Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • epm-84
    • By epm-84 5th Feb 18, 10:23 AM
    • 1,425Posts
    • 4,355Thanks
    epm-84
    Vodafone appearing on credit report
    • 5th Feb 18, 10:23 AM
    Vodafone appearing on credit report 5th Feb 18 at 10:23 AM
    I cancelled my phone contract with Vodafone in October 2016, yet it's still showing as an active account on my credit report with no outstanding balance. Will this cause an issue and if so how would I go about fixing it?
Page 3
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 13th Aug 19, 3:10 PM
    • 7,282 Posts
    • 4,845 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    Bumping this as same has happened to me with a Broadband account. Have just sent a message though the form. You there Lee?
    Originally posted by Major_Disaster
    What happened with your BB account?
    • Major_Disaster
    • By Major_Disaster 13th Aug 19, 3:29 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Major_Disaster
    My original order was screwed up, so ended up having to place it again. After leaving in March I still have two Vodafone accounts showing on my credit report...
    • Droberts
    • By Droberts 16th Sep 19, 10:38 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Droberts
    Vodafone appearing on credit rep
    Hi All

Same issue. Vodafone appearing on credit report as active credit years after cancelling. Have reported via Lee's link but not much hope of resolution given how many months (13!) it took to get them to let me leave my contract!

Cheers

David
    • Ayresome Boro
    • By Ayresome Boro 20th Sep 19, 12:39 AM
    • 5 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Ayresome Boro
    Hi,

I want to apply for a mortgage and have noticed my old Vodafone account (from around 4 years ago) is still showing up on my Credit Score!

It is showing £0 but was updated as recently as August 2019. I never missed a payment and I left them officially, or so I thought, when my contract ran over it’s agreed length into a rolling contract.

After saving for so long I really don’t want this to delay any mortgage applications.

Cheers.
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 20th Sep 19, 3:26 AM
    • 3,035 Posts
    • 2,372 Thanks
    boo_star
    Hi,

I want to apply for a mortgage and have noticed my old Vodafone account (from around 4 years ago) is still showing up on my Credit Score!

It is showing £0 but was updated as recently as August 2019. I never missed a payment and I left them officially, or so I thought, when my contract ran over itís agreed length into a rolling contract.

After saving for so long I really donít want this to delay any mortgage applications.

Cheers.
    Originally posted by Ayresome Boro
    It won't. Stop worrying.
    • Weelisa
    • By Weelisa 12th Nov 19, 8:41 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Weelisa
    Credit score
    Hi I have been contacting Vodafone for the last few weeks now as I have looked at getting credit my score has went from excellent to poor because Vodafone has put a black mark on my credit which is really frustrating as I have been on the fone, live chat and nothing has been done the call centre in India is rediculous they just don't have any idea of what I'm talking about I need help to get this rectified

Lisa
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 12th Nov 19, 8:44 PM
    • 4,763 Posts
    • 2,637 Thanks
    Ben8282
    Hi I have been contacting Vodafone for the last few weeks now as I have looked at getting credit my score has went from excellent to poor because Vodafone has put a black mark on my credit which is really frustrating as I have been on the fone, live chat and nothing has been done the call centre in India is rediculous they just don't have any idea of what I'm talking about I need help to get this rectified

Lisa
    Originally posted by Weelisa
    Would it not have been better to start a new thread to discuss your problem?
    What 'black mark' have Vodafone put on your credit report and why?
    Excellent to poor because of one black mark ..... ?
    • Weelisa
    • By Weelisa 12th Nov 19, 8:48 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Weelisa
    Srry I am just new on the site so not got to grips with it yet 4 failed pment in Feb 2018
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 12th Nov 19, 8:49 PM
    • 7,282 Posts
    • 4,845 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    So did you miss the payment?

If so then the marker is correct.
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 12th Nov 19, 8:50 PM
    • 4,763 Posts
    • 2,637 Thanks
    Ben8282
    Srry I am just new on the site so not got to grips with it yet 4 failed pment in Feb 2018
    ONE late payment almost 2 years ago has caused your credit score to go from excellent to poor?
    So did you actually miss the payment? If yes, there is nothing to rectify.
    • Weelisa
    • By Weelisa 12th Nov 19, 8:51 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Weelisa
    What is your issue I said 4 failed pments
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 12th Nov 19, 8:53 PM
    • 4,763 Posts
    • 2,637 Thanks
    Ben8282
    What is your issue I said 4 failed pments
    Even worse. Did you actually miss the payments? What happened then? Did you pay up? What is the current status of the account? Did Vodafone default it or have you been paying on time since with all recent payments up to date?
    • Weelisa
    • By Weelisa 12th Nov 19, 8:57 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Weelisa
    No I cancelled the contract, there was no outstanding balance on the account I transfered my number to another company the account is closed and vodafone had defaulted my account I paid my final bill cancelled my account transfered my number to another company
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 12th Nov 19, 8:59 PM
    • 4,763 Posts
    • 2,637 Thanks
    Ben8282
    No I cancelled the contract, there was no outstanding balance on the account I transfered my number to another company the account is closed and vodafone had defaulted my account I paid my final bill cancelled my account transfered my number to another company
    Vodafone appear to have acted correctly. The default will remain on your credit files for 6 years from the date of default. Nothing to be done about it as you failed to pay on time. Hope you are paying more attention to your new account.
    • Weelisa
    • By Weelisa 12th Nov 19, 9:04 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Weelisa
    Are you reading my messages? I paid my final bill my account was up to date or they wouldn't have allowed me to cancel my contract they where also overbilling me they owed me money they said they would send via cheque to me which never happened
    • Gary_Dexter
    • By Gary_Dexter 12th Nov 19, 9:15 PM
    • 7,282 Posts
    • 4,845 Thanks
    Gary_Dexter
    Do you have proof of this?

You don’t get a final bill over the phone at the time of cancelling - you always get one at a later date.
    • Weelisa
    • By Weelisa 12th Nov 19, 9:18 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Weelisa
    They have informed me it was an error on their behalf but they don't seem to be doing anything about in I just need someone from Vodafone to talk to its always the Indian call center I am talking to and they have no idea what I'm talking about
    • Nebulous2
    • By Nebulous2 12th Nov 19, 9:42 PM
    • 2,622 Posts
    • 1,764 Thanks
    Nebulous2
    They have informed me it was an error on their behalf but they don't seem to be doing anything about in I just need someone from Vodafone to talk to its always the Indian call center I am talking to and they have no idea what I'm talking about
    Have you sent them a formal complaint, in writing?

Do that first, then if you donít get a satisfactory response report them to the regulator.
    • boo_star
    • By boo_star 12th Nov 19, 9:52 PM
    • 3,035 Posts
    • 2,372 Thanks
    boo_star
    Who told you it was an error?

Can you not speak to them to get this resolved instead of going via the call center?
    • Ben8282
    • By Ben8282 12th Nov 19, 9:54 PM
    • 4,763 Posts
    • 2,637 Thanks
    Ben8282
    Am curious as to how four failed payments (whatever that means exactly) could be an error on their part? Could you clarify exactly what happened.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

936Posts Today

7,678Users online

Martin's Twitter