Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Options

Comments

• the_mandarin
    Options
    Was automatically switched to Utilita and then switched away from them within a week. The problem now is - Utilita claim they have not received any of my details from EverSmart. My account was in credit with Utilita and without any reading being transferred over, they have no way of getting this credit back to me.

Anyone else in this position?
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 12 October 2019 at 12:58PM
    Options
    Just received a bill from Utilita covering 18th - 30th September, I switched away on 11th Sept.

edit: and it seems they stole me back on 18th :mad:
  • HHarry
    HHarry Posts: 894 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Switch sucessfully completed today. Applied on the 22nd September.

No issues with it being 'to early' etc.

Meter readings for the 18th, when Utlita took over, supplied - hopefully final bill will be issued Ok.
  • the_mandarin
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    Just received a bill from Utilita covering 18th - 30th September, I switched away on 11th Sept.

edit: and it seems they stole me back on 18th :mad:

Did you also get your final bill from Eversmart, which should have been issued by Utilita?
  • molerat
    Options
    Did you also get your final bill from Eversmart, which should have been issued by Utilita?
    No. They have admitted they took my account from Symbio.
  • the_mandarin
    Options
    No. They have admitted they took my account from Symbio.

Okay. So were you not one of those who were with Eversmart and then moved over to Utilita?
  • molerat
    Options
    Okay. So were you not one of those who were with Eversmart and then moved over to Utilita?
    No, but my switch date was after Eversmart went bust so I was with them on 6th which is the date the file must have been pulled at. Likely that file was used to transfer people to Utilita on 18th without carrying out due diligence to check if those people were still with Eversmart. My daughter moved on 2nd Sept and has not heard from Utilita. I do have an outstanding amount owed to Eversmart but not been billed.
  • the_mandarin
    Options
    No, but my switch date was after Eversmart went bust so I was with them on 6th which is the date the file must have been pulled at. Likely that file was used to transfer people to Utilita on 18th without carrying out due diligence to check if those people were still with Eversmart. My daughter moved on 2nd Sept and has not heard from Utilita. I do have an outstanding amount owed to Eversmart but not been billed.

Thanks for clarifying.
    I too have an outsta nding amount but it is something Eversmart owes me, and Utilita have claimed they have not received these details yet.
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Anyone else not been able to register for the Utilita website following the transfer? Says my customer reference is not correct even though it is.
  • the_mandarin
    Options
    tg99 wrote: »
    Anyone else not been able to register for the Utilita website following the transfer? Says my customer reference is not correct even though it is.

Yup! Same here!
    Let me guess - your reference number ends in 000?
    It appears they have given the same generic account number to everyone and it does not amount to anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure