Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

in Phones & TV
4.7K replies 874K views

Replies

• paulst78paulst78 Forumite
    14 Posts
    10 Posts Second Anniversary
    OldDIYer said:
    Yea it's a bit annoying but worth it to get a good deal. I got through to a real person today but didn't take the deal.... Waiting to see what happens next! 
    Just offered £71 on very polite chat for Sig/Ult/Kids/Sports/Cinema/HD/Multi/UHD which they say is the best they can do, but it's way above your TV offer (mostly on Sports £19!).  I've given 31 days' notice.
    I pay £47 a month for that package if it helps
  • AJJ2205AJJ2205 Forumite
    15 Posts
    10 Posts
    Hi, looking to renew SKY, 16+ years.  Cancelled and have two weeks left as full SKY package with Sports and Movies etc plus Ultrafast broadband quoted as £90.  Any advice how much I should be looking to pay with a good deal please ;)
    15 Posts
    10 Posts
    £55 for full SKY package, £35 for Ultrafast broadband to break it down.  Thanks in advance :)

• ironmanjasonironmanjason Forumite
    132 Posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
    AJJ2205 said:
    Hi, looking to renew SKY, 16+ years.  Cancelled and have two weeks left as full SKY package with Sports and Movies etc plus Ultrafast broadband quoted as £90.  Any advice how much I should be looking to pay with a good deal please ;)
    SImilar boat here although not with them as long as you. I called them yesterday using the link in the previous page and the guy was surprised I came through to that time before the cancellation was complete. When i wanted to cancel the tv pack I was paying £61 for the entire array - Sports, Movies, Kids, Ultra HD and BT sports and was offered 77 as the cheapest. The guy can on the call would offer it for £82 so declined it. Its a waiting game I guess now.

Make £2019 in 2019 Challenge - £272.48/£2019
    14 Posts
    AJJ2205 said:
    £77 tops, I currently pay £47 for full tv everything and £29 for sky fibres, my broadband contract is up in may and i want it as close to £20 as possible or I am going to now tv so hopefully I will be paying no more than £70 all in
  • datdatlondondatdatlondon Forumite
    11 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Chatted a couple more times to online advisor. Best available is still £83 for all TV and superfast bb. One advisor said £92 was now best but was then offered £83. They aren't budging on that. Still too high based on what I have seen on here...

I was warned that offers may disappear and next offer may be higher. Trying to scare me I think. 
    15 Posts
    10 Posts
    £100 vouchers through MSE on fast broadband deals brings the price down a bit.  Have asked SKY and they will not match the £100 voucher.  Offer ends 27th January.

broadband.moneysavingexpert.com/packages?location=ls63qf&currentProvider=None+%2F+unknown#/?addressId=&contractLength=&currentProvider=&newLine=&phoneCalls=Show%20me%20everything&productType=broadband,phone&providers=&sortBy=Avg.%20Monthly%20Cost&speedInMb=100Mb&tab=alldeals&tvChannels=&unbundled=
    15 Posts
    10 Posts
    paulst78 said:
    AJJ2205 said:
    £77 tops, I currently pay £47 for full tv everything and £29 for sky fibres, my broadband contract is up in may and i want it as close to £20 as possible or I am going to now tv so hopefully I will be paying no more than £70 all in
    You could get ultrafast BB for less than you are paying now with the £100 voucher if that helps
    14 Posts
    AJJ2205 said:
    paulst78 said:
    AJJ2205 said:
    You could get ultrafast BB for less than you are paying now with the £100 voucher if that helps
    I gotta wait till may for my contract to end then see what's about, but cheers for the heads up
    15 Posts
    10 Posts
    Ten days left and still no better offer than £55 SKY / £35 Ultrafast from SKY.  Still time ;)