Forum Home» Credit File & Ratings

Vodafone appearing on credit report - Page 7

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Vodafone appearing on credit report

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
89 replies 11.6K views

Replies

• [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    fizbo wrote: »
    I have just noticed the same thing - zero balance Vodafone account corresponding to a long-since cancelled contract on my credit report. I guess I should get this taken off. Part of me is reluctant to do anything as it seems benign at the moment and I fear making something worse in some way... OP if you are around, did you get this resolved successfully please?

In the opened accounts section or closed accounts?
  • fizbofizbo Forumite
    6 posts
    Fourth Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Under open accounts - seems to be "accessed" every month but zero
  • fizbofizbo Forumite
    6 posts
    Fourth Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    So I used the social contact form linked earlier in this thread to message Vodafone about this, and I've not hear anything back from them yet but received a customer survey: 'Following your recent email to our contact centre, we'd like to invite you to answer our 4 question survey regarding the service you received.'

Not sure how to react to this haha :P I guess I'll give them a bit longer to reply to me before filling out the survey...
  • Hi,

How do i get rid of Vodafone off my credit report, iv written to them more than once, i have a zero balance, as far as im concerned iv not done business with them for more than 8 years! Can I take then to court ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Chris.HD wrote: »
    Hi,

How do i get rid of Vodafone off my credit report, iv written to them more than once, i have a zero balance, as far as im concerned iv not done business with them for more than 8 years! Can I take then to court ?

LOL no you can’t take them to court :rotfl:
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • Nebulous2Nebulous2 Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chris.HD wrote: »
    Hi,

Make a formal complaint in writing, then if it isn’t resolved you can report them to the Information Commissioners Office (ICO)
  • block10block10 Forumite
    172 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    Im having the same issue with vodafone - an old account from 2017 still appears on my experian report as an "active account". Wonder if it will cause me any issues in returning to vodafone
  • xlnc99xlnc99 Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Im in the same boat. It appears VODA do this to everyone who leaves.

However, i personally have left it alone and have not complained to VODA. i prefer them marking me with green ticks every month. I for one do not understand why people on this thread think that having an open account with green ticks for a long period of time is going to cause harm on your credit file, it will do the exact opposite. Eventually i will get it closed down, but as for now - happy to let it remain.
  • epm-84epm-84 Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    xlnc99 said:
    However, i personally have left it alone and have not complained to VODA. i prefer them marking me with green ticks every month. I for one do not understand why people on this thread think that having an open account with green ticks for a long period of time is going to cause harm on your credit file, it will do the exact opposite. Eventually i will get it closed down, but as for now - happy to let it remain.
    Aren't too many open credit accounts seen as a bad thing if you're applying for a mortgage? 
  • jimroyjimroy Forumite
    76 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Name Dropper
    epm-84 said:
    xlnc99 said:
    Aren't too many open credit accounts seen as a bad thing if you're applying for a mortgage? 
    I don't think so, as long as the balance is zero and there is no available credit involved it won't make an impact. What will make an impact, and in a positive way, is the impact on the average length of your open accounts. If you have an average of a minimum of six years it has a positive impact on your credit. I got that from the notes and tips from MSE's credit club.
    I still have Vodafone showing on my report under Multiple Communications Accounts (probably due to having both mobile and broadband with them) and I left them in October last year. I thought since they didn't auto cancel my direct debit with them that's why I still have an active account with them that they report on. And that come 13 months later when my bank auto cancels it due to inactivity, they would then fully close said inactive account and stop reporting it. But having read @block10 's post above maybe that won't be the case after all.