We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Lose weight in '26 with Slimming World & SWIP's.
Comments
-
You can't beat sausage and chips for comfort food @Coxy11 , other than perhaps sausage, egg and chips with baked beans.😋 I'm amazed that some people think of SW as a 'diet'!🤣
Thanks for the pulled pork recipe, I must give it a try.
I spent most of the morning defrosting my two freezers. I really can't understand why I didn't do it when it was baking hot and I would have welcomed freezing hands from picking up pieces of ice!
When I put everything back, I updated my freezer inventory at the same time so all organised now.
Today's plan-
B- toast, bacon, eggs, baked beans (fibre, P,F), milk for drinks (calcium #1)
L- LO casserole and pickled cabbage (P,S,F)
D- bacon and broccoli pasta (P,S,F), Parmesan (calcium #2)Swips- maybe a couple of squares of chocolate 2/3?
0 -
Afternoon all, we're home. It seems to have been a long month! Don't think it helped that I wasn't able to do anything as still limited movement for the first couple of weeks, now doing more but still not able to do things like peeling potatoes and chopping onions!
As can be imagined food wasn't as good as it would have been at home although did try to eat reasonably healthily morning and evening - lunch always included French stick, pate, cheeses etc although we did have salad with it every day!
I've been reading while away but obviously not posting - not much point when I know how much was off plan! I haven't weighed yet but will do in the morning to see what the damage it. DH has already weighed and reckons he's only put on 4lb in 5 weeks! I'm pretty certain my gain will be nearer 7lb but will see in the morning.
DH got yet another hospital appointment while we were away so just as well we came back today as it's at 10am tomorrow but only in Sittingbourne so not as bad his other appointments which are in Maidstone.
Funnily enough pulled pork was something I was thinking about putting on our plan for October as it goes such a long way. I can usually get at least 3 or 4 meals out of it. I just cook it in the slow cooker and don't bother heating up the sauce to start with, just mix it and pour it into the SC over the pork shoulder. Last time we had it was probably 3 years ago for Christmas dinner as we had both DDs and partners and both grandchildren for dinner and pork was the only meat (apart from chicken) that everyone would eat! I did 2 lots - one in a plain sauce and the other in BBQ sauce.
Anyway today had been mainly on plan - we ate on the boat coming back:
B - Weetabix, milk
L - peri peri chicken, rice, mixed veg - few swips for the chicken as cooked in oil
D - chicken kebab, salad (no pitta)Really need to stick to plan for the next week before we go off to the Isle of Wight for a week! Think I'm going to be spending this week washing, shopping & cooking!
0 -
Good to see you back home safe and sound @joedenise .🤗
I don't blame you making the most of delicious French cheeses and pate and the baguettes while you were away. You can find out the damage in the morning and start dealing with it.
Hope you had a good time. Did you stay towards the north or venture down south like @beanielou .🤔
0 -
So glad you slept well @bubbs 🥳x
Welcome back @joedenise glad you had a good time x
DDad and I went to Whitstable, parked up and realised it was max 2 hours so had to rush (as much as DDad can) to have a coffee and bite to eat (for him, not me 😇) We then went to Herne Bay which is pay on exit and was cheaper for double the time. Ridiculous. Guess what - yet another JP with tuna at 3pm so didn’t need dinner.
I’m home alone tonight as everyone has gone to the theatre at Canterbury. Have cleared the ironing pile - I know how to live!Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)0 -
Welcome back Denise 😁i don't heat the sauce either for pulled pork, just chuck it all in 😂
Thanks Coxy, lets hope it continues.
Food
Lunch free,
Tea free
Pudding half fibre and 2.5 sv
Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:0 -
Morning all, definitely still on French time as was wide awake at 5am!!! Couldn't get back to sleep so got up around 5.30. Have done quite a lot of the washing mountain but of course can't get it dry as it's forecast to rain on and off all day and we need to go out about 9.15 for DH's first appointment. Will also do some shopping. After lunch we need to go out again about 1.45pm for DH's second appointment of the day! That'll be the first of 6 over the next month or so!
That view looked gorgeous @beanielou - glad you had a good holiday. We stayed in the North @maman, mainly in Normandy as DH wanted to stay in places 2 or 3 days rather than moving every day as not only did he have to do the driving he also had to do everything else as I wasn't able to do anything for the first couple of weeks. Probably shouldn't be doing stuff now as haven't been given "permission" by the hand therapist yet but I was getting really frustrated with not being able to do anything and DH has getting annoyed at doing everything as well. I've got a hand therapy appointment Saturday morning so hopefully they'll be happy with how things are going - I'm really pleased with how things are going.
I weighed this morning and haven't put on the expected half stone but only 2.5lb so nowhere near as bad as I expected. Hoping to shift at least some of that this week as the front number is up! Need to lose 1.5lb to get back to the lower number again!
Today's plan:
B - bacon omelette - P
L - LO chicken kebab - P; S; 3
D - sweet and sour chicken, rice - P; S; FFibre - none planned
Calcium - milk in drinks
Swips - oil on kebab 3 (our kebab shop using oil in it's marinade so estimated)Have a good day everyone.
0 -
Morning all,
A DDad free day today as DSis has the afternoon off. I have some painting to do in our bedroom and a few errands to run.
Really pleased you haven’t gained too much @joedenise and hope all appointments run to time today 🤞🏻Food today:
Brunch - turkey rashers, tomatoes, mushrooms, poached egg, satsumas - P, S
D - FB SW Mo’s paprika chicken, rice, green veg (to be christened!) - calcium, P, S, free
Calcium - 350ml skimmed milk
Fibre - 2 x hi fi bars
SWIPs - none planned
Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)0 -
Afternoon all 😁
Denise, that's very good for being away almost a month! Hope DH got on ok.
We wnt shopping this morning, just pulled up at lidl and my god the heavens opened! We sat in the car about 10 mins before it calmed down, when we came out it had stopped, glorious sunshine now and washing on the line 😁
Just ironed all my bedding and few bits from yesterday, so all up to date, what's on the line won't need ironing.
Maman i checked the honeydew melon , yes they are priced by the kilo now 😡 we wanted to go farmfoods and would have been coming home a different way due to rd works so if we went the normal one would have been doubling up on myself, so i said to DH we might as well go to the other Lidl as it was ff side of town, so we went there, then popped in aldi as that is just down the rd, bought a whole huge watermelon for £2.69, some sausages and DH likes there pouches of rice better than lidl, so got some of them too.
I said to dh we may as use this one all the time as we can go ff, aldi and lidl if we want, also an Iceland a bit further down and Sainsburys, so that's the plan now.
Lunch free
Tea chicken curry 6 sv , egg fried cauli rice, bns chips and naan, fibre,
Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:0 -
I got one of those big watermelon in Aldi today.
0 -
Yes Denise and the difference in Lidl price as i weighed mine as had the scales out 😂 4.3kg
Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards




