We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

πŸ“¨ Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lose weight in '26 with Slimming World & SWIP's.

1…250251253255256

Comments

  • maman
    maman Posts: 30,857 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Well done on your loss @Coxy11 .πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» It might only work out at 0.5lbs a week but considering all the times you've eaten out with your dad and others, it's an excellent result.

    Hope you got what you wanted at WI @bubbs . πŸ€”

    If Lidl are going to be the only supermarket that sells melon by weight then I think they'll shoot themselves in the foot.

    I stayed on plan yesterday but this coming week is going to be a bit tricky. We're out to eat on Wednesday and Thursday evenings and out for the day on Friday so that'll mean something for lunch. I'll make good choices where possible but I'll just have to rely on 'good when I can'. It's only 3 meals out of 21 after all.

    I'm trying out pasta Amatriciana for a late lunch based on the PoN recipe. I'm out dancing tonight with a buffet but if I have a filling meal beforehand then I can just pick at some of the healthier options .🀞🏼I'll be driving so that cuts out the wine swips.πŸ‘πŸΌ

    Today's plan-
    B- porridge, banana, blueberries and strawberries (fibre, F,S), milk (calcium #1)
    L- Spaghetti Amatriciana (P,F,S), Parmesan (calcium #2)
    D- buffet
    Swips- tbc

  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,723 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Afternoon all 😁

    Jelly have a lovely holiday πŸ₯°

    I had a gain of 1.5 lb, feel peeded off tbh as did nothing different , but i did need 1lb gain to get back in target.

    Another lovely day here today although was only 7 degrees when i left this morning 😱

    I had a picky plate for lunch

    I am having double burger , chips and salad for tea, 3 sv, calcium and fibre choice

    Sealed pot challenge number 003 Β£350 for 2015, 2016 Β£400 ActualΒ£345, Β£400 for 2017 Actual Β£500:T:T Β£770 for 2018 Β£1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 Β£1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    Morning all,

    Didn’t get to post yesterday as took Mum shopping then did jobs here. Hope @Jellybaby got off okay and has a great time x

    Boo to the gain @bubbs but I guess you needed one to be inside target and not pay for weighing too little (so odd!!)

    A busy week ahead for you @maman and you’re right, it’s only 3/21 meals so should be okay.

    I’m doing SC pulled pork today and will serve it with wedges and coleslaw (family) and salad. We are expecting ILs this afternoon as they have a booking for afternoon tea nearby. Hoping to glaze the gable ends of the greenhouse today but first, yoga!

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 30,857 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    That's a busy day for you @Coxy11 but with the family coming to you you have control on what you serve. Enjoy!πŸ‘πŸΌ

    It's annoying when you get a gain with no explanation @bubbs but, at least, you have the lbs. to spare. How long before you go away? πŸ€”

    It's the first day here that hasn't felt like summer. Actually, this morning was fine but this afternoon is overcast and even a bit of light rain. I'm pleased, for once, that I trusted the forecast and sorted all the laundry on Friday and yesterday.

    I was very controlled with the buffet last night and only had about 3 crisps and a tiny square of rye bread with smoked salmon. Everything else I ate was free/Speed like melon slices, tomatoes, pineapple etc. πŸ˜‡ I really enjoyed the Spaghetti (actually linguine) Amatriciana and will definitely make it again.

    Today's plan-
    B- toast, eggs, baked beans (fibre, P,F), milk (calcium)
    L- JP with prawns and salad (F,P,S)
    D- chicken casserole with veg (P,S,F)
    Swips- LTL mayo 1, cornflour 1, weekend wine☺️

  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,723 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Evening all 😁

    How strange Coxy i have not had pulled pork for yonks and got a piece of pork out the freezer to make one today for in the week and freeze!

    Maman, week Friday, it's only Friday to Monday but i could do alot of damage in 4 days given half the chance πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    We have had rain this afternoon. Good for sales as people are not sitting in the garden πŸ˜‚

    Food today, egg wrap, 1/2 calcium

    Roast chicken, 1/2 fibre, 3 sv gravy

    Screenshot 2026-09-27 185243.png Screenshot 2026-09-27 185212.png
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 Β£350 for 2015, 2016 Β£400 ActualΒ£345, Β£400 for 2017 Actual Β£500:T:T Β£770 for 2018 Β£1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 Β£1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,265 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!

    Happy holidays @Jellybaby. I’m back & had fantastic weather, food & wine.
    bubbs. Sorry about your shoulder. It’s horrible when it’s as bad as that. Your doctor should be ashamed of themselves.

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,723 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Welcome back Beanie 😁 where did you go?

    Roll on 14th Beanie

    Sealed pot challenge number 003 Β£350 for 2015, 2016 Β£400 ActualΒ£345, Β£400 for 2017 Actual Β£500:T:T Β£770 for 2018 Β£1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 Β£1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 30,857 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Glad to know you had a good holiday @beanielou .Where were you in France? πŸ€”

    I'm sure you'll have a good time when you get away too @bubbs .I'm sure you can fit in quite a few fish and chips over a long weekend. 😁

  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,265 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!

    I was in Provence in France.

    IMG_3634.jpeg
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    Welcome back @beanielou glad you had a good time. That view is stunning x

    We enjoyed the pulled pork @bubbs haven't had it in ages. DH has it in his lunch rolls today!!

    Drumroll please…..the greenhouse is now fully glazed. Thank the Lord for that. ILs helped with the gable ends as my upper arm strength isn't great and it does need about 4 pairs of hands to hold glass in place and screw in the trims. I've just spent half an hour in there putting the plastic caps on all the bolt ends - very satisfying!

    Food today:

    B - spinach omelette - P, S

    L - WM roll, chilli cheese slice, satsumas x 2 - fibre, calcium, S

    D - DS2 is cooking a pasta dish, so SWIPs for the halloumi he will use - tbc

    Calcium - 350ml skimmed milk

    SWIPs - dinner tbc, plus a hi fi bar 3

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

πŸš€ Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.