resolve the problem.. Worst company ever!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback