We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lose weight in '26 with Slimming World & SWIP's.

1…250251252254256

Comments

  • Matron_Midge
    Matron_Midge Posts: 942 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper

    oh @beanielou it looks gorgeous there. Glad you had a good time.

    Great news on the greenhouse @Coxy11

    Enjoy your break away @bubbs. Whatever the outcome you’ll get it back off - so enjoy every mouthful

    I’ve weighed in as usual and had a 0.2kg loss. Chuffed with that. No weigh in for me next week as we will be away ( and I do intend to enjoy myself) so I’ll check the damage in a fortnight.

    Usual brekkie of fruit and Greek yog

    Lunch - crackers, cottage cheese and cherry toms/mini cucumber

    Tea - Red Thai curry and boiled rice with sugar snaps and edamame beans (swips in sauce)

    Snacks, grapes, babybels and maybe a couple of chocs

  • maman
    maman Posts: 30,857 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Well done on your loss @Matron_Midge . 👍 Enjoy your holiday and I agree with you on checking the damage afterwards. 😁

    That photo looks like a beautiful place @beanielou ,no wonder you enjoyed it. 😊

    I've never cooked pulled pork @Coxy11 and @bubbs although we both like it. Which recipe do you use and is it difficult to get all the visible fat off the pork? 🤔

    I've got plenty of leftovers for lunches for the next couple of days so my menu will look a bit samey. I do enjoy veg and pickles though. 😋

    Today's plan -

    B- porridge, blueberries, banana, strawberries (fibre, F, S), milk for drinks (calcium)

    L- ham, egg (P), LO veg and pickles (S)

    D- salmon (P), SW chips (F), roasted veg (S)

    Swips - none planned 🤞

  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,723 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Evening all 😁

    Looks beautiful Beanie

    Well done MM on your loss 👏👏 oh i intend to have what i want 🤣🤣 enjoy your holiday

    Maman, i used a pair of scissors to get fat off 😂was a faff, but got most off.

    I made a "taco" and had it in there, will lettuve at the bottom, then pulled pork, cheese spring onions I have 4 portions for the freezer . I used jd BBQ seasoning in mine So it was syn free

    Lunch i had 2 ryvita crackers, half fibre, half calcium, ham and beetroot, tomato

    Screenshot 2026-09-28 183211.png Screenshot 2026-09-28 183227.png Screenshot 2026-09-28 183156.png
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,723 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Maman, i used passata, 4 tbsp Worcestershire, sauce, tsp lazy garlic and jd bbq seasoning

    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 30,857 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Thanks @bubbs ,your taco looks delicious. 😋

    Interestingly, I was in the GP surgery this afternoon and overheard someone making a telephone appointment. The receptionist said, we'll email confirmation but ignore the time given on it, it'll just happen 'some time in the morning'. 🤔

  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,723 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Thanks Maman, was lovely

    They are air heads in the doctors 🤣🤣

    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    I use a similar recipe to @bubbs

    image.png image.png

    Well done on your loss @Matron_Midge and enjoy your time away x

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,723 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Oh yes, i used mustard powder too

    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    Morning!

    Change of plan for dinner last night as DS2 was going out. We had sausages, AF SW chips and green beans. I chose LM red onion and rosemary sausages and DH and DD had Aldi skinny ones. So a SWIP-free dinner for me. I attended a Parish Council meeting where they were serving wine(!) so I had a small glass of white plus a HM sausage roll - SWIPs for those.

    I plan to take DDad to Whitstable today as the weather is meant to be nice. It’s a bit drab atm. Dinner is FB SW Mo’s paprika chicken with rice and veg so I’ll look for a low SWIP lunch when I’m out. Soup or JP….

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,723 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Afternoon all 😁

    Well something odd happened last night 😱 i slept! I never woke up till 8.35 😱 we (the royal we 🤣) changed the bed yesterday and put the new duvet back on as nights are getting chilly and DH said it must have been the new duvet 😂 he also said i wasn't groaning half the night like normal with my shoulder! Or it was i was completely knackered and catching up on sleep! See what happens tonight.

    Hope you had a nice day Coxy, it's cloudy here but really warm and windy, bedding dried within about an hr!

    Food today

    Lunch picky plate

    Tea savoury mince and veg, 3 sv for gravy, possibly depends how runny the mince is.

    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.