We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Lose weight in '26 with Slimming World & SWIP's.
Comments
-
Guessed you was busy Maman 😁
Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:1 -
This hasn't been a good week for me both with SW and my back has been playing up so have been relying on HM ready meals to feed us when we haven't been eating out. Feeling a bit better today and should be able to stay on plan until next Thursday when we're out for lunch.
I'm sure eating at NT properties etc is expensive @Coxy11 but worth it to spend time with your dad. I agree that their JPs are a ridiculous price for what they are but all eating out is going that way. We were pleased that the 2 course lunches at the Italian yesterday were £19.95 so not too bad and generous portions.
That was infuriating about your late call from the surgery @bubbs . DH had a similar experience when he received a fraud call from the bank this week . He didn't respond becasue he was in a public place and you don't want to broadcast your health conditions or your finances to all and anybody. 🤬
I'm going to do my meal plan and shopping list then shop later this afternoon.
Today's plan-
B- porridge, blueberries, banana (fibre, S,F), milk (calcium1)
L- LO ham hash with pickles (P,S,F)
D- sausage casserole with penne (P,S,F)
Swips- BGTY sausages 2 and maybe more🤔0 -
Sorry to hear about your back issues @maman but good that you had plenty of SW friendly ready meals to hand 👏 Hope your back improves soon xx
DS2 was meant to be taking a girl out today to London Zoo. He booked tickets then she made some excuse so he’s taken my DDad! Bit different. Does mean I’ve been able to catch up on washing and general housework though 🙏
Food today:
B - maple SW pancake, skyr apple yog, blueberries - fibre, 0.5, S
L - AF bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, poached egg - P, S
D - soy and chilli salmon, rice, broccoli - P, free, S
Calcium - 350ml skimmed milk
Calcium #2 - 3 x Mini babybel light
SWIPs - 0.5 plus skinny bar 3.5 = 4 total
Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)0 -
Hope your back is better today @maman
My parents are together but they don’t get on 🤣🤣 @Coxy11. The choc puddles has given me an idea for a C present.
Went along to the new class this morning and put one on! I’m not happy but will keep plodding. The class was exactly the same as mine, a certain few talking over others and dominating the session. I’ll need to go next week unless I can find another class to try!
I had the usual fruit and yoghurt for breakfast and lentil soup with a ham salad roll for lunch at mum’s. I’m off to a surprise 60th later and a few gins will be had but planning to have chilli with rice before I go.
0 -
Oh that’s not good @Jellybaby re: your parents! Annoying about the 1lb. Remind me why you’re changing groups again? I think they are all the same tbh - always have a gobby few!!
I’ve got loads done today. Think it’s coz we are out in London tomorrow with ILs at the theatre so making the most of being here. Also got some gardening jobs done and refilled the bird feeders.
Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)0 -
Evening all 😁
Maman glad you are feeling better. The doctors really pee'd me off 🤣but i checked last night and she has added them to my repeats and had ordered the tramadol as Boots has message prescription is ready. DH said when she was going on about taking the senna and laxido,( although tbf i have not taken laxido for about 10 days. ) i should have said give me something that doesn't make me constipated then i won't need them 🤣i mean when you don't "go" for 10 days that is as dangerous!
Oh coxy i would be ok, love strawberries , love choc but not together 😂 saying that not had choc for months.
Oh boo Jelly and yes there is always chatters! but tbf our group at the minute is not too bad.
Food today
Lunch half fibre and calcium
Tea fake kfc
Pudding rice pudding and stawberries with 1 sv for caramel sauce
Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:0 -
That rice pudding looks lovely @bubbs mmmm
We watched the celeb masterchef last night and one of them cooked sticky toffee pudding. Oh wow my absolute favourite ❤️
We are going to London for a matinee theatre show today and will eat first in Zizz! I think. I’ve had a spinach omelette for breakfast and will take an apple with me. Will see how we feel later as both adult children are out tonight so may just have a bagel and DH some cheese and crackers.
Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)0 -
Had sea bass, new potatoes, green beans, courgette ribbons, peppers and artichokes in Zizzi. Then had 2 rum n Pepsi max. Now on route home. DH wants a chippy tea but I’m staying strong and will have a toasted bagel!!! 😇
Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)0 -
That sounds like a good choice at Zizzi's @Coxy11 .I didn't realise they did that sort of meal. 👍 Well done for refusing the chippy! 😇
I really must make a rice pudding as it's one of DH's favourite puddings and yours looks delicious @bubbs. Do you bake yours? 🤔
I prepped tonight's and tomorrow's dinner while listening to the football this afternoon. Sadly we didn't win but at least I used the time productively. 😁
Today's plan -
B- porridge, blueberries, banana, strawberries (fibre, F, S), milk (calcium)
L- JP, tuna, salad (P, F, S l
D salmon (P), SW chips (F), stir fry veg (S)
Swips - LTL mayo 1, weekend wine 😁
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards


