NST: Sailing into September

Options

Comments

• apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Quote for today:

“Cherish time, your most valuable resource. You can never make up the time you lose. It’s the most important value for any productive happy individual and is the only limitation to all accomplishment. To waste time is to waste your life. The most important choices you’ll ever make are how you use your time.” – Kekich Credo #2
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Quote for today:

“Cherish time, your most valuable resource. You can never make up the time you lose. It’s the most important value for any productive happy individual and is the only limitation to all accomplishment. To waste time is to waste your life. The most important choices you’ll ever make are how you use your time.” – Kekich Credo #2

So true. Trying to get out and about each day this week whilst weather is okay and catch up with different friends haven't seen in a while. Life is too short - have fun.

Not doing to well on SFD's yesterday nice beach walk with one of my friends ended up having drink outside a pub - to enjoy the sun whilst it lasts .Treated friend as she is down in the dumps
    Today bought chocs for another friends 59th Wedding anniversary. Feel bad if I just gave a card, good to me when first moved in my house.
    Tomorrow hopefully do better.
    Paid 130.00 off my debts so slowly getting back to amt in my signature - Debt now stands at 3945.00
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • 364ab
    364ab Posts: 22 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sorry I've not got my head round quoting people yet, but my favourite chickpea recipe which is also super cheap is Chickpea Ketchup Curry. Its a Hugh River Cottage Veg but its also on bbc good food (the forum wont let me post links)

Houmous is always good, and also Jamie Oliver recipes - spinach and feta filo parcels and summer chickpea salad.

I love cooking, especially when its quick and thrifty...
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 September 2016 at 2:55PM
    Options
    Well done Calling on paying more off the debt.

I've been naughty and booked a hairdresser's appointment. However it's the cheap one (£26 for wash and cut bob) and the last cut was months ago. It was a messy bob but the way she cut it it even looked half decent growing out. Can nearly put a bobble in but giving up, fancy it short again. So Thu won't be an SFD. But this also counts as me time and a wee confidence boost. Bought a few items on ebay recently again (nice quality tops, ballerinas, wide legged trousers etc - total spend £30 on 6-7 items incl postage) to get that feel-good factor of making a bit of an effort. Was slipping back into black t-shirt and jeans mode. I'm not a dress-up kind of girl but would like to dress more my age rather than sloppy. Will start the thing where you hang clothes you have worn (after washing) the other way round so you know which ones you have worn recently and pick sth else. Feeling good in myself motivates me in other areas of life somehow...

Anyway, enough ramblings....
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Cherish time, your most valuable resource. You can never make up the time you lose. It’s the most important value for any productive happy individual and is the only limitation to all accomplishment. To waste time is to waste your life. The most important choices you’ll ever make are how you use your time.
    So true! Sometimes when I'm waiting for a page to launch, I end up automatically playing a computer game, just as a habit, I suppose - I've started to shut them down as soon as I notice what I've done (that sounds bad, I know!). Our time and our health - crucial.

The "empty" part of NSJ has gone really well today - all the used foam from my counselling room has gone to the tip, and the room itself is ready for a proper clean (there's hardly anything in there now :j) then the walls will be painted, the curtains will go back up, a spare bed, a chair and a bedside table will go in there, and my house becomes fully my own again
    :j
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Just a quick one from me because I'm shattered - reporting another nsd. And making some me time now by having a very early night. Hope everyone is ok. xxx
  • Lauralozzle
    Options
    Day 6

Another NSD today so that's 4/14. Next one will probably be Sunday now to be honest as we're going away tomorrow to Wales for a few days for our holiday this year.

Been making good use of food we have in, using up freezer supplies and making sure nothing is going to waste :)

I've also cleaned the bedroom and sorted out the wardrobe., so everything is neat and tidy. It's amazing how good it feels knowing that that is all sorted!

We went for a walk today around local country-park, so I hit my exercise target too! And to finish the day off, I've packed my bag for trip to Wales, plan to make a pack-up for the journey and have been settling down reading last Game of Thrones book.
    February Grocery Budget: £190.75/£350.00
    NST no. NSD 4/15
  • ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all :wave:

I can't keep up with this thread! Just a quick update as I'm shattered after the first day back with the children in school.

Spends - NSD
    Eating - following meal plan
    Presents - I need to make a list and check cards in stock. We chucked all wrapping paper when we moved so will need to buy this.
    Time - DH is out, school work done so I'm going to have a shower and read my book in bed.
    Empty - just waiting for a friend to come and collect some of our left over insulation.
    Meet - None except seeing friends at work now the holidays are over.
    Bed - I am going to compile a list of potential new beds at the weekend!
    Garden - I've been keeping on top of the dog mess...so to speak :eek::rotfl:
    Exercise - None and my legs are aching after standing all day.
    Reading - See Time.

I'm pleased with progress so far but the presents area could become a challenge!

Janey x
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    Evening everyone,

What a miserable day up North, think the winter weather is kicking in.

Sadly today wasn’t a NSD as I bought myself a chicken salad from Subway for lunch and a bottle of juice to consume at home in the evening. I read a bit of my library book and took an afternoon nap whilst the little one was conked out after his jabs. I walked to the doctors and back this morning which gave me around 40 minutes of exercise in total.

And that was my day…..spectacularly unexciting!
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
  • ljaneyr
    ljaneyr Posts: 1,135 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    364ab wrote: »
    Spends - 3/14 NSD - lazy hangover Sundays have to be good for something! Yesterday was a spend day but I made the effort of getting early birthday presents for later in the month, (gift cards which will save on postage).
    Eating - Made a big batch of minty pea and potato soup, just in time for the rainy weather. Next plan is to soak a load of chickpeas that are lingering around at the end of the cupboard rather than go for the easy option n buy more tins.
    Presents- I am holding off for the Christmas planning at the min, due to Sept birthdays and a holiday later this month. Once that's out the way full speed ahead..
    Time- I am combining this with reading and taking 10mins at start and end of the day to re-read an old favourite, Northern Lights (The Golden Compass).
    Meet - finally had a drink with our neighbours on Saturday night, and it went well, hence the lazy Sunday..
    Empty/Bed - have a charity bag that I'm taking today, plus I am tackling under the bed next, spurred on by the puppy who keeps finding random things under there to drag out!
    Exercise- I walk to work and back 4 times a week (3.6miles per day) but this makes me rest on my laurels a bit at other times. Going to reinstate my trio of weekly yoga/Just Dance and Jillian Michaels workout, which have all failed since beginning of summer. Maybe introducing one a week so its not so much of a shock!

I LOVE Northern Lights! I've just started reading it to my class :)
    "It is often said that before you die your life passes before your eyes. It is in fact true. It's called living." Terry Pratchett
    Bought our house 2012 :) Married 2015 :D Started renovating 2015 :eek:
    Renovation fund... what renovation fund? :eek: Emergency fund 40% Future fund... ongoing...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure