We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lose weight in '26 with Slimming World & SWIP's.

1…254255256257258260»

Comments

  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,737 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Evening all 😁

    Bloods at the hospital were a nightmare! They are rolling out a new system, where your name comes up on a screen, except they gave the first 16 people numbers, DH of course was 17th 🤣 we was there at 8 for an 8.15 appointment, they called all the numbers, then started calling people, but of course they had all been and gone, so when they called again it was dh's turn because the lady infront of the queue had been, so he walks down, she goes did we call your name? 😂 he goes no because the names have not changed for the last half hr! She goes go and sit back down , he said No i have sat there for ages and it's my turn 🤣 bloody 9am before we got out there, can't imagine by about 11 what it would be like! He hasn't half got a bruise, he said bet she did it on purpose 😂

    Denise, have a lovely holiday. Not as sunny here today but still quite warm, was really foggy this morning.

    We have not been bitten all year, last night we both got bitten twice, i think because it's muggy and the door is open till about 10 with the lights on the mossies and nats are coming in!

    Food

    Lunch fibre,

    Tea 1.5 for sausages, 3 sv gravy granules i used in casserole.

    Tomorrow we are having a Chinese from the Chinese as it's DH's birthday and that's what he wants!

    Bargain alert 😂😂 Asda


    Pork loin joint, in asda £3.48 a kg, i chopped this joint into 3 and froze, very lean too. So a joint for £2.70 odd for 2 people, i do think there will be some left off at least 1 of them.


    You could slice into pork steak also

    Screenshot 2026-10-06 175651.png Screenshot 2026-10-06 175716.png Screenshot 2026-10-06 181053.png Screenshot 2026-10-06 181111.png
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Jellybaby
    Jellybaby Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Evening all,

    Hope your DH gets the results quickly @bubbs. I don’t eat pork very often but that looks lovely.

    Have a lovely time away @joedenise

    Spent most of the day at parents as their broadband was changing to fibre which didn’t happen as provider hadn’t made contractors aware of telecare equipment requirements. I am livid as it’s taken me six weeks and four different accounts to get to this stage!

    Despite the drama, food has been on plan and I haven’t reached for wine 🤣🤣 breakfast was fruit and yoghurt, lunch was banana, apple and coffee as I wasn’t hungry and I had a baked potato with chilli and salad for dinner. Five swips so far for collagen, yoghurt and a tbsp of low fat dressing.

  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,737 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Thanks Jelly, don't count on it 😂 usually a good couple of weeks, been over a month before!

    I would be livid too!

    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 18,830 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    The hospital sounds as bad as your GP surgery @bubbs; glad your DH stood his ground and refused to go and sit back down. Seems pointless giving people appointments if they then don't see people in order. Hope he doesn't have to wait too long for results and everything is OK.

    That pork loin looks lovely. Why is there always good deals when we're about to go away? If we were going to be here I would definitely go and buy one so that DH can smoke it and slice for dry cure bacon - takes a week to get to the bacon stage - 5 days drying in the fridge and then a day smoking before slicing ready to freeze!

    That's awful @Jellybaby that the contractors didn't know about the Telecare equipment requirements - I'd be livid too. Well done on sticking to plan and not resorting to the wine!

    As we are self catering food should be OK but we will of course eat out on days when we're out and about so will try and pick SW friendly food as far as possible. Swips of course will be alcohol!

  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,737 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Never had a problem up there before Denise it's the "new " system and they have to see 95% of the county too!

    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 30,872 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Oh dear @bubbs and @Jellybaby ,what frustrating days you've had. Well done for sticking to plan. 👍

    Hope you managed to get a SW friendly lunch @Coxy11 .

    Have a good time on the island @joedenise .Tomorrow doesn't look good but Thursday is better. You must have fish and chips while you're away. There's a good place in the main street in Cowes opposite Sainsburys.

    I picked up a pork joint YS in Sainsburys so I'm on my way to pulled pork. 😁

    Today's plan -

    B- fry up (fibre, P, F), milk for drinks (calcium)

    L- ham, LO veg and pickles (P, S)

    D chili and rice (P, S, F)

    Swips - 0

  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 18,830 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    We usually have Fish and Chips at a chippy in Newport - they used to do a decent sized OAP portion for less than a fiver and was very nice (I don't eat the batter, DH has that!).

    I've weighed this morning so that I can how much damage I do over the week!

    I'll read over the week but not sure whether I'll post, depends on the wifi! Can't remember if it was good last time we were there but we won't be in the same place on the park as we've booked a lakeside lodge so a nicer view and a deck with table and chairs to be able to sit out assuming the weather is still warm! Previously they put us in a hot tub lodge (even though it's not what we'd booked) and that's not something we're bothered about.

    "See you in a week" if I don't post during the week.

  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,691 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    Morning, it’s looking a bit drab today. Hope you have a good time away @joedenise x

    That’s scandalous about the hospital @bubbs Well done to DH for standing his ground x

    Enjoy the pulled pork @maman x

    Not sure it was a great choice but I chose soup which turned out to be pea and ham. Nice if odd. It came with a slice of soft malted bread (from a sliced loaf). SWIP’d both.

    I’m taking DDad for a hearing test today at the insistence of DSis who is not coping well with hosting him. He also has a terrible cough/chest so she’s messaged me to ask me to take him to the walk in GP whilst she’s at work. Very terse message. Oh course I will do that. I also still have toothache so was going to try for an emergency appointment but will prioritise DDad. DSis and DH both working so only me available.

    Food today:

    B - spinach omelette - P, S

    L - (hopefully) WM roll with cheese, satsumas - fibre, calcium, S

    D - smoked salmon and pea pasta - P, free, S, 3 (for cream)

    Calcium - 350ml skimmed milk

    SWIPs - 3 plus (hopefully) 3 for a rum later. I’m going to the village book club in the pub for the first time. Hopefully I will be able to - depends on DDad.

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 18,830 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Are you taking your DDad to Specsavers for his hearing test @Coxy11? If you are and his hearing loss is "easy" to sort they will fit him with hearing aid(s) as necessary at the time, at least they did with DH, very straightforward. Also gave him a full box of batteries which should last at least a year!

    Is there a walk in GP near you or do you have to go to Sittingbourne or the Island? The Island walk in isn't really a walk in as far as I'm concerned as you still have to make an appointment! A walk in to me means going in and sitting and waiting not having to go back again later!

    Enjoy the book group at the local pub this evening and enjoy your rum - if you're able to go of course.

  • Jellybaby
    Jellybaby Posts: 1,750 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Morning all,

    Hope you get you’re dad sorted and he feels better - and find a way to get to book club! You need some time for you too x

    I feel loads better and I know it’s all down to being back on plan and no alcohol. Anyway, I’m joining the pulled pork gang 🤣 mentioned it to DS2 and he’s very keen lol.

    Breakfast was fruit, yoghurt and tbsp skinny syrup 0.5, hair appointment over lunch time but I’ll take a banana amd apple to munch while the colour is doing it’s thing, and dinner is homemade lasagne from the freezer with salad. I made it ages ago and got more portions than expected but think it’s around 3 or 4 swips.

    Have a good day everyone.

★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.