We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lose weight in '26 with Slimming World & SWIP's.

1…245246248250251…256

Comments

  • milann
    milann Posts: 11,861 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I weighed today and stayed the same 😃

    I’d planned steak with mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and actifry chips. Dh came home with a couple,e of ready made quiche and announced it was just what he fancied. Since he was cooking I went with it. Steak will be tomorrow…this is what happens to my good intentions 🥴I need to re train him….hes was really good with sw at one time.

    January spends - £587.58
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,677 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    Well done on your STS @milann Shame DH sabotaged your dinner but nice of him to provide food and presumably cook it!!

    I am getting a bit worried that I still have 10 days until next weigh in and I’m going to be out with Dad for most of them. As much as I can take an apple or a hi fi bar, I can’t take my own lunch to eat in a cafe! Just a bit torn as obviously I want to spend quality time with him and as I have no work (and DSis works almost FT) it’s down to me to keep him busy.

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • Jellybaby
    Jellybaby Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Have a fab holiday @beanielou. I’m away at the end of the month @bubbs only two more shoppping trips to go 🤣

    ‘Retrain him’ that made me chuckle @milann. Enjoy the time with your dad @Coxy11 I’m sure you’ll make good decisions without even realising x

    I’m off to salsa shortly, home for a quick change and some lunch then off to meet a pal for a coffee and a walk - our form of therapy 😁

    Breakfast was the usual fruit and yoghurt, tomato and red pepper soup is defrosting for lunch and dinner is baked potato with prawns and salad. I’ll make a dressing, probably a few swips.

  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,677 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    I took DDad out today. We went to a NT place - same place I took Mum last month. Exhibition was the same but different room guides told different snippets about the famous resident. DDad loved it. He also bought us lunch - I chose Thai BNS soup with a slice of bread. It that wasn’t great but the JPs were £11 and I only had one yesterday. Trying to mix it up a bit lol. Had a spinach omelette before I went and having spaghetti and SW Italian meatballs for dinner.

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,724 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Evening all 😁😁

    Another nice day weather wise.

    Jelly made me laugh countdown with shopping weeks 🤣🤣

    Coxy £11 for a jacket spud!!

    I was absolutely spitting mad this morning, bloody telephone appointment i had about medication again, first they put 16/8, so i rang and queried it, no should be 16/9 8.40 am, we wanted to go out and driving you could guarantee they'd ring, so waited patiently till 9 and left.

    We was in Asda, they ring 11.45!!! She really peeded me off, had to go through everything again, then she says whoever you speak to you will have to go over it every time, thought that was why you had bloody medical records! Then she was going on and on, i said i don't mean to be rude, but i am standing here in the middle of asda talking to you when you was supposed to call at 8.40, she goes no 10.30! I said funny that the text says 8.40 and she kept on and on , i said oh it's ok for people in asda to hear about my medical problems then 🤣she said is the phone on loud speaker? i said no but they can hear what we are talking about! Off she goes again on one 😡😡She was going on about taking the senna i said yes i know but what do you suggest when i didn't go toilet for over a week? Then going on about tramaol, i said yes i know but i need something for the pain, prescribe me something else and i won't be on them! i'll send you a link how to manage your pain, i nearly put the phone down on her 🤣

    I said yes what ever, are you adding them to my prescription or not as i am nearly out, but if you think it's fine for me not to be able to sleep, not be able to move my arm in the night, not lift the kettle, struggle with ironing and hoovering that's fine!

    Bet she thought oh god we have one here, thought they were there to help you? Anyway she then says then i have put them on repeat for 6mths 😂

    Anyway got my moan out the way 🤣 oh no petrol here £1.79 😱😱we went different town £1.62 what a difference!

    Food today

    Lunch free

    Tea 6 sv and fibre

    Screenshot 2026-09-16 185529.png Screenshot 2026-09-16 185551.png
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,677 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    That’s ridiculous @bubbs an apology over the time mix up would have made a big difference. Petrol prices are ridiculous. I spent over an hour travelling each way to the NT place today so could see my fuel gauge going down. Staying more local tomorrow.

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,724 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Coxy i know, she really wound me up! I said to DH on the way back she's really !!!!!! me off! He goes just ignore her 🤣

    Yes crazy prices! Because we have only been back and forth to the unit really last 3 weeks i have not had to put any in but filled up today. When DH was at work i used at least £40 a week!

    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,677 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    Well I hit the jackpot today and took both Mum and DDad out together. They get on okay thank goodness. Have come to realise quite how rude Mum is. She was waiting for a call from hospital at 2pm. They rang bang on time (sorry @bubbs !) but she was so grumpy with them. I told her off as the poor women is only doing her job - jeez.

    Food today:

    B - apple, skinny bar - S, 3.5

    L - JP, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, tuna, LTL mayo, 1, S

    D - chicken skewers, lettuce, tomato, radish, cucumber - 3, S

    Calcium - 350ml skimmed milk

    SWIPs - hotel choc puddles 5.5 plus 7.5 so 13 total

    Still have 2 healthy extra choices. It’s the pub quiz - will not be drinking.

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,724 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Evening all 😁

    Coxy i am jealous 😂😂 glad that your Mum and Dad went out together and no murders were committed 😂 what are hotel chocolate puddles?

    Food today

    Lunch free

    Tea, fibre, 1/2 calcium and 3.5 sv everything else speed.

    Made a rice pudding for pudding , half calcium

    Screenshot 2026-09-17 192105.png Screenshot 2026-09-17 192126.png
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 30,858 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Sorry I haven't posted but a very mixed week with birthday cake and celebratory drinks to sabotage my weight loss. Back to it tomorrow. 🤞

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.