We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lose weight in '26 with Slimming World & SWIP's.

1…216217219221222…255

Comments

  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,675 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    Welcome back @joedenise glad you had a good time and that your hand is now pain free. You must have started that message at 5am if you’re typing one handed 🤣 I too hate the way DH pegs clothes!!

    Our village pub relaunched last night as the owners have taken it back from a management team. We went for drinks with DDis and BIL. I stuck to soda and lime and left DH and DS2 to it. Think they got in at midnight. Kitten now thinks it’s funny to bite my head and hair - it’s not!

    I need to food shop today so loose food plan using what we’ve currently got is:

    B - Spinach omelette - P, S

    L - WM roll, 30g cheddar, red onion, tbsp LTL mayo, apple - fibre, calcium, S, 0.5

    D - turkey risotto - SW app recipe - free

    Calcium - milk

    SWIPs - hi fi bar 3

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • Jellybaby
    Jellybaby Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Glad your hand is on the mend @joedenise 👍 I think DS2 stands at the back door and throws stuff onto the line 🤣🤣

    STS is good @Coxy11 I’m going rogue with the food plan this week and will decide the night before or even on the day what I’m/we are eating - just for a change.

    I managed a wee half pound off this morning. As usual I wanted more ….. but if I get two off next week I’ll be in the final stone bracket so something to aim for.

    DS is cooking a SW friendly fry up for breakfast (he must want something!) and dinner tonight is my favourite meatballs with spaghetti.

  • maman
    maman Posts: 30,855 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Well done on your loss @Jellybaby

    Even better news that target is in sight at last! 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

    Good to know your hand isn't hurting much @joedenise and well done for the one handed posting! 👍🏼🤣

    That journey to Swindon sounds a nightmare, not sure what caused it. Hope you didn't need to go anywhere near the M£3 on your way home because the roadworks at Winchester are chaotic. Last Saturday I wasted so much tome following a hopeless diversion.☹️

    You did well to stick to a soft drink in the pub @Coxy11. Well done!😇 I did the same on Thursday evening but it wasn't deliberate. We were halfway to the country pub when DH remembered he only had his sunglasses so wouldn't be able to drive home when it was dark. 🤬 I did choose food wisely but didn't really enjoy the evening as there were some very loud people in the restaurant which made conversation difficult, not helped that I didn't have a drink!🤣

    Today's plan-
    B- porridge (fibre), raspberries, blueberries (S), banana (F), milk (calcium1)
    L- lentil soup, ham salad (P,S,F)
    D- bacon and broccoli pasta (P,S,F), Parmesan (calcium2)
    Swips- LTL mayo 1, weekend wine😁

  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,675 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    Well done @Jellybaby on your loss 🤩 and great to have the final stone bracket in close sight!

    TBH @maman I don't think the soda and lime did me any favours as felt very bloated so left the pub early. I also woke with a headache unlike DH and DS2 who were doing shots with the owners and awoke bright eyed and bushy tailed this morning. Really not fair!!

    I enjoyed my lunch of WM roll of cheese, red onion and LTL mayo with an apple. Simple but delicious. We have BIL and 2 x nieces coming at some point this afternoon but have water shortage issues (SE Water!!) and there's a water station set up in two SMs in Sittingbourne. Apparently we are also going to get a delivery of water. It's like living in the third world 😕

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 18,810 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I wondered if you might be in SE Water area @Coxy11, have you been without water many times? Tonbridge and Headcorn seem to have been hit nearly every time over the last year or so. We've only had the one outage which lasted any length of time and Southern actually ran new pipes to the Island. Didn't make the headlines that SE Water have been making!

    Well done @Jellybaby and great that you are so near to the new stone and that much closer to target.

    It was the M4 which used the problem with the bus - 2 major accidents including a fatality unfortunately.

  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,675 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    First time we’ve had water issues - regular power cuts and WiFi outages though! Have had 12 big bottles of water delivered. Nothing from the tap now but we do have a header tank so hoping showers will be okay if it lasts until tomorrow 🤞🏻Local farmers are stressing about their animals though 😢

    We are making turkey risotto for tea using up items from the freezer and allotment. Hoping it tastes okay!

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,675 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    It tasted good despite using saffron BBE Dec 2019!! Nice knowing you……

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 30,855 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    🤞 you'll be OK for showers in the morning @Coxy11 .

    Fortunately, we've got no more than a hosepipe ban here.

    Herbs and spices just lose a bit of flavour over time. I'm sure I've got some elderly ones in my rack too. 🤣

  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,722 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Evening all 😁

    Well done Jelly 👏👏 I had a maintain but that's fine as in bottom half of target.

    Denise that's good you are in no pain, wish i could say the same about my shoulder 😢 Naproxen and tramadol i take at night, also smothered in gel, last night didn't touch the pain 😫😫 hence sleeping this afternoon for hr and half.

    What with my shoulder and feet 🙄🤣 i have orthotics Weds, just wish this MRI would come through!

    Food today

    2 ryvita cracker breads 2 sv, 0.5 ltl mayo in egg , speed

    Tea , double cheese burger , fibre , half a calcium, 3 sv, bns chips and salad

    Screenshot 2026-08-08 210738.png Screenshot 2026-08-08 210711.png
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,252 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!

    My name is beanie and im addicted to the ryvita crisp bread.

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.