Forum Home» Debt-Free Wannabe» Debt-free Wannabe Challenges

NST September - A Simple September - Page 30

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

NST September - A Simple September

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
358 replies 27K views

Replies

• KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    35.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ccl, very sorry to hear of those troubles with your ex.

Many others are living with problems too - hugs to all.
    I have some outgoings soon: fridge freezer has died, laptop is dying, the fences at several parts of my property have collapsed. It feels like there's more! But thats what there is right now, that I can think of.
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019
    Not counting this! 2020
    Garden fencing completed, woohoo 2021
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rained here yesterday, did nip out for an hour or so in the afternoon but other than that it was a lazy day, DH is full of cold now so he was happy to just laze about. Was all set to go cycling this morning but DH hadn't put any air in my tyres and he has the pump in his car, I will go running later.

Washing is on the line, have walked the dog and picked blackberries, I think that will be the last batch here now. Have dones some cleaning, added a couple of bits to the charity bag, made an ebay sale which I need to post later and rejigged a few things in the kitchen. Quite productive so far.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 32/66
  • Toni'sfriendToni'sfriend Forumite
    3.1K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still on NSD No 14

Trip into town today to get some bits and pieces for Himself. Left it to the last minute as usual. Whilst we were there we met a neighbour that we hadn't seen for a while. I had actually been a bit concerned about him, Knocked on his door a few times but didn't get any reply, Other neighbours were a bit worried as well but everything seemed OK with the house so we thought that he must be away somewhere. Anyway, turns out he's been staying with his sister as her husband is seriously ill and she needs some physical and emotional support. At least we know that he is alright and we have taken his phone number just in case any emergencies occur.

Lots of things to do before Friday so better get on.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Whoa, a week away and pages and pages to plunder through.

I had a week off, and ended up more exhausted than if I had been working! So much done, and I can't actually remember if I had any NSD's, so won't bother to add any on to my total.

Had a pedicure in the week, had my hair done properly at a hairdressers, had OH's birthday, a day to Thorpe Park (with free tickets)... busy busy! Any other time was spent catching up on the usual housework chores, and it came around to Friday night and then it hit me that I would be going back to working every single day again, had a mini-meltdown, and decided to pack in the weekend job.

I have self-employed online work from home stuff now that I didn't have when I picked up the weekend job, so I can still make just as much money, I can just spread it how I like over the weekend, and do it at home in my PJ's! Makes much more sense. I'll also save a bit of petrol at the weekends from not driving backwards and forwards there both days. Most importantly, I will have time to relax again!

Hope everyone is doing well in this miserable weather, I am focusing on the silver lining that I won't need to water the garden :rotfl:
  • apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    11.4K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I am grateful for the fact that it didn't rain at lunchtime so the kids got outside, for a good day at work, for enough energy when I arrived home to do a workout, for yummy pork chop + hm chips for tea, for dd being happier, for getting more of her hwk done and not so much set today, for haycorns all over the place, for rugby and beefy men!
    NST Jan Jitterbugger#1; NSD2 ; Ex3 ; bagfuls (62)

Mortgage £386 ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: very soonish
  • crazy_cat_ladycrazy_cat_lady Forumite
    6.8K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone :wave:
    Well I slept awfully last night - but I've been way too busy today to even think about what is going on in my life outside of work. Got to work just after 8 and got home after half past five, without even enough time to go to the toilet during the day. It's been one of those.
    Thanks everyone though for your kind words. I'm going to speak to my solicitor about putting a statement into court about how the situation is affecting me - see if that helps to move it forward a bit.
    Another nsd today - just busy. Got home and I've done a few little bits about the house but mostly I'm just looking forward to an early night and hopefully a less busy day tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
    NST January #24 NSD = 10
    Working hard to pay off my debt
    Time to take back control
  • f0xh0lesf0xh0les Forumite
    4K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I celebrated the Autumnal equinox by going scrumping. Now I have a shopping bag full of apples to process tomorrow. I will not spend money tomorrow, if I don't comment by bedtime tomorrow, I am being held hostage by the apples. Send help!
    MFW#65 November 20 = £89,500 Next target £88k + sub £4.25 interest a day ...
    E/F £12,500 + K/F £2,400 = £14,500
    NSTurtle # 8🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢 but I still need a new roof.
  • lcc86lcc86 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    F0xh0les that sounds like an interesting story! Luckily I only passed out in my own bed! That's probably my one and only drinking excursion of 2019 lol.

Ccl I hope you can get a quick resolution to all of this, I know it's been ongoing for such a long time. Hugs to you.

NSD yesterday, back at work and dealing with my kids either missing their appointments, being arrested or ending up in court! No rest for the wicked! Mostly sorted, have to work late tonight, planned to go to the gym but weather is icky so I'm going to work out at home instead and get some washing done before work. Today should be another NSD, it's also payday but I put the money in a separate account until the start of the following month as I find it easier to manage it for a calendar month rather than from 24th, it shouldn't make a difference but it seems to help psychologically!

Plans for a 'spending fast' this month haven't really gone to plan, I've done okay and will have some money left over to put in savings but I haven't done as well as I would've liked so I think I'll try again in October and see if I can improve. Although it's getting to that spendy time of year so who knows!
    Car debt total May 2020 £5,200 - January 2021 £2,866

Pay off all your debt by Xmas 2021 #19
  • dolly84dolly84 Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tipping down here today. No plans to spend today but I may call in the charity shops in town if the rain stops, I am looking for some fabric pieces to recover the lampshades in our bedroom.

f0xh0les - do you have to peel all those apples now?
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 32/66
  • mothernerdmothernerd Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    At mum's I dismantled the old heavy wooden table. I have saved the 2 semi-ovals which made up the top and the small blocks which held various bits in place. Discarded the legs, the 2 middle (extending) panels and the heavy substructure needed to contain all that. Plan is to sand and varnish the two semi-ovals, hinge them together so that they fold up when not in use and position the blocks so that it will fit over a smaller table when needed.

Quite hard work (had to move various table parts back and forth to get at the screws) so decided on a restful remainder of the afternoon. Got to go and buy a large block of wholenut chocolate for mum and just don't trust myself in the shops at all - I plan everything out and then the monkey brain takes over and yells chocolate, chocolate.

I have left one large embroidered piece at mum's, yesterday it went too dark to sew and also a tub of sharpies. Mum has a set of two elderly but young at heart bathers which live outside and have had all the colour bleached out of them. Will use the legs of one of the thrown out chairs to hold the wellies when I paint them - will be able to get at all sides without touching them.

Taking a book back to the library and more things for the food bank box. Will also check whether the charity bin has been emptied.

Fot yesterday I am grateful for wrestling the table into submission, for how pretty the town hall square lights look (twinkly lights in the trees were put up for Christmas several years ago and then left - came home in almost complete darkness and it looks magical), for the lovely prawn coleslaw.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST Feb No 6 No Debt No mortgage