We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Can A Girl Ask A Man Out on a Date.

Options

Comments

• Gloomendoom
    Gloomendoom Posts: 16,551 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tesuhoha wrote: »
    I wasn't expecting mockery

Welcome to the Marriage, Relationships & Families board.
  • tesuhoha
    tesuhoha Posts: 17,971 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Can she not stalk out this guy on the same dating app?

I have suggested that but she has met him so would that be weird?
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• tesuhoha
    Options
    Mojisola wrote: »
    Linked from that site -
    http://www.lovepanky.com/women/attracting-and-dating-men/can-a-girl-ask-a-guy-out

So depressing! I'd hate to see any teenagers in my family taking this rubbish on board. :(

There is an awful lot of stuff like that on there. I just wanted some - say this or say that etc.
    The forest would be very silent if no birds sang except for the birds that sang the best

• makingplans4nigel
    Options
    I have suggested that but she has met him so would that be weird?

She could style it out to be more of a coincidence...plus if he's not interested it's a little less humiliating than doing it face to face.
    Come on sucker lick my battery
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Not April Fool's Day no, but Valentine's Day and I thought people would be more sympathetic. This article for example finds all sorts of ways round it but is no good if you want to meet up with someone you are not in regular contact with.

http://www.lovepanky.com/women/how-to-tips-and-guide-for-women/how-to-ask-a-guy-out
    I can't see why asking on Valentine's Day would get more sympathetic responses.
    I think most people were just gob-smacked at the question rather than deliberately mocking.

Experts at Lovepanky? :rotfl:
    What an awful website.
    This is someone who has had a lot of rejection from men over the past few years and she has never asked anyone out before so you might mock but its not that easy for her.

This is also someone who she has only met once but was very attracted to.
    She has just said she is going to ask him out. She said she doesn't care about rejection because she is used to it.

I posted earlier before I read your later posts.
    This sounds so sad.

Your thread title says 'girl' - is she really a girl?

Is there anything you and Chloe's friend can do to try to build up her confidence?
    Make-over?

I hope he says 'yes'.
    She ought to have a plan for the date when she asks him e.g. cinema, coffee shop, pub, restaurant etc.
  • Gloomendoom
    Options
    She could style it out to be more of a coincidence...plus if he's not interested it's a little less humiliating than doing it face to face.

She could try leaning on a lamp post in case he walks by.

Banjolele optional.
  • tea_lover
    tea_lover Posts: 8,261 Forumite
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I think most people were just gob-smacked at the question rather than deliberately mocking.

Yes, incredulous! I'd have the same reaction if someone posted to ask if women could be engineers, or drink pints, or go on holiday alone..... just truly staggered that anyone would ever need to ask in the first place.
  • Gloomendoom
    edited 14 February 2017 at 2:41PM
    Options
    tea_lover wrote: »
    Yes, incredulous! I'd have the same reaction if someone posted to ask if women could be engineers, or drink pints, or go on holiday alone..... just truly staggered that anyone would ever need to ask in the first place.

Cut [strike]him[/strike] her some slack. [strike]He's[/strike] She's trying to do the woman a favour.
  • tesuhoha
    Options
    Cut him some slack. He's trying to do the woman a favour.

I'm not a man.:)

• Gloomendoom
    Options
    I'm not a man.:)

Apologies! :o
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing