We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Can A Girl Ask A Man Out on a Date.

Options

Comments

• tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    I'm also curious about why the friend took Chloe with her on the date in the first place?!
  • shiny76
    shiny76 Posts: 548 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    tesuhoha wrote: »
    Basically, I just wanted to know what men thought about it. Sounds like you all think its a good thing.
    I'd be chuffed. Even if I wasn't interested in the person who had asked.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,871 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    But why would she mind after one date and then deciding he wasn't her cup of tea. They didn't jump into bed together or anything like that.

I don't know that she would mind.
    But to avoid unintentionally upsetting a friend I'd take the cautious route and just check for sure - especially as there's been virtually no time at all between the date and Chloe wanting to ask him out.

Years ago, I went out with a bloke for a couple of dates.
    Months later, a good friend of mine asked if there was anything still between us as she fancied him.
    I said 'no' & even asked him if he would ask her out as she was interested in him.
    That was over 45 years ago.
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I don't know that she would mind.
    But to avoid unintentionally upsetting a friend I'd take the cautious route and just check for sure - especially as there's been virtually no time at all between the date and Chloe wanting to ask him out.

Years ago, I went out with a bloke for a couple of dates.
    Months later, a good friend of mine asked if there was anything still between us as she fancied him.
    I said 'no' & even asked him if he would ask her out as she was interested in him.
    That was over 45 years ago.

Well she is going to speak to her about it. She doesn't want to tread on anyone's toes.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    I'm also curious about why the friend took Chloe with her on the date in the first place?!

The friend met the guy for a date on Saturday afternoon. She was due to go out with Chloe in the evening so he joined them for a drink. After a while Chloe left them to it. So it was a date and a half I suppose.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• jamiehelsinki
    Options
    I think when you do online dating or any sort of dating really you find that it's women who are more against equality than men.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,227 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 February 2017 at 6:33PM
    Options
    If she asks then she should also offer to pay for the date

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5578132
  • justme111
    justme111 Posts: 3,508 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Tell your friend that advice not to ask a man out could apply if they met in normal circumstances where they are on the same foot. In her case they met on his date with another woman. So expecting him to ask her after he would be unfair and that advice does not apply.
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • zagfles
    zagfles Posts: 20,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Basically, I just wanted to know what men thought about it. Sounds like you all think its a good thing.
    Absolutely. My wife asked me on our first date.
  • silverwhistle
    Options
    There is an awful lot of stuff like that on there. I just wanted some - say this or say that etc.

Yes, but it's a US website and they have a whole lot of curious "rules" about dating, and it does indeed sometimes feel like they're still in 1957.

Why would it be 'desperate' if she asked him? What if all men had the same attitude? Personally I'm lesbian so the issue doesn't arise. :D

The English (British?) way is more to fall in to relationships. Ask him out for a casual pint on a Saturday or Sunday lunchtime or the idea above to invite him to a more open do. Lots of us are quite shy and somehow manage to meet people. if the water is cold it sometimes takes more of an effort of will to jump in, but she won't drown.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.6K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.8K Life & Family
  • 249.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure