We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lose weight in '26 with Slimming World & SWIP's.

1…255257259260261

Comments

  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 18,830
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Thanks both. Was really pleased especially as I have no idea how it happened!

    I used to make a egg filled meatloaf years ago but not made one for ages. I used to do it with beef mince rather than pork mince. The bacon with the pork is probably much nicer!

    Sorry about the gain @Coxy11 but as you say not really surprising with all the eating out - shame it mainly seems to be jacket potatoes! Spoons are a pretty good option for something other than jacket potatoes - they do a couple of chicken dishes which are fairly low Swip - not good for Faversham but certainly the coastal towns usually have one.

  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,739
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    I have never made it with beef.

    Thanks coxy

    Tea 1 sv

    Loaf for tomorrow and potato salad

    Screenshot 2026-10-02 194700.png Screenshot 2026-10-02 194715.png Screenshot 2026-10-02 194728.png
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 18,830
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 3 October at 11:34AM

    Morning all, not looking too bad weatherwise today so will probably get at least one lot of bedding washed but won't hang out as I've got to go out around lunchtime for a hand therapy session. Was supposed to be 10am this morning but got a call at 4.30 yesterday afternoon to say it was being cancelled but would I mind seeing a different therapist! I don't mind at all because the one I was supposed to be seeing cancelled at the last minute just before we went on holiday so I haven't actually seen her anyway! Appointment now 1.30pm so will need to have an early lunch as it's about an hour away if the traffic's not good but who knows on a Saturday!

    Also want to pop into the big Tesco near there as can't get their own brand diet tonic water from the local one so will also do a bit of shopping while I'm there.

    We're trying to find a small folding table for the motorhome as the one we've been using is getting beyond its use by date! Really difficult finding one the same size - Amazon have got loads but not the right height - we can get the right height or right table top size but not together. There's a camping shop in the area where we are going so will pop in there and see if they have one the right size. Obviously there's no desperation about getting one as we probably won't go away in the motorhome again until next year and the one we've got is still just about useable!

    I looked online to see if there's still a recipe for the beef meatloaf with egg in the middle and Tesco have it on their website! I used to make it as a cheap midweek "roast" when the kids were little until the youngest decided she didn't like eggs anymore! Might have to put that back on the menu rotation at some point now you've reminded me about it @bubbs.

    Today's plan:

    B - fry up
    L - chicken fajitas
    D - lamb tagine, taboulé (brought back from France)

    Fibre - SW wrap; dried apricots (0.5)
    Fat - flaked almonds (0.5)
    Calcium - milk
    Swips - sweet chilli sauce 3; oil (in taboule) 3

    Have a good day everyone.

  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,695
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero
    Forumite

    Morning all,

    Hope your appointment goes okay @joedenise sorry I missed about your finger injury too. Hope you’re okay?

    We went out for dinner last night and DD said DH should drive for a change so I had 2 gin and tonics!! Also had fish n chips and shared an apple crumble dessert with DH. Thought why not as it’s a special occasion. Back on plan today.

    Food today:

    B - still full so satsumas! - S

    L - ham omelette, salad - P, S

    D - hm mini pizza - wm roll, cheese, mushrooms, salad and AF chips - fibre, calcium, free, S

    Calcium - 350ml skimmed milk

    SWIPs - hi fi bar x 2 = 6

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 30,872
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    You're doing really well with losing the holiday gain @joedenise .👍🏼

    Excuse the thumb emoji but, you're really in the wars with your hands. I'm assuming the finger you hurt was on the other hand from the surgery. Hope the therapy appointment is useful.

    Eating out is getting so expensive now @Coxy11 that I'd be reluctant to choose something I didn't really like just to save swips. I remember going to a restaurant when I'd just been doing SW for 3 months and sticking 100% on plan. All that was suitable on the menu was an omelette with salad and the salad was really pathetic. I decided then that I wasn't going to be a slave to SW and would just get back on plan ASAP.

    I'm back on it today after eating out 3 times this week. Actually, yesterday was good as I just had a JP at lunchtime and we came home for a freezer meal in the evening.

    I'm going to have cheese sauce tonight but not sure of swips for various options. How many swips in the Schwartz packet mix, please?

    Todaay's plan-
    B- porridge, blueberries, strawberries, banana (fibre, S,F), milk (calcium#1)
    L- Spanish omelette with salad (P,F,S)
    D- gammon (P), SW chips (F), cauliflower and broccoli cheese (S)
    Swips- cheese sauce?, weekend wine☺️

  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,739
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Afternoon all 😁😁

    1/2 off for me today, right at the bottom of target, Consultant said you have managed this really well with going away, i said i know, i can have fish and chips now 🤣🤣 i would have still had them anyway 😜

    Taster was really good full table full for a change!

    SW have brought these hi fi selection boxes out for Christmas, bloody dear if you ask me £10 for 12 bars, but being SW they have made hardly any 🙄 My old consultant has been allocated 45 boxes, she has about 9 groups, my consultant has been allocated 5 boxes, she is adding her box in to make it 6, she has 4 groups! How pathetic , they never learn!

    Maman, extra mature is 5.5 and others are 7.

    Lunch free

    Tea

    Burgers 3 sv , fibre , calcium choice, salad and chips.

    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 30,872
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    That's great @bubbs@bubbs, just where you wanted to be. Perfect timing. 👍

    The forecast for here is looking good for next weekend so hope you'll be lucky too. You should have quite a few good days on the island too @joedenise .

    Thanks for the cheese sauce swips. I have the cheddar cheese one so I'll use that up. Even though the mature is fewer swips, the reviews on the Sainsburys website say it's horrible. 🤔

  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,739
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Thanks Maman, i have used both sorts, couldn't really tell any difference!

    Yes hopefully will be nice, was drizzly here this morning when i came out of group but is glorious now this afternoon

    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 18,830
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite

    Unfortunately my mallet finger is on the same hand as the thumb surgery! Now it's got a plastic splint on it it's really annoying as it gets in the way! Looks like I'm being "posh" when I have a cuppa with my little finger sticking up!

    The therapist knew what it was as soon as she saw it due to the splint. Once I've been to the fracture clinic in 3 weeks time for my thumb the local minor injury nurse suggested I ask them to look at the little finger as well rather than them referring for an additional appointment. After that I'll be able to get rid of the plastic split and just have my little finger and ring finger strapped together for another few weeks - 12 weeks in total from the date of injury.

    It's been grey and overcast today so decided against doing the bedding. Will get it done tomorrow when I've got 2 hours of free electricity so will get it washed and dried hopefully in that time.

  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,739
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

    Oh denise, what a pickle your hand is in! Hope it all heals soon.

    I forgot to say i won the raffle today 😁

    Never tried these before, was these and a pack of those mini sub rolls from M&S

    Screenshot 2026-10-03 192755.png

    Tea

    Screenshot 2026-10-03 193208.png
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.