We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Lose weight in '26 with Slimming World & SWIP's.

1…214215217219220…257

Comments

  • Jellybaby
    Jellybaby Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Evening all

    Weather has certainly turned here - absolutely torrential rain for most of the afternoon. I discovered the gutter on one side of the garage is leaking so another job to add to the list.

    The dresses I was looking at a few weeks ago are on sale so took advantage of the savings 😁 while in town I nipped to M&S amd bought some fruit and veg. Prices surprisingly similar to the supermarkets I’ve been using. There’s a couple of grocers shops I’m going to investigate.

    I’ve got a gammon joint to use this weekend @maman and I’ll be making lentil soup too. It’s getting cold enough to appreciate soup here!

    Breakfast was the usual granola, fruit and yoghurt. Dinner was pork fillet, Jersey Royals, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and sweetcorn. I had a couple of tablespoons of pepper sauce so counting 4 swips.

  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,681 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    We are having a wall of fitted wardrobes @maman probably double what we’ve had to date. We are turning the room around. Delivery is next Tuesday 😱

    This is what the app says re: corned beef so you’re not far off:

    image.png

    Not sure if you’ve access to the app still? X

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • maman
    maman Posts: 30,860 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Thanks @Coxy11 .I don't have access to the app any longer so that's useful to know. It was a tin of Pampeano so just over the 4 syns and a small portion left for my lunch tomorrow. 👍

    You can never have too many wardrobes! We have a wall in our room and another in the guest /dressing room. 😁

  • milann
    milann Posts: 11,862 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker

    The wardrobes sound brilliant. We’ve just been emptying ours and packing things. It’s amazing how much stuff is in them 😯 ours are fitted so we’ll need new ones after the move.

    We’ll be heading somewhere for an anniversary meal later today. 48 years….how did that happen? There’s a nice Turkish place not far away and they do a great afternoon deal…and its no bad SW wise….it’s a bit of a tradition that we go there and then onto the seaside place with the big tower about an hour and a half away but we’ll check the weather beforehand as we had torrential showers yesterday. It’s lovely and cool today but I don’t particularly want to go out if it’s going to be as wet as yesterday.

    January spends - £587.58
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,681 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    Happy Anniversary @milann that Turkish place sounds nice x

    We've never had fitted wardrobes before. The last wardrobes we bought were in 2002 when DH's aunt was moving so we bought two solid chunky pine wardrobes from her. They moved with us twice and we Frenchic'd them at the previous house. They are now in the garage and don't fit in the house but are used for storage.

    A day at home today. I've cleared the ironing pile, tidied the lounge, done a freezer inventory, vacuumed etc. Have also prepped some broad beans from the allotment which will form part of tonights' tea.

    Food today:

    B - banana, blueberries, Greek yoghurt (vanilla & coconut) - free, S, 0.5

    L - HM RM from freezer (pork schezuen), 8 ryvita crackerbread, 1/2 pot of light cheese spread - Free, Fibre, Calcium

    D - broad bean, pea and bacon risotto - Free

    Calcium - milk

    SWIPs - hi fi bar - 3

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 68,726 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic

    Evening all 😁

    We had a shower today, all 5 mins of it!! Although it is cooler, 26 when i was out earlier.

    Met my friend today and went CS, nothing to write home about, got some smoked basa, never had it before , but thought i might make some fishcakes. In the freezer at the mo.

    We didn't have any luck anywhere today, Asda was rubbish Branston beans still £1.05 for 4 tins.

    Not had anything to eat today till tea time, when i dished up DH said hungry? 🤣 i only had 4 sausages, 2 eggs beans and bns chips 😂😂😂

    Screenshot 2026-08-05 183744.png
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Jellybaby
    Jellybaby Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Happy anniversary @milann 🎉

    Happy new wardrobes when they come @Coxy11

    Salsa this morning then a day at home for me too. I hate housework with a passion but so much was badly needing done after all the hospital drama over the last few weeks taking up my time.

    Banana and coffee before I went out, fruit salad and Kvarg when I got back and it was spaghetti bolognaise for dinner. I did sneak a piece of DS’s garlic bread so counting 6?

  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 6,681 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Homepage Hero

    mmmm garlic bread, I remember that! In fact I found two baguettes I’d bought YS in the freezer yesterday. SWIPs not as bad as you thought @Jellybaby

    image.png

    I am meeting a friend at Spoons this morning just for a drink (coffee!!) She renovates Barbie dolls and I have a few CS finds to hand over.
    need to run some errands in town then it’s another tip run, this time with the bedroom carpet.

    Food today:

    B - SW pancake, Greek yoghurt, blueberries, banana - fibre, 0.5, S, free

    L - spinach and mushroom omelette, lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, radish - P, S

    D - FB SW mo’s Cajun chicken pasta, tenderstem broccoli - P, free, Calcium, S

    Calcium - milk

    SWIPs - skinny bar 3.5

    Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
    reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)
  • Jellybaby
    Jellybaby Posts: 1,745 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper

    Thanks @Coxy11 garlic bread was lush! Not sure of the brand as slices had been split and frozen in 2s - must’ve been a while back when I was organised 🤣

    I didn’t get up until nearly 9am!! Feel better for it though and have got three loads of washing on the line. 🤞the weather holds but it’s not looking good.

    Breakfast (just now!) was the usual granola, fruit and Kvarg 0.5 and fibre. I’ve salad in the fridge if I’m peckish later and dinner is gammon steak, wedges and more salad.

  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 101,294 Ambassador
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Academoney Grad Mortgage-free Glee!

    Now I want garlic bread!

    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.