Three data reward sim changes

Options

Comments

• gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,371 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 25 December 2023 at 11:39AM
    Options
    Note that I did not re-register or do anything that might have triggered this.
    Thank for the feedback, that's useful to know and backs up my own suspicions (although I have by now re-registered so my own views were only suspicions).

I've got a dual sim phone and will use Lebara for data and keep my number on Three for a few months butspending no credit, just in case they reverse their decision as it contradicts a press release they put out a year ago about the 200M allowance being kept for life by existing plan users. 
  • albob
    albob Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have today had a response to my complaint.
    "..Data reward offer is no longer available with Three and We have discontinued this plan.

As you're our loyal customer from long time Three would like to offer you 15GBP one time credit on your Three account, using this credit you can buy an allowance.."

I have rejected that offer and asked what the next step in their complaints procedure is..
  • flaneurs_lobster
    Options
    As another "loyal customer from long time" please let us know how the complaint goes.

Have I understood correctly - the 3-2-1 rates have gone and this has to be accepted as being what it is. The complaint refers to the promise of a free monthly 200MB forever?

• albob
    Options
    Yes, you noticed to peculiar use of English!
    The 3-2-1 has gone along with the 200mb ; I complained about the loss of both..
  • LearningToBePassive
    Options
    I got £10 credit for my trouble.  My Lebara SIM has arrived and my number will be ported on Friday so farewell Three.
  • albob
    Options
    Email from Three this AM -- They are closing my 'case' (as I rejected their £15 offer) and referred me to 
    the Ombudsman.
      I have raised a complaint with the Ombudsman -- lets see how it goes......!
  • Phones4Chris
    Options
    A quick update from me -
    albob said:
       I wanted to check my Reward Sim balance but 444 no longer gives the option to check, so I went to the Three website to check there - The site would not recognise my number without Re-registering !!
     After Re-registering I then noticed that I had no allowances. :(
    Further checking revealed that my 3-2-1 deal had also disappeared !!
      I suspect that, by forcing  Re-registration, Three are using that to end the 'free 200mb data for life'

TIP  -- Don't Re-register if you can avoid it...
    That will make absolutely no difference at all. As i posted 5 posts before yours (and previously a week before), I was told the 200MB Data Reward Plan was no longer on the system. Not re-registering simply means you can't access your account information via the App or via the Web.
    it was the System Update (no detail was provided) that you may have been told about (early November) that made all the changes.
    As another poster pointed out - 3's Ts&Cs do state that they can make changes at any time!

Having re-registered I was also aware that some features of the account were missing/not working properly. When I spoke to someone I was told there was still some "updating" going on.
    That became more obvious when I was eventually able to check usage (something we'd not had on PAYG before - except how much of the 200MB remained) and found two texts since the system update were "included" but then one a few days later cost 15p!
    (As an aside, I'm not sure if the same usage info is available on Standard PAYG as I haven't used mine yet since the system update).

Prior to seeing the text charge, after I'd discovered that the 200MB was not appearing, I'd contacted Complaints to discuss the issue. I was again told the 200MB was no longer on the system. I had a very reasonable discussion and ended up with a "resolution" that I was happy with. That was however before I discovered that the 3-2-1 rates had also disappeared and no mention of that had been made in the discussion.

Having discovered that the 3-2-1 rates had gone I decided I would contact Complaints again when I had time. This I eventually did and had a very helpful discussion which lasted a while. I also pointed out that the Price Guides had NOT been updated to reflect the changes (which today I note with disgust they still haven't been). I ended up with a further "resolution" I was happy with (that bearing in mind all the information I was given and was "seen" as a loyal customer).
    albob said:
    Email from Three this AM -- They are closing my 'case' (as I rejected their £15 offer) and referred me to 
    the Ombudsman.
      I have raised a complaint with the Ombudsman -- lets see how it goes......!

Somehow, I don't think you'll get very far, probably get told to accept the £15 or go without. Good luck.

Here's some facts. Whether you re-register or not, the 3-2-1 rates have gone, the charges are 35-15-10.
    Minimum top-up is now £5 (£2 is no longer an option).
    There is now a 180 day usage criteria (it's in the Ts&Cs which were updated!).
    (If you can get hold of a O2 Classic SIM that's about the only place left you can now get 3-2-1 and remember O2 could decide to stop it and change the tariff!).
    The Data Packs (and Add-ons) on the 3 Mobile Broadband tariff do NOT include any minutes and texts as do the Data Packs on the Standard Mobile PAYG Tariff.
    3 Mobile Broadband ends up connecting to different servers from the standard 3 PAYG - I didn't get a definitive answer but I suspect it gets higher priority than data on standard PAYG, so if Mobile Broadband Data reliability is important to you, that could be worth checking out.

Tip - when you speak to Complaints, if you go about it in a bull at a gate manner you may find you don't get as generous a resolution as you might otherwise.
    Good Luck.
  • gwapenut
    Options
    How are people finding porting out? I always had question marks about whether they would allow it as it is intended as a data sim (despite its use being allowed in "any" type of device such as a phone unlike their traditional data sims). You could argue you don't need to keep your number for data only.

So, do they raise any objections to giving a PAC?
  • alanjones60
    alanjones60 Posts: 433 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 28 December 2023 at 10:31AM
    Options
    gwapenut said:
    How are people finding porting out? I always had question marks about whether they would allow it as it is intended as a data sim (despite its use being allowed in "any" type of device such as a phone unlike their traditional data sims). You could argue you don't need to keep your number for data only.

So, do they raise any objections to giving a PAC?
    Got my pac code by e mail,no problems,also when i port my number,i have to ring three and they will refund my £21 pay as you go credit as well
  • gwapenut
    Options

Here's some facts. Whether you re-register or not, the 3-2-1 rates have gone, the charges are 35-15-10.
    Minimum top-up is now £5 (£2 is no longer an option).
    There is now a 180 day usage criteria (it's in the Ts&Cs which were updated!).
    (If you can get hold of a O2 Classic SIM that's about the only place left you can now get 3-2-1 and remember O2 could decide to stop it and change the tariff!).
    The Data Packs (and Add-ons) on the 3 Mobile Broadband tariff do NOT include any minutes and texts as do the Data Packs on the Standard Mobile PAYG Tariff.
    Excellent post, thank you. One further fact I have gleaned from the other forum - we are now subject to their Go Roam £2 per day roaming charge, which makes it unusable for me. I don't think there is any way of opting out of this? By contrasat, I believe the O2 Classic has an international roaming opt out blt on you can add free of charge.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback