We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lose weight in '26 with Slimming World & SWIP's.

1…250252254255256

Comments

  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    Had my JP at lunchtime with plain tuna but did come with coleslaw garnish. I ended up making the SW easy chicken curry for tea as five of us and only bought 4 pork chops!!

    Rye is lovely @milann I’m planning on taking DDad in the next few weeks.

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 30,857 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Another lovely day here, warm and sunny and it's supposed to last until Sunday.🤞🏼

    Just a pound on isn't bad while you're eating out and trying to get organised @milann 👍🏼. Fortunately, I have loads of nearby supermarkets but I still try to just shop once a week. I always do my list and meal plan together before I shop . It's a habit from before SW as, when I was working, it saved time and headspace to get it all done in one go. I always keep a stock of HM ready meals to allow for unexpected changes so it's not fixed.

    A bowl of soup isn't really enough for me either @bubbs. Yesterday I had some sardines and salad with it and today I'm thinking of a small ham salad.

    I think you must have had a holiday in Ross on Wye . That's on the Welsh border. DGD went there for a wedding last month and brought me back the cider cake.

    I'm making a cheat chicken dinner tonight. I've got some HM gravy in the freezer that I want to use up with a pack of chicken breast slices.

    We're out for lunch tomorrow at a country pub we've never visited before. I've looked at the menu and the prices are getting farcical (£25-30 for main courses, £15 for starters). I've got a feeling I won't be eating or drinking much as I think that's really taking the proverbial!🤣

    Today's plan-
    B- toast, eggs, bacon, baked beans (fibre, P,F), milk for drinks (calcium)
    L- lentil soup (S,P), ham salad? (S,P)
    D- chicken dinner (P,S,F)
    Swips- LTL mayo 1, gravy 4?

  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,723 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Evening all 😁

    Milann thanks about shoulder but was awake even earlier this morning 😢😢laying down absolutely kills it 😣it's like it's pulling, roll on 14the Oct! Then i suppose i will have to wait a couple of weeks for results!

    Maman was right it was Ross on Wye 🤣🤣soon as i saw what you had wrote i knew that was right.

    Well went food shopping today and watch out '👀👀in lidl they charge per kg for w/melon so never buy it from there, big sign for honeydew, i said to DH i will have one of them £1.49, was putting shopping through and just happened to catch her weighing it! I said you don't weigh honeydew, she said we do now have to weigh them all!! I said well i don't want it then, whether she got mixed up i don't know 🤷‍♀️ Also was getting some eggs, i said to DH what does that say, as didn't have my glasses on he said 12 XL eggs £5.99 (i'd seen the £5.99 but couldn't see the writing) I said no way for eggs 😱 they had the 99p ones i have so that was fine 🤣

    Food today

    lunch

    Screenshot 2026-09-23 182140.png

    Tea, left over lamb from freezer from the other Sunday and Mashed swede left from this Sunday, veg from bottom of the fridge from last week .

    Also made a rice pudding, half calcium

    Screenshot 2026-09-23 182214.png
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    Hi all,

    @bubbs sorry you’re in so much pain. Bet you’re counting the days to 14 Oct! Ridiculous about the melon and eggs!

    I had a day at home today. Helped to glaze part of the greenhouse and cleared gutters of leaves. Taking DDad and Mum to Ramsgate tomorrow. Lord help me…

    Food today:

    B - AF bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, poached eggs - P, S

    L - WM roll, slice of chilli cheese, satsumas - fibre, 5.5, S

    D - pork and apple burgers, salad, AF wedges, banana - 0.5, S, free

    Calcium - 350ml skimmed milk

    Fibre - 2’x skinny bars

    SWIPs - 6 plus Tiny Toblerone 2.5, mini babybel light 2 = 10.5 total

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    Hi all,

    Had a day out today with both parents. We went to Ramsgate which was a bit breezy but dry. Spent some time in the large antiques emporium (Dad's choice) then drove into town to visit the large haberdashery shop (Mum's choice) but it's shut on a Thursday - just typical.

    Food today:

    B - spinach omelette, flat peach - P, S

    L - JP, tuna, mayo, sweetcorn, salad garnish - Free, P, 5, S

    D - pork chop, Sains golden veg rice, broccoli - P, 1.5, S

    Calcium - 350 ml skimmed milk

    Fibre - 2 x skinny rocky road

    SWIPs - 6.5

    Proud of myself for only having a coffee at the antiques cafe (when Mum and Dad had cake too) and for finding yet another JP. May write a book "my Indian Summer eating JPs around Kent"

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 30,857 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    I wonder if the assistant knew what they were doing in Lidl @bubbs . As far as I can tell online both Aldi and Sainsburys melon prices are for the whole thing not per kg. I'll look when I go shopping tomorrow.

    Hope you can get through tomorrow unscathed @Coxy11 . What with both parents and your mother wanting sweet treats it won't be easy. 🤞

    I had a chicken Caesar salad for lunch and it was very nice. Probably a fair few swips for the dressing, a few croutons and a couple of anchovies but I did enjoy it. I had a cup of tea after while others were having puddings. 😇

    Breakfast was a fry up and if I'm hungry later, I've got plenty of SW friendly snacks in the fridge, so not too bad a day. 👍

  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    Hello all,

    Weigh day for me today - had the last two Fridays off as we were meant to be away but didn't go in the end. Announcing a 1.5lb loss for the 3 weeks so back to my usual of 0.5lb loss per week. Not too shabby. I'm exactly on a stone figure now so with any luck I will see a different front number next week for the first time in 2(?) years. Have set my target at exactly 1 stone from here. A bit lower than my last target 10 years ago. Can I get there - hope so!

    I went to the tip after group so had brunch and won't eat again until tonight.

    Food today:

    B - banana (at group) - free

    B/L - toasted protein bagel thin, poached egg, flat peach - fibre, P, S

    D - breaded fish fillet, AF chips, broccoli - 7, free, S

    Calcium - 350ml skimmed milk

    Calcium #2 - 3 x mini babybel light

    SWIPs - 7 plus hi fi bar (bought the new toffee flavour today) = 10 total

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,723 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Afternoon all 😁 Sorry it was when i started writing this 😂😂

    Thanks Coxy about shoulder. Well done on your loss 👏👏👏

    Maman, i should have gone back and looked as honeydew is always sold by the whole item, it was Lidl not Aldi.

    Been nice here again last couple of days, although come over really cloudy now as if it is going to rain.

    Dunno what WI will bring tomorrow , but i don't feel like i have gained, we will see.

    Food today

    Lunch half fibre and 1/4 calcuim

    Tea Fake KFC.

    Screenshot 2026-09-25 181953.png Screenshot 2026-09-25 182012.png
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Jellybaby
    Jellybaby Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Hey all, late check in. Everything’s packed for early airport run.

    Not posted this week due to RL throwing another curve ball. Made WI at different class this morning and it was another blooming pound gain! I am so not amused!

    I’m three stone down with another one to go. While I’m happy it’s gone it’s taken an absolute age. I’ll keep plodding in my best @beanielou fashion. Hope you are all well. I will probably read along but not post as I’ll be on my phone assuming Wi-Fi is ok.

  • maman
    maman Posts: 30,857 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Happy Holiday @Jellybaby , have a great time! 😊

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.