Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Options

Comments

• molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,951 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    My switch has failed again. Now going to be 16th Oct. First time it seems that Octopus had not updated the national database that the switch from Iresa had completed. This time they have admitted it was their fault so will credit me with £25 and be on the tariff I was supposed to be so not a bad result (provided it all works this time !)
    Sorry to see you go e-mail from Octopus so it looks like it is going through this time.
  • Trammess
    Options
    After 12 months with Eversmart I tried to switch to a new fixed deal, only to be told by the new supplier that Eversmart had blocked the switch because I owed them money. I have been on a monthly direct debit and have given a meter reading every month via their web site. I did accrued a significant debt during the very cold winter, but Eversmart never contacted me to increase the direct debit and in any case this has been reducing every month through the summer. WIth every other switch I have received a final bill from the old supplier and they then take a final direct debit to clear the account. I called Eversmart and paid the out-standing debt with a debit card, they then continued to take the monthly direct debit (they now owe me money!) and didn't remove the block so I lost out on the new deal.
  • cylch
    Options
    Oh dear. Mine ends today too and I've had better things to do for a year than take & give monthly readings, which is why I chose a fixed deal.

On the plus side I've underused 500 units on my 12 month expected, so they will owe me cash. I haven't had any correspondence from them about my fix finishing today.

On the whole they've been Ok as a supplier. Their T&C's were in breach of the 1998 DPA as well as marketing consent through a forced opt-in and massive duplication of terms with wrong headings etc. but they promptly acknowledged.

They did try a stupid stunt of calling to say an installer was in the area today and expected me to drive home from work immediately to have a not-so-smartmeter fitted, for their benefit. Agent didn't have the authority to issue immediate payment for my time at regular hourly charge rate so I passed on the offer.
  • collectors
    Options
    I joined up with this company about 7 weeks ago & nothing but mess ups. I have an economy 7 meter like thousands, if not millions of people have & they don't have the facilities to take the readings. Yet they managed to set up my standing order very quickly.
    Wish i never joined them.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,951 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 September 2018 at 10:42AM
    Options
    molerat wrote: »
    My switch has failed again. Now going to be 16th Oct. First time it seems that Octopus had not updated the national database that the switch from Iresa had completed. This time they have admitted it was their fault so will credit me with £25 and be on the tariff I was supposed to be so not a bad result (provided it all works this time !)
    My new welcome pack gives me a new customer number. The old one from Aug is 0033xxx, the new one is 0039xxx. My daughter's a week later than my first is 0034xxx. Assuming they are using a straightforward incremental numbering system that means they have likely taken on over 6K customers in 6 weeks and assuming many of that original number have left that is an increase to their customer base of well over 20% in a very short amount of time.
  • darkovo
    darkovo Posts: 209 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Finally, after switch completed on 12th September, today they've finally added my initial read and confirmed by email. It's therefore looking like they're approximately 2.5 weeks behind.
  • tillycat123
    Options
    My switch was also the 12th and readings still showing as zero, hopefully will be updated soon!
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,613 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    My switch was either on 7th or 10th Sept - Octopus think it was 7th and they got a reading on their website for 7th. Eversmart think it was 10th.

I've not managed to get a reading on the Eversmart website until today although I gave them the reading on 10th by E-Mail.

So I don't yet know what initial reading Eversmart are going to use or the final one for Octopus.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Bendo
    Bendo Posts: 296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My switch seems to have gone through fine, not much communication from Eversmart but checking my account on the expected dates the electric and gas appeared with the option to submit reads so have done that.

Would have gone more smoothly has iSupply not kept on blocking the switch due to a non-existant debt because their systems are in the dark ages and don't recognise a credit card payment until after the next bill has been generated unless you phone them and wait on hold for 6 weeks.
  • Armac
    Options
    I joined Eversmart Energy almost five months ago after seeing them recommended on Cheap energ club. They are incompetent, do not answer emails until you threaten them with contacting OFGEM and take hours to answer the phone.

After four months I noticed that they had not set up a direct debit and had not billed me, their online account is not informative. I emailed them and am still waitung for a reply. I phoned them and was told that I had mistyped my bank account number and they would sort it out if I gave them the correct number. They then informed me that I would have to pay almost £400 imediately or pay an extra £40 per month to clear the debt. Now I am paying 50% more per month than originally agreed. I emailed them again telling them that I did bnot believe their excuse and asking if there was a problem why did they not contact me to let me know. i also threated them that I would contact OFGEM if they did not give me a satisfactory answer. They have since replied that the original error was mine and they should have contacted me and gave me £20 compensation.

They have still not contacted my last supplier with the final readings for my gas and electricity.

AVOID this lot. They are toxic.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport