NST 07/2018 - Survive July!

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,701 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Today I am grateful for the breeze, for dropping stuff at the solicitor's, for good walking, for chilling time with dd, for the YMCA taking a good load of furniture from mum's house and booking a return visit for more in a fortnight, for dd making a potion from water + cinnamon + bicarb, for getting lots of washing washed and dried, for heading home tomorrow.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • plumduff55
    plumduff55 Posts: 868 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Another NSD for me today and that makes 22.

JUMP - Only exercise for me today was chasing my 86 year old Mum around B&Q, Homebase and Wickes while she was choosing a new sink, tap, light and sockets. I just hope I'm as agile as her at that age:j

GRATITUDE - for collecting 5 and a half ounces of raspberries. I know that is a pathetic amount but I'm going back again and I will be better prepared. I could only collect from the edges as I had wide legged trousers on and didn't want any tics finding there way up my legs :rotfl: So watch this space - I will do better next time!

I am meeting dil and grandkids in Glasgow tomorrow to give dgs his birthday present. I'm really looking forward to it but the problem is if I'm to stay within budget I will only be able to spend under £6 as I need to keep £3.99 for the cinema on Monday. I think I'll need to order a kids portion or go on a fasting diet for the day :(. No idea where we're going to eat but I am determined to stay within budget.

Wish me luck xx
    Debt free - Mortgage free - Work free ( in that order :) )
  • apple_muncher
    Plumduff - maybe take bicycle clips with you next time?

Mothernerd - hope you are ok x
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Toni's friend - I will try Iceland thanks for the tip! I resent paying filling price too !!
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 765 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Today is another NSD. Not sure what I'm on. I'd maybe take a guess at 10 but may well be way off.

Got paid yesterday & I now have 170 in the budget for August. :eek: However I have budgeted for everything so that's just for groceries & we are away a lot.I am due some vouchers from work. I'm not budgeting for them incase they're late but there is £50 I can spend at m&s & I'm hoping they land Soon.

Today is catch up day. Hating working full time :( Missing my boys but it's getting us through to September.

House savings at 9000 this month :T:T:T I am so proud of this.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Morning all :hello:
    I am very grateful for the storms yesterday as it's a lot cooler and fresher out there, and I'm far more comfortable than I can remember being for weeks.
    Bagged myself a nsd yesterday - quite a rare occurrence during the summer holidays. Now just counting down until payday...
    There isn't a lot to report here - it's been a quiet couple of days, which is just what I need and kind of like at the moment...
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    • NSDs - 6
    • Remember - ddr to charity, 3 carrier bags of items to CS, £5 donation to a Teenage MH charity for non-u and activities. Small donation of items to foodbank.
    • Pay to your debts or savings first - DONE - + £450 (total) OP to BTL Also opened a S&S ISA
    • Set budgets. Started working on Aug budgets - another tight month but should hopefully catch up with ourselves in Sept
    • Use things up Still ongoing. ) Lots of space in freezer. Lots of toiletries used. A tub of fence paint used up (had for over a year)
    • Revisit targets you set back in January. - Done.
    • Vacation time No idea whether we're going on hol in Oct (not booking until after A level results) Booked (spur of moment) a break to Cparcs for 5 days in Aug. Paid on 0% CC (empty) and will repay over 3 months. Will pay for any activities and other spends for it on debit card. OH has also booked a surprise break for me and him for end of Aug (wedding anniversary)
    • Inspire others -
    • Value for money - Needed new swim shorts for DS2 & DS3 - Sains 1/2 price sale :)
    • Every day - here :) Thankful for cashback (and resulting TEsc0 vouchers!), the rain to fill up the butts, time by myself when everyone else was still asleep this morning

• Jump - Watering pots with watering cans. Shifting rubble by hand. Gotta be worth something! :D
    • Unless budgeted, no takeaways, coffee shops, lunches out etc. - succumbed to a takeaway last night (at £17.25 for 5 of us)-.
    • Lose the excess. Lots sold via fb00k and flebay. Stuff donated to CS. Stuff used up. Definitely much less in than out!
    • Yearly plans -we are halfway through 2018. If you haven't planned on how to finance Christmas/ birthdays in the second half of the year/ DIY things which need doing / any holiday plans you may have - NOW is the time - will make a list of people with bdays and those I need to get Xmas presents for and make a start, even if it is putting money aside. Have started a list of things I'd like as presents and bought 1 small item for DS1.
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Another spend day. July has been horrible for spending.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    NSD 20/20 Was a spend day. Food/treats/entry into a museum. Resisted buying the photos taken by the staff at the Shard. Took my own photos.
    Use - Will definitely be doing this. Still trying to using up things already in.
    Revisit - Am going to set new goals. Made a list of goals and bucket list.
    Vacation - Not going on holiday. Planning to have some days out/experiences. Done 2 days out already. Now planning to make a start on my goals/bucket list. Done 3 things off my bucket list.
    Inspire - Will try.
    Value - Will look into other ways to save for days out etc.
    Every - Have done. Grateful for:
    Coped with the height when I went to the top of the Shard.
    Managing to get in quicker to the Sherlock Holmes Museum.
    Being cooler today.
    Manage to get my stainless steel water bottle refilled in a food/sandwich/coffee place free of charge.
    Doing self-care today.
    Jump - Will definitely do walking as it will help my mental health also. Walking around London.
    Unless - No need today.
    Lose - Not done any decluttering today.
    Yearly - Have made a list as to what needs to done or going out trips/experiences/voluntary work for rest of the year.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • apple_muncher
    Today I am grateful for a smooth journey home, for having seats on every train, for the weather getting warmer as we went further south (I had to buy dd some leggings this morning from a charity shop as we only had shorts and she was so cold in the wind!), for having a home to return to, for time to relax and watch the Tour, for exchanging messages with the friend we're going to see in Spain next week, for fresh rasps, for a more successful blackberrying trip than last time, for packing lists (I'd be lost without one!).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure