NST: Sailing into September

Options

Comments

• The_Only_Girl
    Options
    Misstara, I saw something on telly on how to tell if the egg has gone off. Place the egg in a bowl of water. If the egg sinks to the bottom and lays flat, it's as fresh as can be, if it starts to "bob" up, it's less fresh but still good. If the egg floats on the surface, it has gone off and should not be consumed. We bought some ys eggs before and we used this technique to test the eggs for freshness. The eggs lasted about 2 1/2 to 3 weeks after we bought them. (Some eggs are ys but they are "display until" and not "use by."

Florence J, thanks for the heads up about Fitness Pal. I've downloaded the app on my phone and iPad ages ago, I just haven't had the right mindset to actually track everything I eat. My brother lost about 5 stones just using the app and doing lots of exercise so I know it works. I just need a kick on the backside.
    "There is Life AFTER DEBT."LBM 2009 Total Debt £49046.24 Debt Free as of 27/08/2015
  • nannygladys
    Options
    Hi everyone just a quick entry from me.

Still only 2/14 nsd, eldest dgd stayed with me over night so took her out for dinner before I took her back as she starts big school tomorrow and needed a lot of confidence building, she's really dreading it.

So that's about it, oh I did clear a load of clothes out and cleared my wardrobe and it looks so much better.

Started putting clothes out for packing as I go on holiday on Saturday, can't come soon enough.

Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - 
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Nannygladys - I hope your dd enjoys her firt day and quickly makes some friends.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Eager_Elephant
    Options
    Everyone is doing amazingly - I like seeing what everyone has had to eat and making best use of the food they already have in.

The Only Girl - sorry to read you have been teary, you have had a lot of changes recently so it's understandable. Also I find my hormones play a big part in how weepy I get. Have a ((( ))).

Fmess - glad the funeral went well.

Reporting in a NSD for yesterday. Didn't read any book last night and instead watched The Murder of Sadie Hartley - it's a documentary on ITV for 1.5hrs. It was brilliant so that was my 'me' time as don't usually watch much TV.

Have a good day everyone.
  • 364ab
    364ab Posts: 22 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Spends - 3/14 NSD - lazy hangover Sundays have to be good for something! Yesterday was a spend day but I made the effort of getting early birthday presents for later in the month, (gift cards which will save on postage).
    Eating - Made a big batch of minty pea and potato soup, just in time for the rainy weather. Next plan is to soak a load of chickpeas that are lingering around at the end of the cupboard rather than go for the easy option n buy more tins.
    Presents- I am holding off for the Christmas planning at the min, due to Sept birthdays and a holiday later this month. Once that's out the way full speed ahead..
    Time- I am combining this with reading and taking 10mins at start and end of the day to re-read an old favourite, Northern Lights (The Golden Compass).
    Meet - finally had a drink with our neighbours on Saturday night, and it went well, hence the lazy Sunday..
    Empty/Bed - have a charity bag that I'm taking today, plus I am tackling under the bed next, spurred on by the puppy who keeps finding random things under there to drag out!
    Exercise- I walk to work and back 4 times a week (3.6miles per day) but this makes me rest on my laurels a bit at other times. Going to reinstate my trio of weekly yoga/Just Dance and Jillian Michaels workout, which have all failed since beginning of summer. Maybe introducing one a week so its not so much of a shock!
  • 364ab
    364ab Posts: 22 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hope everyone has a good day and feel as motivated as I do by all the fellow turtles, you are all brilliant and lovely, and I hope I don't let you down with September's challenges now I'm officially joining in!
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    364ab wrote: »
    Next plan is to soak a load of chickpeas that are lingering around at the end of the cupboard rather than go for the easy option n buy more tins.

I've got a bag of chickpeas sitting in a cupboard, not sure what to do with them apart from houmous. Don't have any of the other ingredients though. What will you be doing with yours?

Had leftover roast chicken in a chinese noodle soup for dinner last night and have both taken leftover of that for lunch. Tonight will be sth fish. Swim at lunchtime today. And hopefully NSD number 4 today.

Nothing else to report.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    HI everyone

5th September

Today was a bit of a non challenge day.

Used the “unclaimed” M & S voucher to buy some food on YS and deals. Have enough to make 8 meals (plus a little veg) for C & I. Didn't spend anything else so does this count as NSD? Not sure of rules.

Making a fish pie for tomorrow with all the ingredients coming from freezer/store/vegetable rack.

Didn't do any tidying outside or in or any Christmas stuff but we had a lovely day. Wandered around city centre window shopping and C took me for lunch and a couple of glasses of wine (that's twice this week – I'm being spoiled!). I'm going to count this as “me/us” time. Due to his sister's illness it is rare that we just spend some time together thinking about ourselves. Sorry if that sounds selfish.

Fmess – Glad the funeral wasn't too much of a trial Big hug from me.

Thrifty – Wish I had taken up serious walking when I was younger and fitter. Lad who has just moved into our block has been taking his girlfriend's children camping and hiking. The're six and eight years old and they absolutely love it. Can't wait to tell me what the've done and seen (the children are just such little darlings) and all the other children think it is so cool that they spend the night in a tent.

Hope everyone has a happy day.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thrifty - glad you found your way home. I do a lot of moorland hiking and have got lost many times and it is pretty scary.

calling - glad everyone came out of the car incident OK

greent - ouch to the car expenses

TOG - Sending your son of to uni is a big deal and I'm not surprised you feel emotional.

Yesterday was spendy, I bought sandwiches and buns from the bakers for lunch for me and the kids, also bought some vintage pillowcases in the CS for 99p, an acid wash skirt for DD and a jumper also in the CS and a t shirt for DS again a CS buy.

Just me and DD today, we are going walking this morning so we can have a nice natter (she doesn't want to walk though the lazy bones) then lunch at home.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • thriftylass
    Options
    I've got a bag of chickpeas sitting in a cupboard, not sure what to do with them apart from houmous. Don't have any of the other ingredients though. What will you be doing with yours?

Had leftover roast chicken in a chinese noodle soup for dinner last night and have both taken leftover of that for lunch. Tonight will be sth fish. Swim at lunchtime today. And hopefully NSD number 4 today.

Nothing else to report.

Just thought of sth. Got a lamb curry in the freezer that could do with bulking out to be enough for two.

But still open to other suggestions on what to do with soaked chickpeas.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure