We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lose weight in '26 with Slimming World & SWIP's.

1…217218220222223…257

Comments

  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,680 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    Well done @bubbs on your STS. Sorry to hear you are in so much pain though 😢

    🤣 @beanielou they’re good aren’t they??

    I’m meeting a fellow MSE-r this morning for a coffee. Water still off here but has been restored to some in the village so 🤞🏻 it won’t be long.

    Food today:

    B - poached egg, toasted protein bagel thin, mushrooms - P, fibre, S

    L - LO turkey risotto - free

    D - beef in black bean sauce (Fast Feasts book) - 0.5

    Calcium - milk

    SWIPs - skinny bar 3.5 plus 0.5 = 4 total

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 18,815 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Morning all, more washing in the machine which DH will hang out badly on the line after he's finished cooking breakfast! I'll be glad once I can start doing things again, I hate this sitting around doing nothing.

    I've 2 sewing projects I want to get back to making - a pair of shorts which are half sewn and a skirt which is just cut out.

    Well done @bubbs on your STS. hope something gets sorted for your shoulder sooner rather than later. It seems to have been a long time you've been in pain with it. Hopefully you'll get a date for the MRI soon and there is something that can be done to make you pain free.

    The beef in black bean sauce sounds nice @Coxy11 - will have a look to see if it's one of the books I've got.

    Today's plan:

    B - fry up - P; S; F
    L - scotch broth (from freezer) - Fibre; P; S;F
    D - pork steak, potatoes & veg - P; S; F; 3

    Fibre - bread (1 slice); skinny bar
    Calcium - milk
    Swips - apple sauce 3

    Have a good day every one.

  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,726 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Morning all 😁

    Hot already, forecast 32 here today.

    Beanie i like them, think its the crunch for me😂

    Thanks all about my shoulder, I posted that, fell asleep again, woke up and went bed🤣 thankfully I slept better last night, think i was so knackered it helped, got up at 8.40!

    No idea for food again Because of the heat, will sort as I go along

    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 18,815 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Glad you had a better night last night. I still haven't had a full night's sleep since the op. Hoping that once the dressings are off, hopefully Wednesday, I'll get a decent night's sleep.

  • maman
    maman Posts: 30,859 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Well done on staying well inside your target range @bubbs .👍🏼

    It's 28° here (and getting hotter through the week) so another Sunday without a roast.☹️

    Sorry to hear you and @joedenise aren't getting proper sleep. It's bad enough with the heat but you two have pain alongside to cope with. 🤗

    I'm just plodding along, I don't think I'm gaining but I'm definitely not losing either. Interesting what you said about the discussion on little habits creeping in @Coxy11 . My DD gifted me some Lindt Sea Salt dark chocolate the other week. I've never had more than a square a day but it's habits like that not accounted for that don't help.

    It's our wedding anniversary coming up on Thursday. The plan is to go out for the day somewhere and then out for a meal on Friday evening so from Monday to Wednesday I'm going to be 😇.

    Same breakfast as yesterday as I had some raspberries that needed using up. Lunch was put together around some pasta LO from last night. Tonight is a one pot meal to minimise time spent in the kitchen.

    Today's plan-
    B- Porridge, banana, blueberries and raspberries (fibre, F,S), milk (calcium)
    L- pasta salad with ham (P,S,F)
    D- Chicken jambalaya (P,S,F)
    Swips- weekend wine😁

  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,726 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Denise, it's awful it really is when you can't sleep, can't remember the last time i had a good sleep and think it finally caught up with me yesterday!

    Thanks Maman, i like sitting where i am sitting at target, although i said to the consultant not had a maintain for ages always a gain or a loss 😂

    Well we popped out this morning, i needed to pick my prescriptions up, god knows whats happened this time she goes 6 packages in different drawers, i thought 6 🤔should have been 4 prescriptions, all i can say is good job i am not planning n topping myself, had double of everything, tramadol really addictive and they have given me 120, 80 naproxen , 2mths senna and 2 boxes Laxido , i'll be crapping through an eye of a needle if i take all them 🤣

    Won't need to order anything next month that's for sure!

    Bought a chicken, cut the legs off and chopped drumsticks off and froze them and just cooked the crown, will have chicken, salad and chips

    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,282 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!

    Blimey, thats a lot bubbs!

    1 1/2 off this weelk & down into a stone I vever thought I would see again!

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,726 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Well done Beanie 👏

    I know she even gave me a carrier bag 🤣🤣🤣

    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,282 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!

    Thanks bubbs.

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.