Three data reward sim changes

Options

Comments

• harlings
    Options
    My wife and I had a couple of these Data Sim's for our cars but they finally stopped working in Dec 2023. After raising a complaint to the Three team I was given credit of £10.
    Nice promotion, that sadly didn't last FOREVER!
  • fonesaver
    fonesaver Posts: 254 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 January at 10:05PM
    Options
    I got the 100mb allowance last month, my monthly allowance starts around the 10th and it ran out in December but today I've suddenly got internet back again! Yes I did turn off WiFi! 
  • gwapenut
    gwapenut Posts: 1,377 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Strangely, yesterday I got a random email from 3 saying "Your order (22431****A) has been cancelled". Similar to the one thanking me for an order when I signed up to the new website last month.

I've not dared try data on that SIM though as I still have PAYG credit and don't need to use data currently.
  • albob
    albob Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
      Update :: After contacting the Ombudsman, Three have made this offer, which I have accepted

"..We are currently aware of the issue and are working on having this fixed. While we are working to have this resolved I am proposing a £50 credit to your Three account which you can convert into a plan. We currently do not have a timescale for this to be resolved however hope for the issue to be fixed as soon as possible. If this offer is declined then the offer may be withdrawn..."

• flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Well done. I wonder if that £50 would be refunded as cash if one were to PAC away the number......
  • albob
    Options
    I only use the sim as a 'backup' so will not be trying to move :: It also says 'which can be converted to a plan'
    We shall see, haven't got the credit as yet...
  • flaneurs_lobster
    flaneurs_lobster Posts: 3,677 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    albob said:
    I only use the sim as a 'backup' so will not be trying to move :: It also says 'which can be converted to a plan'
    I too have a SIM as a backup but also have a second doing nothing - ideally I'd like to "request" a goodwill payment and then get this refunded as cash when I shut the SIM down.

I wonder if it will be possible to quote your case a precedent (when you have received your credit). Did you actually raise a formal complaint with the Ombudsman or was the promise to do so enough to loosen 3's wallet?
  • southone
    southone Posts: 168 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 17 January at 1:27PM
    Options
    I had a data reward and a 321 phone SIM when they increased the phone sim tariff I asked for a refund I was told that refund had to be made to the method that it was made by and only in the previous 12 months so if it's a goodwill payment I doubt if it would be possible but hopefully, as a result I took my £80 credit over to contract at £5 a month until it ran out then ported the SIM to 1P mobile
  • albob
    Options
    albob said:
    I too have a SIM as a backup but also have a second doing nothing - ideally I'd like to "request" a goodwill payment and then get this refunded as cash when I shut the SIM down.

I wonder if it will be possible to quote your case a precedent (when you have received your credit). Did you actually raise a formal complaint with the Ombudsman or was the promise to do so enough to loosen 3's wallet?9
    I made a formal compliant to The Ombudsman
     (Complaint Record: CM223553-23)  : I now have my £50 credit

You might want to read this ( page 8 post by droid555) regarding porting (which turned into a Farce!)
    https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Network/Used-to-have-the-free-200M-data-sim-but-it-stopped-without-notification/td-p/21388/page/8
  • LearningToBePassive
    LearningToBePassive Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 January at 5:39PM
    Options
    I got the grand sum of £10 compensation as PAYG credit  I then ported to Lebara.  I contacted Three and they sent my remaining credit to my bank account - took about 5 days.
    (Edit:  just saw the community.three.co.uk post saying how hard it was to get hold of Three.   I called 0333 3381001)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback