Forum Home» Credit File & Ratings

Vodafone appearing on credit report - Page 6

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Vodafone appearing on credit report

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
89 replies 11.6K views

Replies

• Ben8282Ben8282
    4.8K posts
    Newshound!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Weelisa wrote: »
    What is your issue I said 4 failed pments
    Even worse. Did you actually miss the payments? What happened then? Did you pay up? What is the current status of the account? Did Vodafone default it or have you been paying on time since with all recent payments up to date?
  • No I cancelled the contract, there was no outstanding balance on the account I transfered my number to another company the account is closed and vodafone had defaulted my account I paid my final bill cancelled my account transfered my number to another company
  • Ben8282Ben8282
    4.8K posts
    Newshound!
    ✭✭✭✭
    No I cancelled the contract, there was no outstanding balance on the account I transfered my number to another company the account is closed and vodafone had defaulted my account I paid my final bill cancelled my account transfered my number to another company
    Vodafone appear to have acted correctly. The default will remain on your credit files for 6 years from the date of default. Nothing to be done about it as you failed to pay on time. Hope you are paying more attention to your new account.
  • Are you reading my messages? I paid my final bill my account was up to date or they wouldn't have allowed me to cancel my contract they where also overbilling me they owed me money they said they would send via cheque to me which never happened
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Do you have proof of this?

You don’t get a final bill over the phone at the time of cancelling - you always get one at a later date.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • They have informed me it was an error on their behalf but they don't seem to be doing anything about in I just need someone from Vodafone to talk to its always the Indian call center I am talking to and they have no idea what I'm talking about
  • Nebulous2Nebulous2 Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have informed me it was an error on their behalf but they don't seem to be doing anything about in I just need someone from Vodafone to talk to its always the Indian call center I am talking to and they have no idea what I'm talking about

Have you sent them a formal complaint, in writing?

Do that first, then if you don’t get a satisfactory response report them to the regulator.
  • boo_starboo_star Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have informed me it was an error on their behalf but they don't seem to be doing anything about in I just need someone from Vodafone to talk to its always the Indian call center I am talking to and they have no idea what I'm talking about

Who told you it was an error?

Can you not speak to them to get this resolved instead of going via the call center?
  • Ben8282Ben8282
    4.8K posts
    Newshound!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am curious as to how four failed payments (whatever that means exactly) could be an error on their part? Could you clarify exactly what happened.
  • fizbofizbo Forumite
    6 posts
    Fourth Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    epm-84 wrote: »
    I cancelled my phone contract with Vodafone in October 2016, yet it's still showing as an active account on my credit report with no outstanding balance. Will this cause an issue and if so how would I go about fixing it?

I have just noticed the same thing - zero balance Vodafone account corresponding to a long-since cancelled contract on my credit report. I guess I should get this taken off. Part of me is reluctant to do anything as it seems benign at the moment and I fear making something worse in some way... OP if you are around, did you get this resolved successfully please?