Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Options

Comments

• matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,613 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    May I suggest that Eversmart customers log on and download all your history before the website shuts down. It's also a good idea to read and photograph your meters so you are in a good position to help yourself when the account is transferred to another supplier.

Those who put a bit of effort in at this stage will have significantly less hassle than those who just hope it will all come out in the wash.

I bet there are still some IRESA customers who are still arguing about their accounts and wish they'd done a bit more when IRESA went bust.

We've just transferred away to Symbio and are a few quid in credit with Eversmart but as I control our account pretty closely it's not a kings ransom if we have to wait some time to recover it. We'd already closed our DD.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Fontana
    Fontana Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 6 September 2019 at 1:26PM
    Options
    My switch away from Eversmart was due to go through on September 12th. Should I try to cancel it or will it be stopped anyway now they've ceased trading? I haven't given the new supplier any readings yet.
  • couriervanman
    Options
    Fontana wrote: »
    My switch away from Eversmart was due to on September 12th. Should I try to cancel it or will it be stopped anyway now they've ceased trading? I haven't given the new supplier any readings yet.

It will go through ok
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,550 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    matelodave wrote: »
    May I suggest that Eversmart customers log on and download all your history before the website shuts down. It's also a good idea to read and photograph your meters so you are in a good position to help yourself when the account is transferred to another supplier.

Those who put a bit of effort in at this stage will have significantly less hassle than those who just hope it will all come out in the wash.

I bet there are still some IRESA customers who are still arguing about their accounts and wish they'd done a bit more when IRESA went bust.

We've just transferred away to Symbio and are a few quid in credit with Eversmart but as I control our account pretty closely it's not a kings ransom if we have to wait some time to recover it. We'd already closed our DD.

Thanks for the reminder. I've just closed my Direct Debit - due on 12th.

I usually leave them open in cases like this but Eversmart have been so disorganised that I've decided I'll close it this time. I'm in credit with them (around £40) and I don't want them having any more of my money.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I can still access my Eversmart account 3 days after switching. I calculate that I owe them about £22, so have cancelled the DD (due to go out next week) and shall await a final bill from the SOLR, once appointed.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,928 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, I can still see mine and have updated it with my current reading.

Not sure what's going to happen with it, but it can't do any harm!

I probably owe them about £200, but not sure if they are going to take the DD on 12th - maybe not?

I've also downloaded all of my monthly statements.
  • GT60
    GT60 Posts: 2,326 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    matelodave wrote: »

I agree always photograph your meter reading no matter what suppier you are with.and download the statements every month.
    I was with eversmart but switched when it the tariff ended
    Yet they continued to take DD's which my bank reclaimed but Eversmart still owe me the month in advance Payment from when the account was opened.
    I have been arguing with them since April and last Month i got Ofgen involved.
    Always always keep records of everything no matter what company it is.
    Spending my time reading how to fix PC's,instead of looking at Facebook.
  • darkovo
    darkovo Posts: 209 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just got the text from Utilita.
    Quickly cancelled my DD, payment was due to come out tomorrow!
    Symbio switch is due to complete 14th, hopefully won't all get messed up now?
  • bufferz
    Options
    Still waiting for utilita, if I've not heard anything by the middle of next week I'll have to chase them, as I'm not staying with their prices!
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 September 2019 at 6:58PM
    Options
    Just logged into my daughter's account. She switched on 2nd but they have raised an estimated bill for her usual billing date of 7th. My bill has been generated for the usual 11th, the day I switched. This is going to get silly.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure