Three data reward sim changes

Options

Comments

• flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Off topic but about 3DW, would anyone happen to know if it will operate as a standard PAYG when roaming? Planning a trip to Vietnam and Three include it in their Rest Of World tariff, far cheaper than other operators AFAIK.

Will probably combine with local SIM for data.
  • Phones4Chris
    Phones4Chris Posts: 858 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    albob said:
      Update :: After contacting the Ombudsman, Three have made this offer, which I have accepted

"..We are currently aware of the issue and are working on having this fixed. While we are working to have this resolved I am proposing a £50 credit to your Three account which you can convert into a plan. We currently do not have a timescale for this to be resolved however hope for the issue to be fixed as soon as possible. If this offer is declined then the offer may be withdrawn..."
    You did well!
    You could use it to buy the £40 - 12GB Data Starter Pack which last for 12 months, or add a further £10 and get the £60 - 24GB Data Starter Pack which lasts 24 months. Note there is NO inclusive Minutes or Texts. It says you have Go Roam at no extra cost. If you use all your data within the 12/24 months, you have to buy an Add-on if you want more Data - expensive way of doing it as well especially as those are only for 30 days !
    As mentioned somewhere else earlier in the thread, you get more Data for your money and inclusive minutes and texts with Data Packs on standard PAYG phone SIMs but the downside maybe as it connects to different servers (I'm told) I'd guess there could be contention issues at busy times.

As mentioned earlier in the thread, if you decide to port and try to get your credit, quote "call 0333 3381001.  The person on that number took my bank details and arranged a refund of my credit balance which I received within a week."
    But I also wonder, if you have a standard PAYG Phone SIM, whether you could get the credit transferred to that rather than a refund. If anybody tries, let us know.
  • kt01
    kt01 Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Off topic but about 3DW, would anyone happen to know if it will operate as a standard PAYG when roaming? Planning a trip to Vietnam and Three include it in their Rest Of World tariff, far cheaper than other operators AFAIK.

All data packs on PAYG work in the Go Roam destinations with no extra charges. Vietnam is a Go Roam destination under "rest of world" so would be included. 

You get up to 12GB roaming there (less if your data pack has less). Note you do not get any local minutes/texts, only calls/texts back to the UK or recieved are included. So if you need to make a local call you will need to use another method.

albob said:
      Update :: After contacting the Ombudsman, Three have made this offer, which I have accepted

"..We are currently aware of the issue and are working on having this fixed. While we are working to have this resolved I am proposing a £50 credit to your Three account which you can convert into a plan. We currently do not have a timescale for this to be resolved however hope for the issue to be fixed as soon as possible. If this offer is declined then the offer may be withdrawn..."
    You did well!
    You could use it to buy the £40 - 12GB Data Starter Pack which last for 12 months, or add a further £10 and get the £60 - 24GB Data Starter Pack which lasts 24 months. Note there is NO inclusive Minutes or Texts. It says you have Go Roam at no extra cost. If you use all your data within the 12/24 months, you have to buy an Add-on if you want more Data - expensive way of doing it as well especially as those are only for 30 days !
    As mentioned somewhere else earlier in the thread, you get more Data for your money and inclusive minutes and texts with Data Packs on standard PAYG phone SIMs but the downside maybe as it connects to different servers (I'm told) I'd guess there could be contention issues at busy times.

I didn't think it was possible to buy those data packs using credit, I thought they were only sold through resellers? I may be wrong though...
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone who exhausted their free data allowance more than a month ago tried again since, to see if any amount of extra free data has been added?
  • Swipe
    Swipe Posts: 5,109 Forumite
    Options
    gwapenut said:
    Has anyone who exhausted their free data allowance more than a month ago tried again since, to see if any amount of extra free data has been added?
    Mine has now stopped working for mobile data. Was working earlier this week. That must be it now.
  • pochisoldi
    pochisoldi Posts: 265 Forumite
    Options
    Just dug mine out - connected to the internet to receive a simple page - worked ok
    Then logged in to the account online - had to reregister where it initially said my allowance was 100Mb+ 2 texts expiring on "1 Jan 2222". Zero usage recorded.
    Turned on "adult content" and now says "There are no allowances and benefits to show"

I've been told that my Three My pay monthly tariff was "being retired" to be replaced by one thats "from £10", which after the upcoming RPI+3.9% will probably turn into £11. That phone number is going to Tesco Mobile, where I can get 30G for the same money, and use upto 12G of that in Europe.

I think my data reward SIM will probably end up in the bin. The only time I will use Three will be I go to the US when I'll buy a 10G PAYG sim then either throw it away if it gets ceased before the next trip or buy another 10G.

• Phones4Chris
    Phones4Chris Posts: 858 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    kt01 said:

All data packs on PAYG work in the Go Roam destinations with no extra charges. Vietnam is a Go Roam destination under "rest of world" so would be included. 

You get up to 12GB roaming there (less if your data pack has less). Note you do not get any local minutes/texts, only calls/texts back to the UK or recieved are included. So if you need to make a local call you will need to use another method.

albob said:

You did well!

I didn't think it was possible to buy those data packs using credit, I thought they were only sold through resellers? I may be wrong though...
    I'm afraid you are wrong. Try logging in to your account and selecting Add-ons!
  • slimgym
    slimgym Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been told that my Three My pay monthly tariff was "being retired" to be replaced by one thats "from £10", which after the upcoming RPI+3.9% will probably turn into £11. That phone number is going to Tesco Mobile, where I can get 30G for the same money, and use upto 12G of that in Europe.

Same happened with my three pay monthly, replacement lost in built roaming, was more expensive. I wasn't a heavy roamer or user. Ported to iD mobile, 60GB a month (unused rolled over) with unlimited everything else for £10. They never applied an increase last year either. More data than I can ever use, same coverage and speed as three, wifi calling, and plenty data when roaming (new joiners capped at 30GB/month EU roaming). Not sure what Three are playing at. No longer good value for money or fair with their customer base. Thankfully other companies not quite so sharky at the moment. 
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like they're aligning themselves with Vodafone in anticipation of the merger! Goodbye golden days.
  • slimgym
    slimgym Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Network/Used-to-have-the-free-200M-data-sim-but-it-stopped-without-notification/td-p/21388/page/9
    There's actually a more positive update to the thread now suggesting it is still under investigation. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback