Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Energy
839 replies 103.1K views

Replies

• MABLEMABLE Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on that tariff as well! Applies to all fixed 12 month contracts (follow the link at the bottom of their main page, section 5 for reference)

"At the end of your contract you will receive £20 as a thank you for your loyalty and you can choose to enter another fixed term contract or be put on our cheapest variable tariff and given written notice of this."

Will be nice getting some written notice from Eversmart since I'm 6 months in and haven't had a single letter/email/invoice from them despite regular readings! No horror stories to speak of so far though.

My experience with Eversmart is you have to be pro active and not wait for an up to date bill. I joined in August 2018 and waited patiently for a bill for about two months. In the end I had to phone them and they then generated it manually. Also they never ask me for meter readings but I now supply them on a regular basis myself to avoid them estimating my bills.
  • JohnB47JohnB47 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    molerat wrote: »
    Most likely that you were still tagged as in the process of switching on the industry database which is possibly down to Octopus not confirming the switch to them was complete so the switch was auto rejected. I am in a similar situation and my switch is now due to go ahead on 16th after a foul up by them not re-applying for which they have stated I will get £25 credit.

Thanks molerat.

I'm presuming your reply relates to my post about 'industry rejection'?

If my problem is "possibly down to Octopus not confirming the switch to them was complete" then surely Octopus are at fault. So then Eversmarts view that "there is no liability for this issue" is nonsense. There are only three parties in this shambles, Eversmart, Octopus and me and I've made no mistake. So ........

I've had no offer of compensation from anyone but I'll certainly be asking for it! Perhaps I'll need to go to Ofgem.
  • JohnB47JohnB47 Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    [QUOTE=MABLE;74902129_....._but_I_now_supply_them_on_a_regular_basis_myself__to_avoid_them_estimating_my_bills.[/QUOTE]

How do you do that? Hopefully not hanging on the telephone every month.
  • deanosdeanos Forumite
    11.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Uniform Washer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you pop in on the website, i get a bill every month now
  • vanilla8vanilla8 Forumite
    650 posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Right, Im joining the fiasco. I supposedly switched to eversmart on 12th Sept, however eversmart have only just acknowledged my meter reading submitted via email and given me an online account.

Octopus energy haven't issued me a final bill yet, should i be chasing them for this? Should i be asking eversmart if my switch has gone through OK?
  • vanilla8vanilla8 Forumite
    650 posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    vanilla8 wrote: »
    Right, Im joining the fiasco. I supposedly switched to eversmart on 12th Sept, however eversmart have only just acknowledged my meter reading submitted via email and given me an online account.

Octopus energy haven't issued me a final bill yet, should i be chasing them for this? Should i be asking eversmart if my switch has gone through OK?

Well 5 minutes after emailing Octopus and they have now sent me a final bill confirming refund on 30th Oct!
  • Having joined EverSmart at the beginning of May, I gave up at the end of August and have gone back to British Gas. Tried umpteen I times to get a smart meter installed but “no one is in the area at present”. My British Gas smart meter was apparently incompatible. Lucky to get email responses within 2 weeks and I refuse to wait 8th in line in a queue if I phone. Now have final bill and they have quoted the opening electric incorrectly, clearly didn’t get it from British Gas and they are asking me for c£340 when they owe me money. I appreciate that they are new and probably overwhelmed by the numbers of new customers, but they are still getting things wrong that they should have sorted by now.
  • matelodavematelodave Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally got cheesed of with Eversmart not using the correct opening reading and not correcting my first monthly statement so I sent them a complaint to [email protected] and got a reply within 2 hours.

I therefore suggest that going straight to the complaints dept may be the best way to get some sort of reaction from them - they'll soon get fed up and hopefully strengthen their systems a bit.

Now to have a go at Octopus to try and get a final bill out of them.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • edited 16 October 2018 at 11:47PM
    preeceypreecey Forumite
    85 posts
    edited 16 October 2018 at 11:47PM
    Quite angry with Eversmart right now.

I'm a prepay customer and switched to Eversmart from Utilita back in July this year. The switch wasn't seamless - there was a slight hiccup in getting my gas switched and my top up cards sent out, but they got there in the end. Didn't need any new meters as my SMETS1 meters installed by Utilita are exactly the same as Eversmart's ones.

I found Eversmart's Goodbye Standing Charge tariff extremely enticing - and it was guaranteed until July 2019 so it was a no brainer. Was the best option at the time and the unit rates were fine in my opinion.

However the past few days I've noticed our credit balance on both our gas and electric has been depleting much faster than before. Curiously, I checked the tariff on the in-home display and it appears that my tariffs for both energy supplies have been switched to ones with ripoff standing charges - no wonder I noticed the balance going down a lot faster than I expected.

I'm sure they can't do this - I have all the emails etc from when I signed up which explicitly stated my Goodbye Standing Charge tariff is fixed until July 2019. They can't switch me over to something more expensive without letting me know first, surely? Plus they can't go back on a promise that my prices will be fixed until next July, can they?

I'm not happy at the moment and have put a comment up on their Twitter page asking them to resolve this, but thought I'd also advise the public on here because I'm really cheesed off that my fixed price tariff was changed without my knowledge or consent.
  • Further to my last comment. Done a bit of investigative work into the name of the tariffs shown my smart meter.

My smart meter currently reads a tariff of "SafeGuard PAYG ELEC 21" for electricity and "SafeGuard PAYG GAS 21" for gas.

I am now under the impression that this is a British Gas tariff. After doing a quick search of this Pay As You Go tariff on BG's website, my smart meter's current unit rates and standing charges match what is stated on the tariff guides on the website.

I have never been a British Gas customer in my life, and have NOT signed up with them recently, or ever.

Why have Eversmart switched me over to British Gas and/or why have British Gas taken over my entire supply without me ever asking them to do so?

The lunacy of it all.