Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

in Phones & TV
4.7K replies 882.3K views

Replies

• Kodi32Kodi32 Forumite
    24 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    AJJ2205 said:
    Anyone else had the SKY broadband text you finish in five days but if you don't sign up in the next 48 hrs we cannot guarantee your service.  Nothing like ramping up the pressure ;)
    Yes got that dreaded text yesterday!   Turning the screw!!
    Can't believe they haven't phoned me yet with a comeback offer.
    I do this every 18 months, usually end up getting a good deal, but this time nothing!!
    Maybe they don't care anymore.
  • AJJ2205AJJ2205 Forumite
    15 Posts
    10 Posts
    Forumite
    Still waiting for the phone to ring as well.  Two days to go so holding firm and would like to know the best deals for the full SKY package and Ultrafast broadband people have negotiated recently.  Could always go down the new customer route using my partner's details but reluctant to throw 16+ years credit away.
  • datdatlondondatdatlondon Forumite
    11 Posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've just accepted the offer they made as it's not changing after many Chats. £82 for everything.... Signature, sports, cinema, multi screen, HD, Uhd, ultimate TV, kids, superfast bb...

Just got letter through post with an offer and panicked as thought it was better but it's the same I agreed to. Managed to get the admin fee removed too. Know I could have got better but couldn't be bothered with the admin anymore! 
  • dom2599dom2599 Forumite
    45 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Kodi32 said:
    AJJ2205 said:
    Anyone else had the SKY broadband text you finish in five days but if you don't sign up in the next 48 hrs we cannot guarantee your service.  Nothing like ramping up the pressure ;)
    Yes got that dreaded text yesterday!   Turning the screw!!
    Can't believe they haven't phoned me yet with a comeback offer.
    I do this every 18 months, usually end up getting a good deal, but this time nothing!!
    Maybe they don't care anymore.
    I had the text 24hrs before switch off, called the number and spoke with a lovely guy who went through my account and ended up with full package, sports, movies multiform etc for £50..was happy with that price so accepted.
  • ferreroreesesferreroreeses Forumite
    28 Posts
    10 Posts
    Forumite
    I'm due for a negotiation, my rates went up recently, will report back if I have some luck haggling them down!
  • Kodi32Kodi32 Forumite
    24 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    3 days till switch off now!
    Had the text, now got the letter in the post to phone them,
    so i did, still the best they are offering is £84!
    Signature £16, Kids £1 , HD £3, Sports £12, BT Sport £24, Fast Broadband £28
    tried again with all the haggling BS, but they ain't budging.
    So it looks like bye bye Sky on friday!!!
  • edited 1 February at 1:28PM
    PZ19PZ19 Forumite
    332 Posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    edited 1 February at 1:28PM
    Kodi32 said:
    3 days till switch off now!
    Had the text, now got the letter in the post to phone them,
    so i did, still the best they are offering is £84!
    Signature £16, Kids £1 , HD £3, Sports £12, BT Sport £24, Fast Broadband £28
    tried again with all the haggling BS, but they ain't budging.
    So it looks like bye bye Sky on friday!!!
    What are you expecting to pay for that?  Their section of the deal looks reasonable, £32 for tv part sounds good.  BT doesn’t get discounted much does it?
  • Sheldons36Sheldons36 Forumite
    2 Posts
    First Post
    I signed up as a new customer today with a family and friends employee referral, my partners services terminate on the 2nd March and I take over on the same day.

Signature £18
    Multiscreen £9.75
    HD £4.55
    Ultra HD £0
    Ultimate TV £4
    £36 for Ultrafast Plus
    Total £72.30

Had to pay the £29 set up fee, but be surprised if Sky offer a better retention deal to my partner, it will be just my luck that they do though.
  • packers&woodsypackers&woodsy Forumite
    6 Posts
    Part of the Furniture First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Signature £16
    Sports Complete HD £12
    Ultimate £5  (Fist 2 months free)
    Are you getting Signature in HD included in that price ??
    Not HD Signature.
    I have an old Sony tv with a great picture but not all singing and dancing or latest spec.
    Think it would be wasted on me tbh and I was trying to save money on Sky subscription..but I do notice the difference in HD with fast moving sports.
  • alltalknoactionalltalknoaction Forumite
    3 Posts
    First Post
    My 18 months contract for TV, phone, Sport, HD, Netflix, Q and one additional box costs £82/month and expires in May. I don’t have mobile, Cinema or Kids packages.

Sky are indicating a rise to £134/month from that point.

When should I start haggling? Now or nearer the time? What response can I expect from Sky?

Thanks…