We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lose weight in '26 with Slimming World & SWIP's.

1…247248250252253…256

Comments

  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,723 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Evening all 😁😁

    Lost a 1lb today and dropped out of target, but that's fine ready for my long weekend away if i stay there 🤣

    Coxy, well done on your lunch out and resisting chippy.

    Maman, yes i do didn't know you could cook it any other way apart from slow cooker .I used NAS almond milk .

    Food today

    Lunch fibre

    Tea fibre and calcium

    Screenshot 2026-09-19 183734.png Screenshot 2026-09-19 183752.png
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    The sea bass was really tasty. I think it’s part of the new Autumn menu.

    Well done on your 1lb loss @bubbs that sets you up nicely for your time away 🙌

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,723 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Coxy, got to stay there for a couple of week, i am planning on making soup tomorrow for some lunches this week and some pate , different foods

    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,780 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Morning all

    I’m still surviving! Finding it hard being back at work, so exhausting. Not helped by being the only dog walker! Son has been signed off for a while now so given him some space, when he’s back at work he will have to pull his weight or i will go under 🥺. All dialysis equipment has been removed now so can get on with decorating (when I have the energy). So much to do in and out of the house. Garden is overgrown with what I call Mile A Minute weed (don’t know it’s correct name) so need help with that plus all the rubbish collecting as well as 2 reclining chairs. plus hubby’s car still sits there! I just don’t have the motivation 🥺.

    Finally registered his death last Wednesday, 3 months after the fact! Glad it’s done & I feel I can grieve now!

    I am not eating healthy (rubbish really) but weight is stable probably due to walking/biking to work plus the dog. Still I’m glad I’m only pounds above target not stones 🫪.

    Got the jeggings on after wearing shorts for so long, feels weird! Never mind back to shorts next week as the weather warms up again!

    IMG_0837.jpeg

    Sax is enjoying daycare though!
    Have a good weekend all 🤗

    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

    Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • TakeItEazy
    TakeItEazy Posts: 2,780 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    just had message from day care, another dog has confirmed viral cough! Sax sounds like he is trying to clear his throat so looks like he has it too. Kennel cough vaccine wasn’t worth it then 😤. Good job son is still off this week 😬

    Its not what you do but the way that you do it, thats what get results :T
    Keep the Faith All

    Heartbroken 12.12.13 :cry:
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,723 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Afternoon all 😁

    TIE, 1 step at a time, it is so hard sorting everything out, apart from DS is there anyone that can help? We helped my sister alot when she lost her DH (been 10 yrs now 😱) and then Mum with Dad although still an awful lot to sort out of Dad's and it's been 3 yrs 😢

    I have had a good session this morning, bed done and on line, well not the actual bed 🤣 there was already a dark load i put in yesterday afternoon waiting to go out , so that's been out and in.

    Made some pate, some soup, veg done for pork roast, baked apple and mincemeat ready for pudding, made dh a crumble.

    Screenshot 2026-09-20 141419.png Screenshot 2026-09-20 141512.png Screenshot 2026-09-20 141454.png Screenshot 2026-09-20 141528.png

    someone at group made this, looks lush

    Screenshot 2026-09-20 141441.png
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • maman
    maman Posts: 30,857 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Good to see you posting @TakeItEazy . Don't be too hard on yourself, just baby steps. I think you've done well to keep your weight in check , perhaps you could start on some healthier meals to keep your strength up and to help you feel you are in control of something. Maybe you could start by planning how you want to decorate, it's quite motivating and relaxing looking at images online of how you'd like your room to be. Hope Sax's cough clears up soon.🤗

    You've been busy @bubbs , reminded me of the days when you'd make up work lunches at the weekend. Well done on your pound off yesterday. 👍🏼

    Some people make a rice pudding on the hob or in the SC so it turns out like tinned rice pudding. That's far too sloppy for me. I like it the way you do it. I need to buy in some pudding rice.

    That salmon and noodle dish looks yummy. The nice thing about using noodles is that the sauce coats the noodles instead of soaking in like it does with rice.

    It's a glorious day here, 20 degrees and sunny and due to get warmer through the week. I've got a line of washing out and it's almost dry even though it didn't go out until almost 12 o'clock.

    Today's been a bit 'eggy' but I really enjoyed my omelette at lunchtime, first one for a while.

    Today's plan-
    B- eggs and baked beans on toast (P,F, fibre), milk for drinks (calcium1)
    L- Spanish omelette and salad (P,S,F, calcium2)
    D- pork casserole with rice (P,S,F)
    Swips- 4? in casserole sauce, weekend wine😁

  • milann
    milann Posts: 11,861 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    I think you’ve done remarkably well TIE. Be kind to yourself and just do whatever needs doing at your own pace. There are no rules for when things need sorting.
    I’ve had a few eating rubbish days. I seem to have done an awful lot of cleaning since we moved. I don’t miss my old house but definitely miss the people. So one day in particular I hit the chocolate and crisps. I have stayed the same though so all the body magic cleaning mattresses that were covered in mud by the removal company must have used a fair few calories. I was shattered afterwards and my arm was letting me know I’d done too much but it’s done now. The machine we hired was good though and carpets along with other soft furnishings have been given a facelift.
    We went exploring Faversham one afternoon as Dh was trying to find a place where a ukelele band practice. It must have been an old advert as we didn’t have any luck. One day we headed into Canterbury on the bus and jumped on the first bus going out so spent the afternoon in Dover - a place we’d never visited before, We just made breakfast in spoons before they finished, has a mooch around the museum, walk to the seafront and headed back on the bus for a picky tea including salad, ham, cheese and slither of quiche.

    Dd and family have been around for brunch this morning- the first time I’ve cooked for a few of us in the new place. I had bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, omelette with courgette, spring onion and potato in and a heb bread roll. It was lovely and what the move was all about. We had a quick walk to the seafront and front and back before they headed home.

    January spends - £587.58
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,723 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Milann, i am sure you will soon enough make new friends and can facetime etc old friends, won;t be long and they will be coming down for the weekend 😂

    Glad you enjoyed this morning with the family .

    Roast pork, yorkie 1/4 sv , 3 sv gravy, burnt the carrots a bit in new air fryer 🤣

    Screenshot 2026-09-20 180442.png
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    @TakeItEazy good to see you posting. I’m sorry pup has a cough but good that DS can take care of him this week. Don’t worry about doing too much all at once - it’ll all get done eventually xx

    @milann i am only 5 miles from Faversham. Not sure of the ukelele place though 🤔

    @maman lovely day here too and set for the week I think whoop!

    @bubbs lovely food as always x

    I went to yoga this morning and had a banana in the car then scrambled eggs and ryvita crisp breads for brunch. Late lunch of FB SW Mo’s lasagne and big salad. Doubt I’ll have anything else tonight as DH is going out.

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.