Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Comments

• matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    If they failed to set up the DD then you should have noticed and the outstanding amount should have been sitting in the bank ready for when it was set up. A simple check of your bank account should have alerted you to the problem - you do check your bank account, don't you?

You didn't have to threaten them, you should have raised a complaint, waited 8 weeks for them to resolve it and then gone to the ombudsman. OFGEM aren't actually interested
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • This company allowed me to run up a Debit of over£500 in 12 months in spite of submitting regular meter readings. Difficult to contact by land line. Did not reply to my e-mails. Tried to switch provider but blocked, Eeven when I paid off the outstanding amount by Bank Debit Card. Informed by Eversmart it could take days for their Finance Dep't to clear the money. In the meantime my new provider (Green Network Energy) has terminated my application for the latest big switch. I may have lost out on a good deal. I'm not impressed!
  • S0litaire
    S0litaire Posts: 3,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Well looks like my switch away from ever smart didn't go 100% to plan...

Currently sitting in the dark with my new supplier (literally in the dark, no power!) All because eversmart didn't release the smart meter when I left them...

Thankfully a quick phone call to my new supplier "bulb" and an engineer is on their way within the next few hours, to take out this smart meter and replace it...
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    didn't realize smart meters can block supply, gosh
  • S0litaire
    deanos wrote: »
    didn't realize smart meters can block supply, gosh

They can if your going between pre-paid and debit accounts.
    Old supplier never flicked the "go dumb" switch at switch over, so when the credits run out it cuts of supply...

Battery low, so can't wait for 10 mins in a calling queue with eversmart to sort it out. Relying on their sms and email support which is terrible!!!

Added complication is, for them to swap out with a dumb meter the new supplier needs access to neighbors fuse box since it's a "shared neutral" connection. And the neighbour isn't answering his door or he's out.
    Laters

Sol

"Have you found the secrets of the universe? Asked Zebade "I'm sure I left them here somewhere"
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    they never reply to messages i have sent on messenger
  • S0litaire
    deanos wrote: »
    they never reply to messages i have sent on messenger

I did get an email reply (since i sent it to an actual persons email instead of their "help" address)...

They said basically "it's nothing to do with us (Eversmart) as you're no longer a customer"... or words to that effect. Even though I'm having to "top up" my Eversmart account to get power back on!

So I'm currently paying 2 suppliers for my electricity :( Very F'ed off...

Currently waiting to hear back form SP Energy Networks to see which supplier my smart meter is registered to. If it's the new Supplier Bulb then they will have to replace the meter with an old fashioned debit meter.
    If it's still with Eversmart, then I think i'll have to force them to turn my meter dump then hand it off to my new supplier! (with compensation!! i hope!!)
    Laters

Sol

• JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    My switch to Eversmart (ES) is going badly. Dual supply supposed to have switched on 10th Sept but only gas did. Was told on 10th that they'd have to reapply for elect. transfer.

A few days ago I had heard nothing so contacted Octopus (still no transfer received) and then ES by email. ES now say, so sorry, we'll have to reapply for the elect. transfer!!!

What an incompetent company - I can't really trust anything they say. Still, by my calcs. I have overpaid just £3.49 by my elect. account not switching on 10th.

I'll still be asking for compensation and will look forward to moving away from them in around a years time, or even earlier when they go bust.
  • Looking for thrifty advice how to handle Eversmart account, please!

Account set up 2017. I later noticed on bank statement that only DD amount for one supply (gas) was being taken and I emailed them to instruct correct amount to be deducted which was to be arranged. I have just discovered change did not happen so I am in serious debt (amount unknown as no bill for 10 months).

Only two bills received online before smart meter set up after 2 months. About 6 months Eversmart requested meter readings to which I replied they had smart readings when Eversmart advised me they were sorting it out at their end. A second reading request after 9months and I referred them to the previous exchange of emails - so it had not been sorted as promised. I do not understand the display on smart reader and asked for instructions to read meter but nothing recieved. I also invited them to send a meter reader again although previous reader visit did not generate a bill.

I have had no contact to advise me fixed term product expired weeks ago so frightened my charges will be scary and i cant get out because of the debt.
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    JohnB47 wrote: »
    My switch to Eversmart (ES) is going badly. Dual supply supposed to have switched on 10th Sept but only gas did. Was told on 10th that they'd have to reapply for elect. transfer.

A few days ago I had heard nothing so contacted Octopus (still no transfer received) and then ES by email. ES now say, so sorry, we'll have to reapply for the elect. transfer!!!

What an incompetent company - I can't really trust anything they say. Still, by my calcs. I have overpaid just £3.49 by my elect. account not switching on 10th.

I'll still be asking for compensation and will look forward to moving away from them in around a years time, or even earlier when they go bust.

Just a further update. In their email to me, I noticed that ES referred to an 'industry rejection' which blocked my electricity account switching to them.

I emailed them back saying that Octopus Energy had never received a transfer request, so there was no rejection. Their reply was:

"Good Afternoon Mr XXXX,

Thank you for your reply, pleas (sic) be aware that there is no liability for this issue, as stated in our previous email this is an industry rejection, ourselves and your current supplier have no control over this.

We understand that this is frustrating and you should not be penalised financially, once your electricity supply starts on 23rd October 2018, we can then investigate the extra cost to yourself and reimburse you accordingly.

We hope that you are satisfied with our response and we look forward to the future.

Kind Regards,"

So what is an "industry rejection"?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family