NST: Sailing into September

Options

Comments

• XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sorry I haven't posted for the last couple of days I have had some long travelling days and an interview to prepare for and getting DS ready for school.

Spends/Budget – Some small spends on food when travelling and have bought DS new school shoes, footie boots and some bits of sports wear as starts rugby next week.
    Eating – We have been using up what we bought at beginning of month although haven't quite stuck to meal plan
    Presents – Nothing bought as yet
    Time for me/exercise - Planning to watch DCI Banks tonightEmpty – Haven't even started this yet
    Meet – Meet up is next weekend
    Bed– made a start sorting DS bedroom and office, sample of wallpaper arrived today and is nicer than expected and feel could get away with a plain blind
    Exercise – took the dog out for half an hour but have cancelled PT session tonight as do not want to do it so close to Sunday's run, may try a short run in morning but have yet another long travelling day.
    Reading - haven't read much over the last week as have been prepping for interview but will over the weekend (to keep my mind off the run :eek:)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • Determined2Save
    Options
    Another NSD logged today!
    Also went to the gym for the first time in over a week (bad cold & holiday), managed a good 6k run and didn't feel particularly tired - all good news as I'm training for a 10k in October
    OH is away tomorrow - Monday, so I've meal-planned for myself for that period. Usually I'd just wing it and end up buying delicious posh salads from M&S

No cleaning done - well, I did the dishes last night :o
    Overdraft: [STRIKE]£715[/STRIKE] £220
    Barclaycard: [STRIKE]£889 [/STRIKE] £1,089.33
    Loan: £1450 [STRIKE]£50[/STRIKE] £50
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    NSD number 3 today. Made a lasagne with tinned, frozen and 'bottom of the fridge going manky' vegetables. So I feel good about that. Used a tiny amount of quorn mince so I feel good I could make the meal and not have my OH complain about it being lacking in any way.

Joined the Cheap Energy Club and as I suspected I am on the best deal, but it will be good to use to look around come next April when I am eligible to switch with no fee. We are currently over £120 in credit, which is great with winter approaching. Gives us a certain degree of freedom with when we put the radiators on.

A round up

Spends/Budget - Am planning what I call an 'epic spreadsheet' compiling all my debt information all on one spreadsheet, with easy access to update it each month as it goes down/up/the same. I am one of those people who loves spreadsheets, but I think I am in good company on this forum for that.

Eating - Created a resourceful dinner, and have planned to have courgette fritters tomorrow for lunch to use up the sorry looking courgettes. I have told my OH he has to have toast for breakfast and a sandwich for lunch as we have nearly a full loaf of bread which I don't want to go off.

Presents - Nothing additional bought just yet. I did purchase the plain T - Shirts for my nephews fabric pens the other day, so their presents are completed, but still need to pick up a little something extra for the nieces. I know pretty much what I am getting everyone in my family (Marie Kondo's book features heavily as a gift), but don't know about OH's family yet. They are trickier to buy for as his parents and sister have far more money then us so can easily buy what they need/want, so we tend to get them 'experiences' things.

Time for me - Watched a teen chick flick earlier which I can pretty much never watch when my OH is around, so I'm counting that.

Empty - Took the long overdue bag of previous residents post to the letting agents to forward on. I have a feeling there may be potentially some christmas cards in there. Oh dear....

Meet - Organised my friend to come and stay with me next weekend. We are going to go to a gig in the evening.

Bed - Will take the spare bedroom duvet and our winter duvet to be cleaned soon.

Exercise - Did 30 mins on the exercise bike whilst watching the film.

Reading - Will do so this evening.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Still shattered today.
    Got up, showered, dressed, breakfast, hung washing out, went to work, worked till 6, top up shop at Aldee..., dinner, washing in, bins out, shower (was very hot at work today), made lunches for tomorrow and now I'm going to watch GBBO whilst crocheting and then I predict I'll be in bed by 9pm. I feel boring, and like I'm not properly keeping up with life online but I need to get back into the habit of work.
  • dizzyblnd
    Options
    Quote for today:

“Cherish time, your most valuable resource. You can never make up the time you lose. It’s the most important value for any productive happy individual and is the only limitation to all accomplishment. To waste time is to waste your life. The most important choices you’ll ever make are how you use your time.” – Kekich Credo #2

This is an amazing motivational quote Apple. I agree so much- I probably go through this kind of saying in my head most days when thinking of what to do or buy. Do we really need this stuff/ do I really need to do that. Time with family n friends is so important.

I find September like the new year. I try to re-think targets and life things but often feel so exhausted.
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • FurryBeastOz
    Options
    S - A lousy 1/7. Unexpected changes in work plans has meant some hurried shops. I need to reign it in.

E - Menu planned for this week and next. A bit fluid as DH has unpredictable shifts and has disappeared off to Inverness for 4 days while I have picked up some temp work. Unfortunately with a nightmare commute.

P - Cards list is fairly up to date. We don't give many presents, but I do have a new nephew who will need to be added to the list

T - Nightime bath. An inviolate me time. Unless the house is on fire

E - Wardrobes. Now I'm back at work I need to find out what fits/needs alteration/cleaning

M - Done. Met up with one friend last week. Hoping for the run with another on Friday

B - not decided

E - Really bad this week with unexpected work. Trying to hit 10,000 a day. Will try and make it to the gym tomorrow.

R - Kindle in the bath every night. I eat books so a kindle is a must.

I'm very lucky I have no debts. Done a monthly plan as my income is up and down with temp work. I really do need to do a 12month plan though.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • dizzyblnd
    Options
    Nsd#4 yesterday but not today as I had to pay for parking. All meals from stores. Every teacher I know is shattered- part of the fun...
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Several small spends (adding to existing stores) + desperate need for an ice cream cone - bought the 4 for a £1 pack.

Counselling session today followed by crafts. Not getting a lot done but trying not to stress about it. Spent the craft session making a box look pretty. The blind girl has some presents for a friend's new baby and asked about making/ decorating a box. I took a box with me and as we still had no paper to cover it, I used paper ribbon and 'wove' a cover then added a multi- layered 'bow' on the top. The blind woman has cut out some hearts and we will glue them on next week.

Planning to start a new craft project of my own this week and have set simple goals on exercise and healthy eating. Free day tomorrow as my local history partner is talking to people at the hospital about autism. May go and do mum's tax return and tick off this week's visit.

Today I am grateful for my counsellor, for the companionship of the crafts group and for ice cream cones.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Buffythedebtslayer
    Options
    So tired here, but a NSD today, have managed not to buy lunch and am doing ok.

too much to read here but will keep up more. XXX
    Nevertheless she persisted.
  • swimminginaseaofdebt
    Options
    Evening everyone,

Today was meant to be a LSD as I only intended picking up a few bits from the supermarket. However, I popped into the local garden centre where I ended up buying the little one a few colourful looking books subsequently spending an unaccounted £12. Ooooops.

I didn’t stick to my menu plan for today as I had an unscheduled McDs but it was free as my sister treated me :)

I went to a mother and toddler group this morning and am going to count that as ‘me’ time as I managed to put the little one down on a play mat and grab a cup of tea and a chat with some other adults (twas nice lol)

This afternoon I went for walk with my sister and niece and that totalled a distance of 1.85 miles according to the app on my phone.

No reading done today and I think I’d rather hit the sack now as I’m feeling quite tired.
    VSPC 2019 #10 - £168.80/£100 VSPC 2020 #4 - £262.03/£200 VSPC 2021 #9 - £242.88/£200 VSPC 2022 #3 - £188.03/£200 VSPC 2023 #7 - £0/£200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure