We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Can A Girl Ask A Man Out on a Date.

Options

Comments

• zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,378 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    cjdavies wrote: »
    If she asks then she should also offer to pay for the date

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5578132
    Ignore that thread, it got invaded by a load of time travellers from the 1950's.

This one's much more like it. The time travellers obviously managed to fix their time machine and go back ;)
  • Uxb
    Uxb Posts: 1,340 Forumite
    Options
    phatbear wrote: »
    of course its ok, im a man, and ive never ever asked a woman out in my life, and ive done pretty well on the dating front over the years.

Never happened to me yet - I suppose I'm not rich enough or to put it in more PC terms do not have "significant long term earnings potential".
  • Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,551 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have had a woman ask me to marry her. It was on top of a mountain and it wasn't a leap year, so I assume the altitude had addled her brain.
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    cjdavies wrote: »
    If she asks then she should also offer to pay for the date

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5578132

She always does, irregardless.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• tesuhoha
    Options
    zagfles wrote: »
    Ignore that thread, it got invaded by a load of time travellers from the 1950's.

This one's much more like it. The time travellers obviously managed to fix their time machine and go back ;)

We have already had this conversation and TBF its getting a bit tedious.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• tesuhoha
    Options
    I have had a woman ask me to marry her. It was on top of a mountain and it wasn't a leap year, so I assume the altitude had addled her brain.

What was your reply.

• zagfles
    Options
    Uxb wrote: »
    Never happened to me yet - I suppose I'm not rich enough or to put it in more PC terms do not have "significant long term earnings potential".
    Yeah my wife must have looked at my 10 year old bangor and Primark shirt and thought yeah that's a sign of "significant long term earnings potential".

Maybe there's some other reason you've never been asked out.
  • ripplyuk
    ripplyuk Posts: 2,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'll probably get flamed for this but I'm just being honest. I was taught that a girl should never ask a guy out. I'm not a million years old either, born in the 80's. Various reasons were given such as guys liking a 'chase' and it would ruin it for them, or that they'd think I was cheap. I don't rationally believe any of this but it's hard to shake off.

I'd draw the line at proposing. There's no way I'd ever propose to a guy.
  • zagfles
    Options
    tesuhoha wrote: »
    We have already had this conversation and TBF its getting a bit tedious.
    Have we? Don't remember you in that thread.
  • justme111
    justme111 Posts: 3,508 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    ripplyuk wrote: »
    I'll probably get flamed for this but I'm just being honest. I was taught that a girl should never ask a guy out. I'm not a million years old either, born in the 80's. Various reasons were given such as guys liking a 'chase' and it would ruin it for them, or that they'd think I was cheap. I don't rationally believe any of this but it's hard to shake off.

I'd draw the line at proposing. There's no way I'd ever propose to a guy.
    Ah, ripply, but don't you see how circumstances make that advice bot applicable? There would be no chance whatsoever to meet him again otherwise so she would not have damaged her prospects with him as they are 0 otherwise. And he couldn't really with a straight face ask her out after she seen him on a date with her friend really , could he? Some flexibility , not blind following the recipe , eh?:)
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure