We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Lose weight in '26 with Slimming World & SWIP's.
Comments
-
Morning all,
It’s my volunteering afternoon. DH usually works on a Monday but he’s up straight there so has the day off. He can drop me off/pick me up 🙌
Food today:
B - 50g bran sticks, mullerlight vanilla, strawberries - Fibre, 0.5, S
L - spinach omelette, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, radish, apple - P, S
D - carbonara (courtesy of DS2) - SWIPs for butter and pancetta so counting 6
Calcium - 350ml skimmed milk
Calcium #2 - Parmesan
SWIPs - 6.5 plus 3.5 skinny bar = 10 total
Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)0 -
Morning everyone
I can’t make my usual class due to having something on and going away @Coxy11 so thought I’d take the opportunity to try a different one. Still undecided 😁
Just follow your user name @TakeItEazy i know from experience everything will get done but be kind to yourself
It’s cold and damp here ☹️ washing is on airers unless it brightens up considerably. I did take a bit of a strop after the unexpected gain so food and drink wasn’t great over the weekend and I’m now annoyed at myself but firmly back on plan.
Breakfast was the usual fruit, yoghurt and granola. There’s lentil soup for lunch and beef curry with rice for dinner.
0 -
Hi everyone. Weighed in this morn img and STS. To the 0.1kg 😊 Very happy with that!
Only 1 more weigh in before we go away so I’m hoping for same next week.
I’ll be back later with food plan but for now I’ve got to whizz and do my rounds.
0 -
You're going great guns @Matron_Midge , it's not easy to maintain. 👍
That's more very expensive parking saved @Coxy11 . Very mse. 👏
I hate to tell you @Jellybaby but it's been a glorious day here, warm and sunny. 😎
I cooked a piece of gammon yesterday so lentil soup in SC. 😋
It's not been a good SW day here. I had a small slice of cake earlier from DGd's birthday last week. I had to be able to say I'd tried it. Then for tonight's dinner I've made my own cheese sauce. Most of the cheese and milk will be covered but there's the cornflour and a bit of spread. Not sure if it's worse for swips than using a packet. 🤔
Hoping for a better day tomorrow. 🤞
Today's plan -
B- toast, eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes (fibre, P, S), milk for drinks (part calcium)
L- JP, cottage cheese, salad (F, S, P)
D-- gammon (P), hassleback potatoes (F), cauliflower and broccoli cheese (S +swips)
Swips - too many ☹️
0 -
Great work maintaining @Matron_Midge 🙌
Oh I see @Jellybaby that makes sense x
I think we all have days like that @maman but sounds like you chose good meals. I bought a single sachet of Options yesterday to see if I liked it - it’s okay for 2 SWIPs but of course once I’d got the sweet taste I started craving other goodies. Ended up having a Lindor ball and another skinny bar so over SWIPs by 1!
Hoping for a better day today. I’m out again with DDad. Was going to a NT property but it’s a good hours drive and he’s not up yet so we will stay local instead. There’s a great antiques centre 20 minutes drive away with a cafe so that will do! I know they do JPs!!Food today:
B - spinach omelette - P, S
L - probably a JP, will take an apple with me too
D - pork chops, golden savoury rice, brocolli - P, 1, S
Calcium - 350ml skimmed milk
Fibre - 2 x skinny bars
Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)0 -
It's funny how we all get to know which cafes serve JPs @Coxy11 .🤣
It's 23° and sunny here, if you've got the same it's, ideal for days out with your dad.
Fortunately I don't have much of a sweet tooth so can easily refuse chocolate, cake, puddings etc. It's crisps that I find moreish so I only buy them on high days and holidays.
We've not seen @peony40 for a week or so. If you're lurking do post and tell us how you're doing.☺️
I've got a much better SW day planned. I've portioned up the lentil soup I made yesterday and kept a portion out for lunch. I'm out dancing this evening so an easy freezer meal before I go.
Today's plan-
B- toast, scrambled eggs (fibre, P), milk for drinks (calcium1)
L- lentil soup (S,P)
D- Spaghetti Bolognese (P,S,F), Parmesan (calcium2)
Swips- none planned0 -
Yesterday we went for a drive out. Dh had seen a cafe advertised that serves you food via a little train like he had in the old garden….and will have here eventually. The food wasn’t the main draw - it was the trains. They did do a jacket potato but it was only just midday and I couldn’t face one at that time of day. I ended up with a tuna sandwich which I think was more mayo than anything else….it did have salad and a few chips too so not the best sw choice….but it was a nice experience. There were a lot of young children with parents and a few older - children at heart folk 😂😂 From there we drove to Rye….a place I’ve never visited before. I quite enjoyed my day out - we came home where I made a veg pasta sauce with a bit of cream cheese. It was delicious and I resisted the crunchy bread 👍 i weighed this morning and have put 1lb back on but am still lower than I was. Just have to remind myself although I feel as if I’m on my holidays exploring horizons anew. This is now home and I can’t afford (pocket or weight wise) to keep eating out and having ice cream and chips just because I’m by the sea 👍
January spends - £587.580 -
Afternoon all 😁
Sorry didn't get here yesterday was busy then i was really knackered and guess i will be later as was awake at 5 with my bloody shoulder and arm 😢
Been really nice here the last 2 days.
Milann is Rye near Ross on Rye? as we went there on holiday about 5 yrs ago and was lovely.
Food today, had a bit of a concoction for lunch 🤣🤣 but i was hungry and the soup needed eating, so i had soup, cold pork left from sunday for some filling power, crabstickas and my water melon.
Gammon, fresh pineapple, egg , mushrooms and salad for tea either chips or jp not decided yet. I feel like i have lost weight 🤷♀️ if i have or not will be another matter 🤣
Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:0 -
Tea,
Gammon, fresh pineapple, salad, chips and mushrooms
Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:0 -
Sorry your shoulder is giving you so much agro Bubbs.
I had to Google Rye and Ross on Rye as this area is new to me….but no it’s not anywhere nearby.
It has been a glorious afternoon here we decided to leave the jobs and go for a walk by the sea to a pub we’d passed previously . I did succumb to 1/2 cider but thankfully the kitchen had just closed so we came home. I’d planned chicken and garlic mushrooms with rice but needed to get mushrooms and the shop was in the opposite direction to where we’d walked…..so I did a stir fry of peppers, spring onions and chicken with a few oven chips. I didn’t have a wrap. I’ve not been counting properly but still trying to roughly stay on plan. Ido miss all the supermarkets we had near our old house….but we didn’t have walks by the sea so I’ll just have to get myself mor organised 👍January spends - £587.580
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

