🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

NST: Sailing into September

Options

Comments

• swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    Evening everyone :hello:

Spends – my first NSD of the month. I didn’t go out and stayed away from online shops which massively helped.

Time – The little one slept for most of the day so I signed up for a course on coursera and spent a bit of time on that. It was nice to give my brain a workout. I also started a new library book, Nina is Not Ok, which seems promising. I’m probably going to regret spending this much time on these two things when the little one stays awake all night! Should’ve napped instead.

Empty – I went through the little one’s sleepsuit and vest drawers and bagged up the stuff that is too small for him. I know someone who is due a baby in the next few months and I’ve earmarked them to be passed along to her.

Meet – Is it bad there is no one I want to see who I haven’t seen for ages?! I prefer having a small circle of friends/family meaning I see everyone regularly. Instead I think I will make more of an effort to take the little one out and about as I keep him cooped up at home too much.

Reading – as mentioned I’ve started a new book. Got to remember to take my other one back before the 9th.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ramblehan - I loved Bring up the Bodies :)
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Survived the first day back without too much trouble - but always easier without the kids in school :p
    Got home to find the new trampoline pad had arrived, so got my daily exercise by replacing that. 64 springs stretched to remove the old bit then stretching the new one back on again... I have blisters on the palms of my hands and suspect that I won't be able to move tomorrow. :o
    I'm all done in planning and prep for tomorrow and am just about to enjoy my me time. EastEnders, computer and knitting. Don't think I'm up to doing any reading tonight though - but we'll see once I go to bed.
    NSD and all meals from stores :j
    Calling and Thrifty - those are some scary experiences for the pair of you. Hope you're ok.
  • ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Survived the first day back without too much trouble - but always easier without the kids in school :p
    Got home to find the new trampoline pad had arrived, so got my daily exercise by replacing that. 64 springs stretched to remove the old bit then stretching the new one back on again... I have blisters on the palms of my hands and suspect that I won't be able to move tomorrow. :o
    I'm all done in planning and prep for tomorrow and am just about to enjoy my me time. EastEnders, computer and knitting. Don't think I'm up to doing any reading tonight though - but we'll see once I go to bed.
    NSD and all meals from stores :j
    Calling and Thrifty - those are some scary experiences for the pair of you. Hope you're ok.

My day was the same - fine as no kids in school until tomorrow :)

As for me - NSD 2/14 today and not much else to report. Off now to walk the dogs and get an early night.
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    8. Exercise. I really need to do something about this. Last week I cancelled my WW membership not because it doesn't work but because I hadn't bothered to follow the plan and it is such a big amount of money to pay when I'm not using it.

A lot of people on here have heard me praise this before, but I cannot recommend the smart phone app 'My Fitness Pal' enough. I used to do SW and never lost much, never kept what I did lose off, never really enjoyed the groups or practised what they preached. But, since downloading My Fitness Pal I have lost 10 pounds. It's all because you record what food you've eaten and how much and it tells you the calories so I can see black and white when I've gone over, or when I've been under, so I now have clear concrete evidence as to why my weight is the weight it is, whereas I could never get behind the SW 'syns' (like WW Points system) as it never added up to me.

It has made me disciplined, it has made me plan ahead my food, and I cannot rate it highly enough.

I don't want to sound like a salesperson for it, as I am anything but, but it has really worked me for. It costs £1.49 to download the basic version which is all you need.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    NSD number 2 for me. Tomorrow won't be as my OH is drinking Milk like it is going out of style. He must have the strongest bones in the world! :)
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hugs Fmess.

Spent £6.31 on food. Could have managed without but lots of food but not much variety so bought salad stuff to make it healthier (woman cannot live on eggs and cheese alone). Two large prawn and pasta salads reduced to 69pence each.

Not a lot done but averaging 20 things out of the door each day. DS1 said he had never heard anyone who was so excited by having a skip. He remembered the bed that the 20 yo board had come from. Dried enough clothes and undies for the rest of the week - not sunny but very warm out.

Today I am grateful that DS3 finished off the chocolate cake (was lovely but not good for me), for libraries (lots of new notices about forthcoming events) and mostly eating from the fridge (finished bean salad and slices of roast beef - the ys bread has finally gone mouldy after 6 days).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Another NSD for me, 3/14 :) Was planning to get milk on the way home but forgot, will get tomorrow.

Had a baked tattie with egg mayo for tea which used up some eggs that went out of date today and some salad bits that were a bit past it. Cut up some fruit that was going soft and will have that for breakfast tomorrow with yoghurt. Lunch is made for tomorrow, just need to remember to put it in my bag in the morning. I've also made flapjacks with some out of date porridge oats.

First day at new work went ok, wasn't quite what I expected but sure I'll soon get the hang of it. Cleaned the flat and did the ironing this evening, now away to relax in front of the TV for a wee while before getting an early night again.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10814.10/£15000 (72.1% saved). Emergency fund - £1562.44/£2000 (78.1% saved).
  • dizzyblnd
    Options
    Nsd#3 for me. Glad everyone's first day back went well.
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) Funeral was as good as can be expected. I saw lots of family that I don't usually get to see regularly and got to ride in a Rolls Royce Phanton, it was amazing!

SFD achieved and really not ready for the kids to come back to school but I'd better get an early night in preparation!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport