We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
Lose weight in '26 with Slimming World & SWIP's.
Comments
-
Snap on the Bolognese for dinner @Jellybaby .😋
Happy Wedding Anniversary @milann and hope you do have your Turkish meal. 😋
Shame about the CS @bubbs .☹️ So few bargains to be had anywhere at the moment.
I love broad beans @Coxy11 .Years ago, they were cheap and plentiful at this time of the year but no longer.
I'm sure you'll be delighted with the wardrobes. Free standing ones can be very attractive but not so good on the use of space.
Today's plan -
B bacon, eggs, toast, tomatoes (P, S, fibre), milk for drinks (calcium 1)
L- LO hash and pickles (P, S, F)
D - spaghetti Bolognese (P, S, F), Parmesan (calcium 2)
Swips - couple of squares of chocolate
0 -
Above post was from yesterday, just realised it was sitting in outbox. 🤣
Seems the odd slice of garlic bread isn't too bad @beanielou but that one from Wetherspoons is positively scary! 😱 Hope you stuck to coffee this morning @Coxy11 .😁
DD1 has been in South Wales this week and tells me she had rain!! We've not seen more than 2 minutes worth since June. Hope you got your washing dried @Jellybaby .
I've had porridge and fruit for breakfast and a ham salad for lunch. Swips so far, just 1 for LTL mayo. We're out for dinner but I'll probably have fish or something SW friendly to go with the wine swips. 😁 Back on plan tomorrow.
0 -
Evening all 😁
Cooler today, which meant a cooked dinner, yeeehaaaa 😂😂till the heat comes back weekend 😫
Maman yes very very few bargains😢
Broad beans 🤮they stink 😂😂 Dad used to grow them when we were kids, he loved them, well so did Mum and 1 of my sisters.
Food today
4 ryvita crackerbread half fibre and calcium, beets, tom and melon
Tea
sweet and sour , egg fried cauli rice and bns chips , speed, 12 grams prawn crackers 3 sv
Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:0 -
I’ve just had those cracker breads bubbs!
Dident realise that my imitation Philly now had swips. Boo.I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** in ~~Japanese proverb. ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger.
One debt remaining. Home improvement loan. 13 months left.0 -
I love them Beanie, yes have to be careful with things changing all the time 🙄
Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:0 -
Hi all,
Broad beans @bubbs 🤣 they are DH favourites along with courgettes. I blanched and popped them. They were from the allotment last year but I’d podded and frozen them. Tasted fine!
Dinner was Cajun chicken pasta bake from FB SW Mo. Halved the recipe as DS2 is out and DD is in Crete. Still have a portion leftover so DS2 can have it tomorrow - lovely and spicy 😊😊Have just been to yoga so have only just eaten - late for me 🙁
Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)0 -
Morning!
I have been to group - a STS for me this week which is okay and probably due to eating pasta late last night and not having 'been' yet today. I took fruit with me and had my breakfast when I got home. We had a relief consultant as ours has gone to Alton Towers! I stayed to group and we had a talk about the ripple effect of small consistent habits which was interesting.
I have to drop Mum off somewhere and pick her up later, plus we have a delivery from the wood yard. DS2 is here if they call when I'm out.
Food today:
B - banana, apple, toasted protein bagel thin, poached egg - free, S, Fibre, P
L - JP, tuna, LTL mayo, salad - 1.5, S
D - FB SW Mo's lasagne, salad - I'm going to use courgettes in the lasagne as well as the usual peppers and tomatoes - free, P, S, Calcium
Calcium - milk
SWIPs - 1.5 plus may go to the village pub later as the owners are back in charge from today. If so I'll have a rum for 3 SWIPs.
Cross-stitch WIP: Haberdashery Shop Fiver Friday challenge 2026 founding member 😊 Read 26 books in 2026 18/26 Currently
reading The Snowman by Jo Nesbo (19)0 -
afternoon all, we're home. Had a good few days away apart from getting stuck in a 3 hour traffic jam on the way back to the van from Swindon. We decided to go to Swindon on the bus (about 2 hours usually). Got there and went to have lunch, had chicken pomordora with spicy rice which extremely light on spice, came with some courgette, pepper and onion mix - was very tasty. As there was a bit of a delay up on the way decided to go straight back. Took over 5 and a half hours in total!
Had a couple of other meals - had sea bream one day and sea bass the other day so all meals out were SW friendly as were meals in the van. All Swips were spent on alcohol!
We're having PON hunters chicken pasta for dinner with garlic bread made with the Schaar ciabatta rolls. Had weetbix and fruit for breakfast. Didn't fancy any lunch.
well done @Coxy11 on your STS this week, as you say late pasta dinner probably didn't help.
I have my first hand therapy appointment on Wednesday morning so bandages will also be coming off! Can't wait to have a shower without my arm in a plastic sleeve and also not needing DH to help me!
0 -
Evening all 😁
Well done Coxy , maintain is fine 👏
Welcome back Denise, glad you had a nice few days away, apart from the delay, but i did read there was a bad accident in Swindon 😢 How does your hand feel?
Friday is the day we do orders, then because it's cooler i did my ironing as not done any since we came back last weekend 🤣 I said to dh i need to change the bed but my shoulder/arm is killing me, i'll do it tomorrow, he goes i'll help 😁well……………he is so kag handed, he said how do you do these pillows 🤣 i said well the protector i put the open in end first, i said leave them i will do them 😂 no says he it's ok, was hard work watching 🤣 i said what will you do when i am not here anymore? He said employ someone to do it 🤣🤣🤣 Thank god we didn't have the quilt .
Food today
Lunch, part fibre and calcium
Tea , fake kfc
Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:0 -
Morning all, weather looking bright but cool at the moment, no doubt will be much warmer later. DH did 2 loads of washing yesterday when we got home. All dried on the line. I hate the way he hangs things on the line - everything ends up out of shape! I end up having to try to reshape everything when I next wash them - still at least its all dome and "sort of" folded! Again will need sorting once I've got the use of 2 hands again. My hand feels OK, no pain at all since day 3, just feels a bit achy but I think that might just be the weight of all the bandages!
Typing one fingered as so annoying as a trained typist! Still at least it's doable left handed unlike writing! Need to do a menu plan at least for this week even if I can't do the whole month at the moment.
Today's plan:
B - fry up - P. S, F, 1
L - ham salad sandwich - Fibre, P, S, 1.5
D - chana masala, rice, naan bread - Fibre; P, S, FCalcium - milk
Fibre - bread, naan
Swips - sausage 1, LF Spread 1.5Have a good day everyone.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards





