We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Lose weight in '26 with Slimming World & SWIP's.
Comments
-
Hi all,
Well done on the loss @milann and kudos to you for not turning to alcohol or chocolate due to legal house move stresses. I hope things progress smoothly from now on x
Great to hear you had a good time with friends @Jellybaby x I never buy fishcakes for that exact reason!
I had an OP appointment this morning (referred in October!) as I had an issue with my ear. All seems fine according to the lovely polite and very smiley consultant, so I'm very pleased.
We moved out of our bedroom yesterday into the dining room, so lots of body magic. Now for the demolition of gross fitted wardrobes and nasty carpet. DH is home early so may do some today but we are also on watering duty at the allotment tonight.
Food today:
B - banana, apple - free, S
L - seafood sticks, HM potato salad, rocket, radish, tomato, cucumber, pepper, carrot, balsamic vinegar, hi fi bar - free, 0.5, S, fibre
D - gammon steak, fried egg, HM chips, baked beans - P, free
Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)0 -
Well done on the losses and - woohoo, another target member. Well done @Glad
I gained 0.2kg this morning. So I’m just into the top half of my range now. Time to knuckle down!
Breakfast iwas fruit n yog (3)
Lunch ryvita and cottage cheese
Dinner chicken, new pots and salad
Nothing else to report I’m afraid, just endless rounds of work, washing and other domestic duties.
Keep going everyone xx
0 -
Afternoon all 😁
Bloody hot 😂 33 here again today!
Thanks Maman, i worked my !!!!!! off last week not to have a big gain after what i had eaten 🤣
Jelly i have never had those fishcakes but we popped Lidl as needed yoghurt, yet more salad and fruit wasn't even 2 shopping bags and was £30.33!! DH goes god , don't look much there for that, no meat, frozen, eggs, prices are getting stupid 😂 Will be going CS again this week as meeting my friend Weds but don't have much room in the freezer as its not going down really as too hot to bloody cook much.
Lunch
Picky plate free,
Tea steak, salad and cheesey garlic mushrooms (i think)
Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:0 -
Well done on your loss @milann and well done too for staying on plan with all the upheaval around you. 👍
That's only a tiny gain @Matron_Midge but well done for staying vigilant.
It doesn't seem long since those fishcakes were 2 for £5 @Jellybaby . I only buy them as a very rare treat as our only Morrison's is miles away so I wouldn't make a special trip. I've been meaning to ask which granola do you prefer as I fancy something other than hot food. 🤔
It's been baking here too @bubbs .I know what you mean about ridiculous prices and it's set to get worse as the weather and other things will affect both home grown and overseas food. ☹️
It's a bit hot for DIY @Coxy11 but I'm sure the watering will be therapeutic.
We're having the chilli that was planned for Saturday as we weren't hungry enough so just ate bits and pieces.
Today's plan -
B- scrambled eggs on toast (P, fibre), milk for drinks (calcium)
L - ham (P), LO veg (F, S), pickles (S)
D - chilli and rice (P, S, F), cottage cheese (P)
Swips - maybe a square of chocolate? 🤔
0 -
Maman , i know prices will be crazy.
Tea, fibre, garlic bread, calcium cheesey garlic mushrooms on steak and salad, sat there sweating like a pig eating this 🤣🤣
Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:0 -
I like the new Quaker Oats granola with mango and passion fruit @maman or even the plain version but only buy when it’s on offer.
The roasted veg for dinner didn’t go as planned. The red onions, tomatoes and broccoli were all various degrees of blue and furry 🤮 all bought from the same shop so think it’s time to look elsewhere.
0 -
Thanks @Jellybaby , I'll give them a try.
Shame about the veg. I've had problems with broccoli going over quickly lately but not tomatoes or onions. ☹️
0 -
@Jellybaby I don't think fruit and veg lasts anywhere near as long as it used to! I often wonder how long it has been in transit before it even hits the shelf?
One of the shopping arcades in town has a unit that has been taken over as a community farm shop, it's walking distance as long as there isn't much to carry, lovely selection of local produce and it lasts really well, also not expensive compared to how food has gone up in supermarkets lately.I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.0 -
Hi all,
We’ve been to order our bedroom wardrobes and some bricks/paving so today has been very speedy so far. All progress though.
We harvested some goodies from the community allotment last night: 2 large courgettes, beetroot, carrots, french beans, a lettuce and some rainbow chard.That community farm shop sounds fab @Glad x
Food today:B - banana - free
L - AF bacon, tomatoes, toasted protein bagel thin, poached egg, baked beans - P, Fibre, S, free
D - meatballs, spaghetti, HM tomato sauce, green beans - P, free, S
Calcium - milk
Calcium - 3 babybel light
SWIPs - skinny bar 3.5
Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)0 -
You couldn't have fresher veg than harvesting yourself, straight from the ground @Coxy11 .😋
You're making good progress with the bedroom . Are you having fitted wardrobes?🤔(Excuse nosiness)
I did go out for a bit of a walk and coffee with friends this morning but otherwise still taking it slowly. It's cooler today and overcast but very sticky. Despite that, I had some soup with my lunch today. I just couldn't bring myself to throw away the stock from Sunday's gammon so made some lentil soup mostly for the freezer.
Today's plan-
B- bacon, eggs, baked beans, toast (P,F, fibre), milk for drinks (Calcium)
L- lentil soup and LOs as yesterday (P,S,F)
D- corned beef hash, cauliflower and broccoli (P,S,F)
Swips- about 3 for corned beef?🤔0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

