Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

1787980818284»

Comments

• halogen
    halogen Posts: 426 Forumite
    HHarry wrote: »
    There seemed to be an issue registering with Utilita to do with your date of birth being a mandatory field, but they didn't have that information.

They sent out an e-mail a couple of weeks ago to allow Eversmart customers to register - just follow the link on the e-mail.
    All I've had is one text message. no emails
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    HHarry wrote: »
    Possibly - but I got my 'sorry you're leaving' email on the 24th Sept, and my register an account email on the 2nd Oct.

Have a look in your junk folder to see if it's floating around there?

Yep looked there but nothing. Not too bothered really as don’t particularly need online access given switch away.
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Mister_G wrote: »
    Yes, my Utilita A/C ends in 0000 as well.

Luckily I left them on 18th September for Symbio. I was therefore only with them for the 7 days from when they took over Eversmart.

From my meter readings, I calculated that I owe Utilita about £31 plus the £107 I owed Eversmart (DD set too low).

Not sure if Eversmart's administrators or Utilita are going to chase me for that.

Presumably Utilita provide your opening read with them to Eversmart’s administrators to allow the latter to calculate the final amount owed .........in same way as when you switch between two energy suppliers when there is no SOLR process involved? Thus meaning that the closing meter read at Eversmart and opening one at Utilita are the same with the same date ..... otherwise could end up being double charged if he administrators used a closing estimate for example.
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,926 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    tg99 wrote: »
    Presumably Utilita provide your opening read with them to Eversmart’s administrators to allow the latter to calculate the final amount owed .........in same way as when you switch between two energy suppliers when there is no SOLR process involved? Thus meaning that the closing meter read at Eversmart and opening one at Utilita are the same with the same date ..... otherwise could end up being double charged if he administrators used a closing estimate for example.

Presumably is the key word! I have photos of the meter on the two crucial dates of when Utilita took over from Eversmart and when Symbio took over from Utilita.

We shall see.
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,544 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Has anyone managed to switch away from Utilita, when they initiated their switch ASAP after Eversmart was closed?

My switch to Breeze eventually started on Monday 7th Oct - got my Welcome email from them on that date and got 'Sorry you are leaving' email from Utilita the day after.

Nothing since then.

Just wondering if anyone has got away yet.
  • JohnB47 wrote: »
    Has anyone managed to switch away from Utilita, when they initiated their switch ASAP after Eversmart was closed?

My switch to Breeze eventually started on Monday 7th Oct - got my Welcome email from them on that date and got 'Sorry you are leaving' email from Utilita the day after.

Nothing since then.

I got a similar result with changing to Igloo energy. When i tried the first time we had to give Utilita 2 weeks. Igloo are now trying again, so we will see. But one thing that hasn't happened is i have not got a final bill from eversmart or Utilita.
  • JuneS
    JuneS Posts: 62 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 16 October 2019 at 9:32AM
    Utilita only took over as SoLR on 11th September 2019 following Eversmart ceasing to trade.

Generally suppliers are permitted up to 6 weeks to produce a final bill after you have actually left them.

However, where a SoLR has been appointed, depending on a number of factors including (a) the state of the financial record keeping by the former supplier, which often is not as good as it should be, and (b) the number of customers affected, then it can take much longer.

Those who switch from the SoLR at this time may also experience a longer than normal, 6 week wait for their final bill as that may not be able to be finalised until the previous supplier account is finalised.
  • Bendo
    Bendo Posts: 291 Forumite
    Glad I managed to get out just in time my switch to AVRO completed on the 12th Sept.
  • Stratus
    Stratus Posts: 254 Forumite
    JohnB47 wrote: »

I'm due to open with Symbio tomorrow. Just logged on to my Utilita account and my customer reference number is no longer recognised. I'm hoping this is a good sign.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure